• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Screen Resolutions lost after Client crashed

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Folks, I need your help: My client crashed and after I restarted it, the larger screen options were lost in my options menu. I canged something and now there is only 640x480 and 800x600 left. Any suggestions?

THANK YOU and have a nice weekend!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, and all of my client settings were set to default (like desolation=on and so on).

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'd like to help you but I don't do 2d...

Though I will say did you try running the file check when you boot it up?

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thank you. what´s the file check?
In the patcher below the two progress bars, there's a checkbox labeled "Perform Full File Check". If that finds some corrupted files, they're going to be re-downloaded...

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That did not work. I have only the choice between 800x640 and 640x480. Strange enough, my uo.cfg settings are still wrong AND all my skills are missing in the skill list... What the heck? I am starting UO in Admin-mode... And did a complete file check.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
You could wait till next month when the UO store offers their new client repair token. Plus it gives you a rainbow backpack. I wonder if he reinstalls if the uo.cfg file remains from the old install? That's a weird issue and I would have thought one of the steps Jesus suggested would have done it.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, folks! The game window option was lost for all chars, the skills/macros only for one. I tired another thing: I entered 1280x720 or something in the line "game window size" and this single problem was solved. The other problems were solved when I deleted the respective character's folder in the account/shard-folder.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I lost power while playing UO and it jacked up everything. Took awhile to get it back like it was.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the same thing happened to me about two weeks ago. Luckily I had just made a copy of all my folders in the documents/EA Games directory, so I just copied those over the new ones and everything worked again. From now on I will always try to have backups of my character files etc.
Still very strange how an entire option just disappears...