• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Referral program

M

Monkeybear

From the blog:

<blockquote><hr>

We are releasing a referral program, which will allow new players to tell us who invited them back in the game. The new users will have 60 days after joining to designate their friend. As you know, new players can start playing today by downloading the game at http://ea-land.ea.com .

By inviting new friends, you will help us in many ways:

We need more players, it will be more fun.

You will get a reward, by new subscribers, ( we are thinking about some amount of Simoleans per week the first 12 months they subscribe). So if you get 10 players back into the game, you might just relax and watch the money flow in…

Later today I will start emailing all the previous players of TSO and invite them back to the game. ( I will do y best to not email too many of the current players, I promise).

So please, help us bring players back in the game,

Thank you,

Luc

[/ QUOTE ]

G

Not sure, that this was the best timing for this announcement.....

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

Not sure, that this was the best timing for this announcement.....

[/ QUOTE ]
Tut tut, the pub heads and cheerleaders are going to put you on their list for that remark. I on the other hand have a much more positive outlook on the wonders of EA Land and have composed an e-mail I'll be sending my friends:

Hey friend, pay EA some money so you can come play with me in EA BetaTestingLand (assuming you can get in) in window mode whether you like it or not. Come enjoy the new and improved levels of lag, vastly increased pointless skilling and money grinding timesinks, and behold the joys of poverty! It's great!

Ohh, and after we log off we'll go outside and pound nails into our eyes! That'll be fun too!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hey friend, pay EA some money so you can come play with me in EA BetaTestingLand (assuming you can get in) in window mode whether you like it or not. Come enjoy the new and improved levels of lag, vastly increased pointless skilling and money grinding timesinks, and behold the joys of poverty! It's great!

Ohh, and after we log off we'll go outside and pound nails into our eyes! That'll be fun too!

[/ QUOTE ]You had me at hello.

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

They couldn't do this AFTER the merge, and AFTER the bugs were worked out? I am truly blown away at the lack of professionalism with this company. No, I am not one to bash every move they make, but they sure are flailing their hands in the air; the desperation they have to make money right now is quite amusing, nonetheless.

ETA: I find it amusing that "http://ea-land.ea.com" directs you to thesimsonline.com, which hasn't been updated in years, has very few "working" links, and isn't even the same game any longer. I'm sorry, but if a friend is telling me to join a game and the site they refer me to doesn't even pertain to the game in prospect, I wouldn't join.

G

<blockquote><hr>

They couldn't do this AFTER the merge, and AFTER the bugs were worked out? I am truly blown away at the lack of professionalism with this company. No, I am not one to bash every move they make, but they sure are flailing their hands in the air; the desperation they have to make money right now is quite amusing, nonetheless.

ETA: I find it amusing that "http://ea-land.ea.com" directs you to thesimsonline.com, which hasn't been updated in years, has very few "working" links, and isn't even the same game any longer. I'm sorry, but if a friend is telling me to join a game and the site they refer me to doesn't even pertain to the game in prospect, I wouldn't join.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am usually one to think positive, but OMG here we go repeating the initial launch mistake *sigh*. I really hope those on the blog can convince Luc that this is NOT the right thing to do *right now*. I love the recruiting program they've worked out, I just think the timing is wrong. I can't remember either my login or pw for the blog, so I can't retrieve one without the other, so I can't post myself....blech. I wonder if I attempted to sign up again if it would recognize that my IP already has an account.....hmmmmm.

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

Exactly. I think the system they devised will work well, but they really need to make some more progress before they start inviting players back. If they invite now, the players will see the mess, leave, and then we won't have players coming back when the game really IS fixed and "improved". This is quite a large deal, and I can't express how poorly the judgment was displaced on this, if they do carry through with it.

G

Damn my lousy memory *sigh* that's what I get for using different info from my norm for safety reasons.....now I can't even hack myself LMAO

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

Yep, I end up switching up my usernames so if one of my accounts are hacked, they're not all available, and by doing so, I end up not being able to log into them myself. Go figure.

J

JRock

Seriously, they need to do this when they actually add the content they keep promising. lol

G

<font color="purple">lol, Roger, too funny! hehe
Yeah it sums up alot. </font>

G

Guess I'll go create a new acct (if it'll let me now, I was blocked out for the first month or so) and try to add my two cents.