• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New raised garden bed

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just thought I would make a thread for comments and clues on the new beds. I got one and just cross pollinated my batch. It is so easy, the most time I have spent was trying to figure out which configuration of the raised garden bed to place and then looking for a context menu trying to get it to come up. Oddly lately I have been having trouble getting any text to come up when I click on things and was trying to see if I was just having trouble with that or was there really no pop up menu on the bed (there isn't). It's only 9 plants but that is easy care just plant the seeds, cross pollinate or don't even do that if you don't want mutants. It made me become a gardener again even though I have a pile of seeds of renewal already.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't like it, it will lead to a drop in sales of plant resources.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps but cheap players have been growing their own already. Those with too much gold will always purchase stuff instead of taking the time to do it themselves. I wonder how much it will affect the price of plant resources.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've dropped Seeds of Renewal from 70000 to 60000 each and Orange Petals from 400 to 300 each.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So hen what sells besides sos and orange petals? I never buy any myself. I am making pigments and dyes too. Does any of the other stuff sell?

Plant Elemental

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Best sellers without a doubt are:
1) Seeds of Renewal
2) Orange Petals
3) Green Thorns

Poppies Dust sells very well too, as long as they're not overpriced. I use to get 5k per poppies dust and couldn't keep them stocked fast enough.

Resource producing seeds, I found sell decently (Bright Green Snake Plant seeds, Bright Orange Poppies, etc.) but don't count on them to make you a whole lot of money.

White plants are always big sellers, especially mutants you get from cross breeding. But the white ones from the Naturalist quest can be very proffitable too, such as the white hedges. These all fly off the shelf during Christmas time.

Black plants, like the white ones can fetch a lot too, but are sometimes hit or miss. White ones will almost always outsell the blacks. The exception being for Halloween time.

Natural Dyes use to fetch a lot when they were first introduced, but their price has dropped quite a bit. Supply has caught up with demand.

Worst Sellers
These items do not sell well at all:
1) Bonsai Trees - These will sit on your vendors for a long time. Not worth the effort.
2) Cactus Plants, all types. - Maybe other people have, but I've never had luck with selling any of these. The Worst sellers being the dull colored ones such as red, yellow, and blue.
3) Red Leaves - These are very hit or miss, and sell not even close the amount of orange petals and green thorns. For the amount you'll sell overall, it's not worth the space and the 18 days it takes.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Best sellers without a doubt are:
1) Seeds of Renewal
2) Orange Petals
3) Green Thorns

Poppies Dust sells very well too, as long as they're not overpriced. I use to get 5k per poppies dust and couldn't keep them stocked fast enough.

Resource producing seeds, I found sell decently (Bright Green Snake Plant seeds, Bright Orange Poppies, etc.) but don't count on them to make you a whole lot of money.

White plants are always big sellers, especially mutants you get from cross breeding. But the white ones from the Naturalist quest can be very proffitable too, such as the white hedges. These all fly off the shelf during Christmas time.

Black plants, like the white ones can fetch a lot too, but are sometimes hit or miss. White ones will almost always outsell the blacks. The exception being for Halloween time.

Natural Dyes use to fetch a lot when they were first introduced, but their price has dropped quite a bit. Supply has caught up with demand.

Worst Sellers
These items do not sell well at all:
1) Bonsai Trees - These will sit on your vendors for a long time. Not worth the effort.
2) Cactus Plants, all types. - Maybe other people have, but I've never had luck with selling any of these. The Worst sellers being the dull colored ones such as red, yellow, and blue.
3) Red Leaves - These are very hit or miss, and sell not even close the amount of orange petals and green thorns. For the amount you'll sell overall, it's not worth the space and the 18 days it takes.
I agree with all of this.