• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Publish map navigation

J

jpullen8874

Since the new publish today navigating my ship by map seems to be off. The boat doesn't follow me waypoints correctly anymore. Anyone else notice this?

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, navigation is bugged. My impression is that the boats only sail orthogonally now instead of diagonally.

BluDjinn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes the ships no longer drift but sail in a zig zag pattern.

I hate this, as I have taken a good deal of time to mark a set of charts to and from the places I sail most.
( server lines, Floating Dock, Serpent pillars', etc.) and my home port.

Now, they no longer work, as I am always running aground or bumping into islands or shallow water.

It is also very hard to mark new maps unless you just stick to deep water and make wide detours around any land mass.

I sure hope they fix this as I like my tiller man to sail the shortest course between points while I fish.

And some of my charts have been painstakingly worked out to dodge between islands and just barely make sure I am still fishing in deep water.

Captain Toad of TIME BANDIT

(Hey! She is black, I can fish for crabs off Her deck, and She has the Skull & Crossbones tattooed on Her bow if the chance comes up)

J

jpullen8874

Good to see I'm not alone in this. I really hope a fix is coming soon. Maps make the fishing trips so much easier.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Woah there... you can sail by maps??? how on earth do you do that???

J

jpullen8874

Open the map and click on plot course. Put pins in the map for the boat to follow then click on stop plotting. Then hand the map to the tillerman/pilot and say "start". The boat will follow the course on the map. If you stop for any reason say "continue" that will pick you up where you left off.