• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) New players Wanted?

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heya,

So yeah... After this.. ehh... 6 year break.. i want to ask..

Is it even realistic to start as a new player on Siege?
Will i be griefed by PKs til i cry , cut myself and pain my eyes black...
Will be hardcore SP Vets laugh at me and tell me to GTFO thier shard?
Will i even get anywhere?
Will i be lost?

Am i welcome?

Oh... Im European.. Will the server be Dead.. ?

Get me motivated into starting or tell me to GTFO please :)

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Sad to say it, but there aren't many folks left on Siege. Though, some of 'em are in your time zone (Petra comes to mind; I think also the NEW guildmistress).

Most of the PKs won't try to grief - just PK you for the sport. No big deal, as you'll probably die more often to mobs.

No one will tell you to gtfo. They're in desparate need of people. More likely, you'll have folks offering to help you.

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right-o!

Well i´m coming from Europa, and that sertainly look dead.. Not to mention that stuff aint worth anything.. Or err.. Too much.. server transfers, everyone got everything, etc etc etc.

Would it be useful to make a crafter, or everyone and thier mother's sister, got a crafter already, even with 1 char per account ?!?!

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege is still worth trying if you wish to begin anew again in UO.

And I made a crafter here. We do have them but with summer time, even in my walk all over the shard today, I saw a lot of vendors not even restocked at all...so that leaves a few of us that DO restock. We sure can use more crafters that will be committed to do their craftings and restock regularly.

One good thing about Siege with ROT and all you will use far less resources on Siege for gains to get to 100.0 after you hit that ROT 70.0 or so.

Anyhow give Siege a try...UO itself may be dying Siege often is a last place to try to continue to play UO. You would be welcomed ! :)

S

Shalimar/Cleo

Yes, of course you are welcome. We have quite a few Euro/UK timezone players. Just put some time and training into it and you'll be fine. Play the template you enjoy most, though, don't start with magery, that's easy to train.

If you'd like to join NEW, or need a hand with some basic equipment, give me a shout in general chat or icq: 9-626-593 (Elaine)

I'm just about to log for tea, but I'll be back in half an hour or so.

Hope to see you soon!

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm ok! :)

Well, i have been lurking around, and can see that the community seems nice. And then it doesnt matter how tiny it is, right? :)

I just can't decide on what character i would want... Gah.. A crafter.. or a T-hunter!
gah... And i really can't understand this ROT and all that.. :(

But i guess that makes half the fun, trying to understand things again? ..

Hrm... Home from work in 30 minutes, I´ll think about buying UO:SA .. Dumdidum..

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Is it even realistic to start as a new player on Siege?
It sure is, you will get some of the feeling back from when you was a new to UO and had alot of fun.

Will i be griefed by PKs til i cry , cut myself and pain my eyes black...
I can't promise you, that we don't have a few griefers but we do have alot more cool and helpful players. Some of them are red, they may kill you but not to grief you, more to say hello.

Will be hardcore SP Vets laugh at me and tell me to GTFO thier shard?
No, we will welcome you, without new players, the shard would die. Please bring your friends too.

Will i even get anywhere? Will i be lost?
Newborn on Siege, [NEW] will help you get started, alot others will like to learn to know you and invite you to their community.

Am i welcome?
YES

Oh... Im European.. Will the server be Dead.. ?
We could need more life in EU time, I'm EU too.

Now go and make a char and try out our shard :)

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Arradin,

You don't have to buy SA to play...you can download the client direct from the website, and then upgrade to SA later... I"m making an assumption you don't have a client...

Anyway, welcome to Siege, I highly recommend joining NEW for a month to get your feet wet and get help establishing yourself.

And, If you're so inclined, come to the Neighborhood Party tonight in Gilfane, there's a map on the Events Forum ^^

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
T hunters are about to get a lot of love on the next publish. Just sayin'

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks all!

Well, i´m leaning towards an T-hunter, something i always always wanted in UO .. but ended up with Tamers, Dexers and Crafters.. and PvP Mages.. and whatnot.. But now im just looking for the friendly community with some pve and stuff..

I am patching client, i am reactivating account... But i still can't decide on what char to make.. Gaaaaaaaaah... T Hunter, Yes.. But it seem to be next to impossible to do alone and stuff.. And if i make a crafter.. i can't do anything else.. so .. err.. Yeah.. :D

Either way, incoming!

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Always someone around. Maybe not talkative ones but still around.

I'm from London, and usually see the regulars (EU, US and Rest of the World) at the same time.

Just ask for Doive, thats me, and I'm usually online if ya need advice or what not :D

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks all!

T Hunter, Yes.. But it seem to be next to impossible to do alone and stuff.. And if i make a crafter.. i can't do anything else.. so .. err.. Yeah.. :D

Well I'm also training Carto, already got GM Lockpicking, and hope to do T-Maps regular come the new publish.

I'll gladly team up with ya, as I'm sure one or two others will help for the tougher maps, but that can be arranged at a later date once you've got yourself set up.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, all true...

Hard to be a self-sufficient T-Hunter at the Level 6. A proficient provoker though could work.

Dont' forget that you can decode the map, then stone cartography for another skill. You don't have to have cartography on to dig the map up.