• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Player to UO and Atlantic

• Thread starter JackRabbit Slim
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
J

JackRabbit Slim

Hey Everyone,
I just started playing UO 2 days ago, and so far I like it very much. I've decide to shoot for a Necromage character and am enjoying it so far, i just have a few questions for you experienced players.

Is there a way to tell what chance I have of defeating a certain enemy?
When should I start thinking about mounts and houses and that sort of thing?
Is there a good way to make some money? It seems I spend all the little money that I do make killing monsters on spell reagents.
Are there quests for armor and such or is pretty much everything bought from other players who crafted items?

Any other helpful hints or advice is entirely welcome as well.

Thanks a lot everyone, I look forward to learning and becoming a part of this great game.

JackRabbit

S

staereo

Hey Everyone,
I just started playing UO 2 days ago, and so far I like it very much. I've decide to shoot for a Necromage character and am enjoying it so far, i just have a few questions for you experienced players.

Is there a way to tell what chance I have of defeating a certain enemy?
When should I start thinking about mounts and houses and that sort of thing?
Is there a good way to make some money? It seems I spend all the little money that I do make killing monsters on spell reagents.
Are there quests for armor and such or is pretty much everything bought from other players who crafted items?

Any other helpful hints or advice is entirely welcome as well.

Thanks a lot everyone, I look forward to learning and becoming a part of this great game.

JackRabbit
Send me a PM, let me know when you're around. I will come show you the ropes, and get you going.

J

JackRabbit Slim

Thanks, I'll be on later tonight, I'll send you a pm then.

S

SLACK

Thanks, I'll be on later tonight, I'll send you a pm then.
Also if you aren't too proud to beg you can announce at Luna bank you are new to the shard and all kinds of nice folks will help you with equipment and gold. I did this and was outfitted in a 100% Lower Reg Suit and a check for a million (yes MILLION) gold very quickly.
I tried to turn it down but they were adamant.
Very nice people here for the most part from waht I've seen. :thumbsup:

J

JackRabbit Slim

Also if you aren't too proud to beg you can announce at Luna bank you are new to the shard and all kinds of nice folks will help you with equipment and gold. I did this and was outfitted in a 100% Lower Reg Suit and a check for a million (yes MILLION) gold very quickly.
I tried to turn it down but they were adamant.
Very nice people here for the most part from waht I've seen. :thumbsup:
Wow, well I'll think about doing this.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup apparently I seen often people go around dropping 1 million checks on the ground. There has been many reports of duping still going around, so people buy themselves reputations and favors by giving it out. I'd think twice about who you accept it from, if my logic is sound.

:dunce: