• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Player - Need Help to Choose

A

Arkyl

Hi all, I've played the trial and I've decided I'm going to try out WoW. I've been playing Guild Wars for the past 2 years, but the games really gone downhill and it's quite boring.

Anyways, I've narrowed my first character down to a Night Elf Hunter or Druid (maybe even a mohawk
). My question is, which one would be better for a new player? Personally I don't mind which one to use, I've read about them both and I plan on eventually having both. I would just like to know which one would be more suitable for a new player to learn about the game, game mechanics, etc.

Thanks in advance.

R

RayneStorm

I've always heard that hunters are he easiest to play / learn. Survivability is increased with your pet, traps, and your DPS can be pretty high with special shots. I'd say of the two, go hunter.

M

Madis

So much is dependent on what ya want to do. Do you solo alot? I do, my first toon was a hunter. Had my cat for tanking and protection. Hunters stand in the background and fire away. Would you rather melee, some druid specs make for outstanding tanks, and by the same token, great healers.

I will tell ya, some folks, if you are a hunter, and unless you really know your stuff, and have a great rep for it, some folks ref to us as Huntards.

Hell, it aint tough to level a toon to 20 or so, try them both. Play them to get a good feel for 'em. If you're going to have both eventually, bring them both to 20-25 and then decide which you are going to concentrate on for awhile.

G

GrizzleyAdams

Night Elf Hunter is the best race/class combo in the game, especially for new people. Night Elves start with bows (the least annoying sounding ranged weapon), get increased death speed (wisp), and shadowmeld (combined with prowl on a pvp server can make you and your pet invisible). Hunters are the easiest class the play because they have a personal tank and virtually no downtime thanks to aspect of the serpent (replenishes your mana). With Kindred Spirits and the proper pet talent build your pet can heal itself 100% of its health.