• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Player Help

T

TheGeoStigma

Hello,
Im looking to join the SWG. I been playing WOW and GuildWars for a while and wanted to try something new, and I like StarWars.

Is SWG still alive?
Whats a good server to play on?

What are somethings I need to know before I start playing SWG?
What is the gameplay like? ect..

P

Penti

SWG is still very alive despite what some people would have you believe. Admittedly some servers are v quiet, but there are v good communities on many servers.

Good server to play on? Depends where you are based primarily. Europe based you have Chimaera or Farstar, which are both well populated. Stateside I cant comment too much on (I'm in England and play on Chimaera) but I know Bria and Bloodfin are well populated, and I think Chilastra and Starsider??????

Some things to know? Blimey thats a huge question.........

Check out the New Player Forums on the official site as it has loads of info for new starters. Game Guides forum has specific guides on pretty much all the quests, and guides on how to level etc. Individual profession forums have excellent guides on just about every aspect of each profession.

From a personal perspective I find that the first thing to do is sort out controls and UI.

TBH its such a huge question that possibly someone else might be better placed to answer it?

B

BadgerSmaker

Welcome to SWG, TheGeoStigma!

Check the SWG Game Play FAQ stickied at the top of this forum for lots of helpful information.

Here's a list of high population servers by geographical location so you can pick one that will give you a good ping:

High Population West Coast USA Server

Ahazi
Bria
Flurry
Sunrunner

High Population East Coast USA

Bloodfin
Chilastra
Eclipse
Gorath
Radiant
Shadowfire