• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] New Plants in Special Colors?

D

DHMagicMan_1

I know we've seen the Flowering Cacti in Fire from one person whose grown at least two of them.

Anyone else seen anything other than "Plain" in any of the new plants?

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not yet, but I will have 30 or so seeds from the quest bloom in couple more days. I'll definitely post pics of any new plant types that bloom.

L

Lord Drakelord

Not yet, but I will have 30 or so seeds from the quest bloom in couple more days. I'll definitely post pics of any new plant types that bloom.
30! *looks at the two he has, and shoves them under the table with his boot All the best of luck! *sigh, maybe I get lucky with these two*

F

feath

I've got 4 - 3 fire seeds and an aqua. I wanted to see if the aqua would give me one of the new plants too. its not really a great amount of seeds, and the chances are slim they will pop with one of the new seeds, but that quest makes my eyes cross with boredom.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe, I'm glad I'm not the only one gave up so soon. I wanted to try the others too. I have 3 magenta and an aqua planted.

S

Sheridan

but that quest makes my eyes cross with boredom.
Ditto here... I set out to do the quest a bunch of times to build up a stockpile of fire and the other colored seeds, but by the 5th run through the quest, I wanted to gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 18 growing atm but most of them are only on stage two :sad4:

They are in fertile dirt so I am hoping they jump a couple of stages.

M

Millie

I'm hoping for a pink cypress tree :) lol. Woneder if any of them bleed trough to the ant quest seeds?

R

Rix/\

Fire cactus bloomed today, theres a theory that it may only be the cactus thats in a unique color since it seems tobe the only new plant that is accessable like normal plants. Meaning maybe the quest system is only reconizing these.

I've quite a few more 2-3 of each rare color and few more fire all due within next day or 2.

N

Ni-

Fire cactus bloomed today, theres a theory that it may only be the cactus thats in a unique color since it seems tobe the only new plant that is accessable like normal plants. Meaning maybe the quest system is only reconizing these.

I've quite a few more 2-3 of each rare color and few more fire all due within next day or 2.
That's my guess to, that the flowering cactus is the only of the new plants to be colorable. It's the only one that can be tended locked down after blooming, I believe. I was hoping for more of them.

R

Rix/\

UPDATE: rare pink and aqua seeds came up old school cactus :/

I have more growing so maybe.

Lady Lava

UO Senior News Reporter
Alumni
I know we've seen the Flowering Cacti in Fire from one person whose grown at least two of them.

Anyone else seen anything other than "Plain" in any of the new plants?
I have gotten a total of three fire cactus so far and I have grown a total of 23 seeds from that quest. The other 20 came up old school.

D

DHMagicMan_1

OK so chances are it's either FIRE color only or possibly any Naturalist color but only the new Cactus can grow this way. :sleep2:

Unless someone adds the rest of the new plants to the Naturalist quest so they are all available, I doubt I'll be running tons of them just for the 1/18th chance to get Fire Cacti.

:(

R

Rix/\

since they said it wasn't intended but since it happened they'll let us have it.

I'd just be satisfied we got atleast a fire plant.

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had 30 seed quest plants bloom today. 12 magenta, 12 aqua, and 6 fire. 2 of the fire plants were the 4 barreled cactus, the other 28 were a mix of the usual plants including the 3 other cacti (not in fire color however). It looks like this only affects the fire plants. I grow all of my plants in my backpack.

F

feath

I had 30 seed quest plants bloom today. 12 magenta, 12 aqua, and 6 fire. 2 of the fire plants were the 4 barreled cactus, the other 28 were a mix of the usual plants including the 3 other cacti (not in fire color however). It looks like this only affects the fire plants. I grow all of my plants in my backpack.
can i see a picture? I'm having trouble picturing this. Did you collect the seeds before or after the patch?

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll post a picture after I get home. All of the seeds were collected from runs before the new plants were implemented.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ANY NEW fire seed gathered from questing after publish 55 yields the quad-barrel fire cactus, magenta seed turns into prickly pear, turquoise seed becomes a single barrel, and pink results in a tri-barrel cactus. All old rare color pre-publish seeds can still grow into old school varieties. Rare color plant results are not conducive to happy gardeners at this time. I think we'd love every type of plant (both old and new) to have a chance to be one of the rare colors, and some would like black and white added as well.

F

feath

All of the seeds were collected from runs before the new plants were implemented.
at least two of those seeds had to have been collected after the new seed patch. you couldn't have gotten the new cactus unless you had.