• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"new pet training" question

Bob_the_fart_guy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... ok, i give up. i've tried. and i can't find "it" . the "it" that i'm talking about is: i'm looking for a how-to thread of how to best use the new pet training option. i consider myself an "OLD school" tamer. i've never wanted to use the "new" pet training option, as it really made me mad when it came out, cuz i was happy with the old way. .................. well, i guess i'm getting soft in my older years of life. i'm wanting to check it out, but i would LOVE to find a thread, catering to someone like me. it's very difficult to find one, as i am NOT looking for a "advanced 'new' taming" thread. but i also don't want to make a catastrophic fail at the onset of how to do this. ...... i hope i'm making sense. please feel free to PM me with my search. thanks in advance.

p.s.
please, help.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Go to an NPC animal trainer and do the quests.

Or

Start with a disposable pet like a Cu or lesser hyru. You start training your pet by pushing the blue button on the Lore screen. Then you put your pet on mobs that give greatly gains.

Crazed mage or a dread pirate works for weak pets.

Get the pet to 100%. The amount of slots the pet is at determines how many mobs you have to fight to get to 100. It will stop increasing at 25, 50, 75 or 100%

Then search the pet type here and there will probably be a guide.

Keep this thread going as you progress.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thank you for the reply... i do not feel that i was direct enough in what i was asking.... i finally clicked the option to begin training.... it seems like this is going to be an INSANE long process.. currently my pet is at 1.13% and the "red area" has not even began to move or register. how long should i expect this to take? also, the much, much MUCH more important question..... what "happens" when i do finally get this bar maxed out? that is what i'm really curious about.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
thank you for the reply... i do not feel that i was direct enough in what i was asking.... i finally clicked the option to begin training.... it seems like this is going to be an INSANE long process.. currently my pet is at 1.13% and the "red area" has not even began to move or register. how long should i expect this to take? also, the much, much MUCH more important question..... what "happens" when i do finally get this bar maxed out? that is what i'm really curious about.
Uo.cah will be a great source of info

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Like I said, you have to find mobs to put your pet on that give greatly gains. The 2 easiest are the crazed mage or a dread pirate.
Almost every mob on shames bottom level give greatly gains but the crazed mage is the easiest.

Allosaurous and night terror also give greatly gains.

The other mobs give less gains per time.

It takes 40 min to take a 1 slot pet to 100% on a crazed mage.

Once a pet gets max gains from a individual mob, you have to kill that mob or find another of the type.

I have taken a cu from fresh tame to fully tamed and 100 in the melee skills in 4 hours. Un bonded.