• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Pet Training, Adding Skills... and "magic"?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, I finally have a level 3 dog with some added bonuses I've never seen before.
(Born with 3 slots, up level 2 that made the dog like a tank, then up level 3 with power scrolls and extra bonuses that its way more of a tank then before.)

I had a friend helping me because I just dont understand the whole upgrade process. Confession: I've never been one to understand the whole stat side of pets. My specialty was in training them before. Now, they require WAY more training and its fun to be able to stand on my own with just 1 dog to hunt a greater monster spawn.

So... my friend had me add Chivalry... and I see it causing more trouble then I'd have liked. Hunting in Twisted Weald, I get loads of karma blasts when the dog gets positive monsters in our fighting business. Some kind of area effect spell or something.

I got a new dog… to make a BETTER go of it next time... plus time to look for better Power Scrolls. "More options."

So, with dogs... and all kinds of non-magical pets/monsters… I see 3 of these "magics".

Bushido
Ninjutsu
Chivalry

Why would you want these skills... what good would they do... what bonus do they offer? What would be better then the other and so on?

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always add +10 scrolls, they are cheap and bump it decently - if im not making a better pet with higher scrolls.

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"snipped ..."

So, with dogs... and all kinds of non-magical pets/monsters… I see 3 of these "magics".

Bushido
Ninjutsu
Chivalry

Why would you want these skills... what good would they do... what bonus do they offer? What would be better then the other and so on?
First of all ... call a dog a "doggy" and a cu sidhe a cuddly or similar *rolls eyes*

Bushido & ninjitsu for pets come in two 'variants' - "passive" or "full fledged". Passive comes with the addition / training of certain special moves like feint (bushido) or frenzied whirlwind (ninjitsu) or others. Full fledged (as magical abilities) only available to train for some pets native from Tokuno islands like hiryus and lesser hiryus - also dread spiders.

Chivalry is THE magical ability to train for an advanced damage dealer pet. No other magical ability transforms your pet into a better damage dealer ... pet casts 'consecrate weapon', 'divine fury' and 'enemy of one' for added damage boni.

For more in depth info about pet training head here ==> UO Tamer and / or here ==> Trainable Animal Bestiary | uo-cah.com ... enjoy

Last edited:

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So, I finally have a level 3 dog with some added bonuses I've never seen before.
(Born with 3 slots, up level 2 that made the dog like a tank, then up level 3 with power scrolls and extra bonuses that its way more of a tank then before.)

I had a friend helping me because I just dont understand the whole upgrade process. Confession: I've never been one to understand the whole stat side of pets. My specialty was in training them before. Now, they require WAY more training and its fun to be able to stand on my own with just 1 dog to hunt a greater monster spawn.

So... my friend had me add Chivalry... and I see it causing more trouble then I'd have liked. Hunting in Twisted Weald, I get loads of karma blasts when the dog gets positive monsters in our fighting business. Some kind of area effect spell or something.

I got a new dog… to make a BETTER go of it next time... plus time to look for better Power Scrolls. "More options."

Bushido
Ninjutsu
Chivalry

Here is some advice. DO NOTHING but read the Stratics TAMER forum, for about a YEAR, and quit posting any questions about pets until then. :) You can thank me later :) hehe

Last edited: