• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Chivalry] New patch: did you raise Chivalry skill?

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm just wondering if anyone raised your chivalry skill after the new patch that changed chivalry a bit?

I am raising it to 85, but have yet fully tested/played with the char. So, I'm not sure if it's worth it at higher skill.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm just wondering if anyone raised your chivalry skill after the new patch that changed chivalry a bit?

I am raising it to 85, but have yet fully tested/played with the char. So, I'm not sure if it's worth it at higher skill.
Raised it to 84 on my sampire, gives the old 50% eoo bonus.
Guess i will go to 85 on my other dexxers as well.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I raised all of mine from the 60s to somewhere between 80-100 Chiv with most going above 90.

BTW, you hit with the lowest elemental resist 100% of the time using Consecrate Weapon at 80 Chiv. You don't get the 50% EOO bonus until 100 Chiv.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I raised all of mine from the 60s to somewhere between 80-100 Chiv with most going above 90.

BTW, you hit with the lowest elemental resist 100% of the time using Consecrate Weapon at 80 Chiv. You don't get the 50% EOO bonus until 100 Chiv.
My sampire got 50% eoo bonus at 84 chiv. Thats why i did stop there. With 80 it was 46% .

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Can you check the tooltip by mousing over the EOO buff icon after you hit the mob?

I have 100 Chiv on my char and it says 50%. This is consistent with one of Logrus' posts during the pub 71 discussions. Did the devs change it recently?

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Went to TC:

Chiv: EoO damage bonus%
80: 46%
84: 50%
85: 50%
100: 63%
110: 73%
120: 82%

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you check the tooltip by mousing over the EOO buff icon after you hit the mob?

I have 100 Chiv on my char and it says 50%. This is consistent with one of Logrus' posts during the pub 71 discussions. Did the devs change it recently?
My numbers come from tooltip after hitting the mob. Before, it shows always 50%.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tested on prodo, 120 chiv with help from items, one char 18k karma, other char 28k karma. Identical results for both chars.

consecrate 15% bonus damage
eoo 82% di
divine fury 15 hci 20di 15ssi -10dci

Seems the same on tc1 with zero karma.
I was hoping for a karma bonus for consecrate and eoo, but it only seems to affect duration.
Didnt test healing/curing/remove curse.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly, I haven't touched my main sampire's (Yoda) chivalry skill- and really haven't had an issue. Then again, I use all elemental weapons, so that helps.

I am making a female sampire now (mostly just because of Semidar... no reason not too).... in line of thought of my recent post, I am considering taking a different direction on the build of this one.

(slightly off topic, please bear with me)

I wrote down what I would consider to be the skills I'd want. Which would be 120 weapon, tactics, anatomy, bushido, parry and 100 (99) necromancy, chivalry. That comes up to 800(799) points. In order do achieve that I would need (800-720) 80 skill points from items.

There aren't any artifacts that I would consider that offer skill bonuses (well, maybe Travesty's mask...um.... no), so it would need to come from the jewelry.

Could do 3 skills at +13 each.... so, working it out to see if I can get what I need... 45 hci, dci, ect....

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly, I haven't touched my main sampire's (Yoda) chivalry skill- and really haven't had an issue. Then again, I use all elemental weapons, so that helps.

I am making a female sampire now (mostly just because of Semidar... no reason not too).... in line of thought of my recent post, I am considering taking a different direction on the build of this one.

(slightly off topic, please bear with me)

I wrote down what I would consider to be the skills I'd want. Which would be 120 weapon, tactics, anatomy, bushido, parry and 100 (99) necromancy, chivalry. That comes up to 800(799) points. In order do achieve that I would need (800-720) 80 skill points from items.

There aren't any artifacts that I would consider that offer skill bonuses (well, maybe Travesty's mask...um.... no), so it would need to come from the jewelry.

Could do 3 skills at +13 each.... so, working it out to see if I can get what I need... 45 hci, dci, ect....
I dont see a killer reason to have gm chiv on a sampire when 85 does basically the same. But another +15 skill from jewelry will hurt.
With current suits, hla on weapon + feint + parry + evasion, one could drop alot of dci and still be fine against nearly everything.
As long as you keep whacking at max speed and deal sufficient damage, you stay alive. Thats the goal of my sampire.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The only reason I went 100 Chiv was because I thought that is where you hit 50% damage increase from EOO. If it happens at 84, then I'll adjust. I still see 50% with EOO on my current char with 100 Chiv. That's why I'm puzzled. Why the difference between the results posted above from TC and my current results on Siege.

-OBSIDIAN-

5% Luck

I run 90 on my thrower(throw/sword/parry/anat/vamp) I am in the middle of switching to 100% ele weps so this might change but for now its 100% proc and ease casting of EoO

On my tamer i run 118(trying to squeeze the extra 2 but..)(tame/lore/vet/sword/vamp) For holy light and the fact this char is alot more spread thin.

The deal is on non slayers and super slayers you get a 7% damage boost per 5 points over 90 chiv. Targeted slayers(non super) you gain nothing past 95 and are better off with anat and get an extra 0-5 damage -less than 1%-(total base) per 5 points not in chiv, if I recall my brothers spread sheet correctly(note the sheet started at 95 chive and went to 120.Under 95 may have yielded no extra damage as well IDK). Thats not including honor...

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
There must be a certain amount of karma that boosts your chivalry effectiveness. The guy I tested this on has about 5000 karma as he's still working his weapon skill on Siege. I'm still not getting the same EOO bonus you guys are citing.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Karma still effects chiv its just not the only thing that effects chiv anymore. I personally am still raising it by spamming holy light but it is slow and boring.

V

Vaneca

On my tamer i run 118(trying to squeeze the extra 2 but..)(tame/lore/vet/sword/vamp) For holy light
Hello,

I was wondering why you would want to have 120 for holy light?
105 Skill is sufficient to fizzle free cast it, isnt it?
Tho I dunno if the damage dealt is affected by the skill level.

For me there are just two lines with chivalry.
85 - for fizzle free dispel evil and
105 - for fizzle free holy light.

But I guess it depends on what you´re up to :thumbup:

5% Luck

Hello,

I was wondering why you would want to have 120 for holy light?
105 Skill is sufficient to fizzle free cast it, isnt it?
Tho I dunno if the damage dealt is affected by the skill level.

For me there are just two lines with chivalry.
85 - for fizzle free dispel evil and
105 - for fizzle free holy light.

But I guess it depends on what you´re up to :thumbup:
The main thing to note is on my tamer I have 3/6 casting 45 hci 45 dci 75 di 40 lmc and I can get more damage out of chiv then most sampires since I am not capped.

I tend to stand under a dragon and spam holy light allowing me to target the closest mob and leech mana and if need be health from vamp form. No parry no anat so my specials are kind of expensive even at 40 lmc. Since armor ignore is just out of reach half the time I rely on chivalry damage to up my dps. I think coupled with the right pet I can out damage any other template though at the cost of being slightly more vulnerable when I become the target.

I might retool this toon to make better use of armor ignores in the future but I think I have reached a nice balance with the 3/6 casting.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The main thing to note is on my tamer I have 3/6 casting 45 hci 45 dci 75 di 40 lmc and I can get more damage out of chiv then most sampires since I am not capped.

I tend to stand under a dragon and spam holy light allowing me to target the closest mob and leech mana and if need be health from vamp form. No parry no anat so my specials are kind of expensive even at 40 lmc. Since armor ignore is just out of reach half the time I rely on chivalry damage to up my dps. I think coupled with the right pet I can out damage any other template though at the cost of being slightly more vulnerable when I become the target.

I might retool this toon to make better use of armor ignores in the future but I think I have reached a nice balance with the 3/6 casting.
Chiv casting is capped at 2/6 if you have enough necro for vamp form.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what's the final answer do you really get additional DI over 84 chiv or not?