• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New MMO: City of Steam

CoS_Stephen

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Hello Stratics guys,

First of all, I would like to thank Karina who gives me the opportunity to post a thread here.

My name is Stephen. I work for a small developer, Mechanist Games. For anyone interested in a very accessible browser-based, industrial fantasy/steampunk MMORPG with loads of content and a unique world, you might want to check out City of Steam. It's made by an indie developer, and despite being browser-based, thanks to Unity 3D it looks quite impressive; the world, for example, is a huge mechanism of gears and spokes, as seen below:

(To see this in full animation, see: http://www.cityofsteam.com/world/worldmachine )

For a better picture of the game, check our latest Closed Beta Trailer. A lot has been changed and improved since then, but it can still give a good idea for what we plan to make of our game:

This world is full of both magical and mechanical monstrosities, clockwork wonders (even dwarves are part-organic, part-mechanichal), and ripe for adventure. Expansive metropolitan cities built on years of neglect and abandon allow untold evils to thrive within the heart of its intricate networks of pipes, gears and towering spires. It is up to the new age of hardy adventurers to aid the Triumvirs, the local governing body, to rid and clean up the depths and heights of the city.

Edit:

Hey guys,

City of Steam is now open and ready to play! All of you can join the game just by registering. Go here and start your journey into Nexus right now!

We may be small, but we're very receptive to player feedback too, and strive to openly discuss the development process. Feel free to drop me a line and I'll respond to any questions you may have!

Last edited:

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Welcome, Stephen!

It was great to see all the support at PAX East for everyone with City of Steam :)

Please feel free to post links to your developer journals and updates for our Stratics community. If anyone has questions, I'm sure you'll be able to point them in the right direction!

Last edited:

CoS_Stephen

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Welcome, Stephen!

It was great to see all the support at PAX East for everyone with City of Steam :)

Please feel free to post links to your developer journals and updates for our Stratics community. If anyone has questions, I'm sure you'll be able to point them in the right direction!
Hey, Airmid, thanks, will do that. :)

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Holy cow was that fast! I hope the projects I'm helping with have a speedy development cycle as well.