• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Main Page Poll

G

It's a poll, a poll, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood! And it's on the main page!

New poll is available for your voting pleasure on the TSO EAL Stratics Main Page. If you are intrigued by this poll and want to know more about making stuff to use in-game, check out the TSO EAL:S
Custom Content Forum

Your follow-up poll is below. For more information about widgets, click through to this page on the EA-Land Wiki.

(And lastly … TSO EAL:S Forum Moderator Gilly has been creating and posting the Main Page and Follow-Up polls for this site for over a year now. She’s taking a vacation for a little bit from being the poll mistress – great big thanks to her for all the work she’s done! If anyone has an idea for a main page or follow-up poll, please send it to [email protected] or [email protected].))

Follow-Up Poll!

G

I like the concept of widgets, but I haven't really used them much. I'd much prefer to be able to open widgets in-game so I don't have to switch windows.

G

I would love to use them, But every time I have had a look at them they don't work. Looked again just now and they still don't work.

G

CCSim, I'm not very familiar with them, so I wouldn't be able to give an accurate or detailed description, but you can get an idea about what they are here.

G

Go1die

Yeah, I hate using widgets because they're all over the place. But they're pretty cool - sometimes.

G

What I think would be REALLY cool is if someone could program some of these widgets as Vista Sidebar Gadgets!

G

One of these days I'll finish a widget. Working on one to remind me to green before work. I'm about 30% done cause I'm a slacker. :+)

M

MandiK

Glad Im not the only one that didnt know what a widget was.

G

Is it more clear, now?

My technical explanation is - it's a doohickey (a miniprogram, an applet, etc.) that you can put on your homepage or blog/myspace or sometimes your desktop or whatever and it's no big deal to do and you can take it off whenever - and it can provide real time information or games or tools or time-wasters, etc.

G

Have I mentioned today how much I love Thrill's Guest Motive gadget?
I tell the hosts of every packed house I go to about it. It is a host's dream.

It works through iGoogle. Here is a screenshot from the Wikipedia of it in action:

G

This I want! Where do I get it?! lol

I never heard about widgets either before this, but the need thingie, I sure can use that in my house. Or is this all an idea and it doesnt work yet?

G

This is a real thing and it really works - no waiting around

Thrill's gadget works through iGoogle. iGoogle is just a customizeable page run by Google - to access it you either use or sign up for a gmail handle.

Here is the link to iGoogle: iGoogle

And here is the link to Thrill's gadget: click me to go the wiki page with gadgets/widgets

Once you have signed up for an iGoogle account, go to the wiki link where Thrill's gadget lives and look for the little "+Google" symbol underneath the picture of it. Clicking that will add it to your iGoogle homepage.

G

Aster I agree, this is a hosts dream! I have seen this on the wiki before, but wasn't quite sure how to use it. I do have a gmail account so setting up an iGoogle page was a breeze
I use this lil piece of wonder every day now, makes it very easy to see when to cook for our visitors
Thanks for 'kicking' me off on this when we met in game!

I recommend this widget to every host. No more singing to people with full energy/social, or wasting food when nobody's hungry