• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Magincia gardens are bare! Gov. flint, A proposal to deliver: Town flower shop and greenhouse!

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To promote New Magincia growth, we need more public facilities in town. These facilities must offer something special to visitors. Something to relieve the tedium of every day life and provide a profitable industry to fill town coffers. The gardeners of New Magincia have a plan! A beautiful new public flower shop and greenhouse. The greenhouse is filled with the latest technology to greatly improve resource production for all of Sosaria!

Below is a concept drawing of the proposed new facilities, utilizing the empty plot just South of the North garden in New Magincia:

The greenhouse will come equipped with the latest in plant growing amenities: Large capacity potion vats, dirt carts and plant boxes. Plus advanced gardener's tool kits, well fed water barrels and wall to wall garden flower beds! The gardeners designed this very thoughtfully to make gardening a pleasure! All facilities are open to the public, including non-citizens. Though those that have declared citizenship to New Magincia are given special bonuses throughout the facility. Nothing will be changed in the current gardening system. However the greenhouse will offer a layer of improvements that can not be ignored by even the most novice gardeners.

Getting Started

The new model G series Dirt cart comes with a standard dual function quick release hatch. With a single click, hard dirt instantly fills all plant bowls in a patron's main pack.

Those that have declared citizenship to New Magincia are given access to the tub-lined irrigation system. This will allow the citizen's plant bowls to be filled with soft dirt. Thus eliminating the the typical two measures of water required to soften the dirt before planting a seed. Non citizens will have to use the public water barrels provided to moisten their dirt before planting. Those water barrels can also be linked to endless decanters by anyone.

When gardeners are ready to plant their seeds they can do so manually or they can walk over to one of the public plant boxes and use it to plant multiple types of seed or stacks. Just single click the plant box and select "plant seed stack" from the drop down and target the seed(s) they wish to plant. If they have enough bowls of soft dirt, the seeds will plant automatically until the stack is gone.

There is no longer any need to store plants in your pack, a beetle or lock them down at your house. You can store your plants in the plant box at the greenhouse! Either drop them in the plant box one at a time or select "add from pack" from the plant box drop down. All active non-decorative plants will be removed form you pack and placed in the box.

Plant boxes are instanced and behave like bank boxes. They will hold up to 100 plants per character. Citizens are given extra capacity boxes holding up to 140 plants!. Gardeners may only access plants that they have added.

Plant growth cycles are managed from the gardener's tool kit placed next to each Plant box. Single clicking the tool box will provide all options available for gardeners to chose which growth cycle they prefer their plants to follow. "Daily" will cycle plants at server up. "At Access" will cycle plants the first time the gardener accesses the plant box at least 23 hours after the last time the growth stage cycled (similar to storing them in your pack). "Suspend" will suspend plant growth until you select and active cycle. Plant growth cycle can be changed at any time.

Tending plants

Gardeners can not open their plant boxes. Instead their plants are managed by double clicking either the plant box or the tool kit. This will open an quick view interface the gardeners designed specially for managing multiple plants. Quick reference distinguishes plants that need attention from those that do not.

Blue background plants with no symbol in the upper right corner do not need attention (watering or potions) and can be left to advance to the next cycle. Red background plants with an attention symbol in the upper right corner need tending. Single click any plant in the interface to open the standard gump for watering or adding potions. The gardener can then tend the plant normally. When a plant that needs attention is single clicked, the red exclamation point in the attention symbol will disappear as acknowledgement. The interface also offers option to gather pollen from a single plant and use it to cross pollinate all other plants as well as option to gather all available seeds and resources from all 20 plants in the interface in a single click!

Yellow background plants with the ankh symbol (that is supposed to be an ankh) are a special bonus offered only to gardeners who are citizens of New Magincia. There are 230 available slots in the garden beds inside the greenhouse. Every morning at server up, the NPC gardeners will randomly choose 230 plants from citizen plant boxes that are not in a suspended cycle or have not yet produced the maximum amount of seed and resources. The NPCs will proudly display those plants in the greenhouse garden beds. Npcs will water them, cure them of all ailments and tend them for the day. This will give citizens a free cycle for some of their plants. At next server up, the NPCs will return the plants to the plant boxes and chose another 230 plants to care for. Theoretically if only one citizen used the greenhouse, their crops would be completely raised by NPCs.

Gardeners can remove a single or all plants from the plant box at anytime. The plants will be placed in their pack if there is space available. Gardeners may also set to decorative and clip all 20 plants displayed provided they have plant clippers in their pack and space/weight available to hold the clippings or reeds.

The greenhouse has four large potion vats. One vat is dedicated to each type of potion: Greater Cure, Greater Poison, Greater Heal and Greater Strength, storing all the potions that gardeners may need for tending plants. Use them as you would normal potion kegs or bottles. They too are instanced and function like bank boxes only they are account bound. Any character on the account can add or remove potions from the vat but can only use or remove as many potions as they have added. They can store up to 1500 potions per account. 3000 potions if a character on the account is a citizen! They are also directly linked to plant boxes eliminating the need to carry potions in your pack while tending plants.

The gardeners of New Magincia thank you, Governor flint, for reading this proposal. We hope the proposal finds it's way to the king. As a final bonus from the Gardeners of New Magincia to their beloved citizens, any peculiar seed grown in the greenhouse will now produce seeds at the rate of one per cycle up to 8 seeds total. We hope to see our town prosper!

Last edited:

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great concept and awesome greenhouse design... Very well done, Gheed!
Did you notice that there is a big empty space in the post between the greenhouse pic and the Getting Started section?

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great concept and awesome greenhouse design... Very well done, Gheed!
Did you notice that there is a big empty space in the post between the greenhouse pic and the Getting Started section?

Thank you for the compliment! I don't see a big space on my browser (chrome), but I edited the post and backspaced everything before the getting started section to the pic. I hope that fixed it.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I see all the pictures just fine Gheed. Thanks for the post! Fantastic​

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I wish to plant trees and stuff.
Do I need to purchase a specific expansion pack to do this in New Magincia?

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, Unless they changed it you don't. Raised flatbeds however demand rustic pack and that you buy the flatbeds, I think this is BS.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you visit the gardeners in new mag and purchase a hoe. you need the hoe to work the ground in public plots. then, you will also need water & pots to care for your public plant.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very well put together plan Mr. Gheed. Don't forget the vats for total refresh and gtr agility potions provided there is enough space. Good to see you sir!