• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New letter April 7 2016 (Negatives in Runic Reforging)

Necron87

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whats new with UO

Thank dear developers for new letter ! )) But i want say about this "Negatives in Runic Reforging matching global loot revamp negatives". To remove negatives in runic reforge good idea,but it would be good if it has concerned only hight runics,with low runics all good and so. And would be desirable,that from remove negatives there was a real advantage,at the moment it doesn't give visible advantages before legendary items ( There is no sufficient power reforging. @Kyronix @Bleak . Thanks

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
theres plenty of power in reforging. mods you cant get like 5hci, 5hci. reforging is a cheap alternative to armor that would be extremely rare as loot. Yes, reforging is outdated for making mage armor, but is still highly viable for dexter armor. again, its a cheap alternative. you can make a reforged piece (minus the resists) for about half the cost of the same piece of loot armor with legendary resists.

If the current reforging negatives were removed, it would just be more power creep and would make hunting for the global loot even less desireable (there is already so much of it that very good pieces of global loot arent even worth looting anymore)

I am all for game consistency, so in an effort to improve those reforge menues in that sense i would just make them cursed or antique instead of the current cannot be repaired / brittle. Even that may too much power, possibly just remove those options entirely.

I know what your getting at, you want reforged brittle to be 255 durability. sorry this would be way too much power for crafting.

CronusVl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
IMHO, brittle items with 255 durability this big mistake. As variant return ephemeral(as intermediate level), and as variant in mage guild for payment 10-25k for item(on special altar) and with powder you can change this on 255 durability and item then will be brittle(if you add properties without powder then it will be brittle too, but with random durability on this item).
It may be alternative for Brittle, also this can get more work for crafters and some part of gold may be remove from game.
But high runics(heartwood, verite-valorite, barbed) for competition with loot need more powerful re-forge(for additional uses) and this fact.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Op has a point. High end runis (at least in blacksmithing) are pretty useless.