• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Item Request: Teleporter Covers... that stay as you set them, every time.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It started with custom houses. :)

When the staff of the time made the ability for us to make custom houses... they kind of "forgot" the fact the smaller houses use ladders vs. stairs... so they we got those with Heritage Tokens, later on.

Some, no matter how big the house, either cant figure out how stairs work in custom designs or they go full teleporters rather then stairs... or ladders. Whatever works best for them.

For me... I really dont like teleporters vs. using stairs or ladders, however teleporters are wonderful for accessing tighter areas where ladders cant fit... or didnt exist at the time. For one, when I designed my mall... it was not 18x18 and I wanted to protect shoppers from the invasion spawn we used to get in the lands... until Malas came. Vendors are INSIDE, not outside... and 1 teleporter will quickly get anyone inside the mall if they cant be bothered to use a door. Its not "clearly" visible by design. I totally love decorating and using plants and items that change with the season... holiday... or just for the fun of it. I guess you could say... you have a group of us who dont care about style... and some that do. ;)

In some cases, like where I didnt want to use massive stairs to go from level 1 to 2... inside, before we had ladders... I went with a built in teleporter. Re-Customizing a house full of rental vendors is so far beyond a pain in the... entire body, its just not worth destroying years of work. For these clear "please use this teleporter" there is no real way to accent them... past maybe a "glowing rune" on top of them... that catches visual interest. Otherwise, I may have a hidden teleporter to go from level 1 to level 4 in a bigger house. OR even in a smaller house, for owner/friends only. Like, in the First Church of Candy... its a CHURCH... with a bell tower. Ladders came around at this point, 2 climb the tower. For me to quickly get upstairs, a teleporter is hidden behind a wall on level 1. Clearly, anyone with circle of transparency can see this. (That and any storage hidden away behind the wall).

So then we get VET Teleporter Pads (12 year). I spent a lot of money getting these because they are so beyond mega-helpful. I dread to think how many I actually own at this point. 6 town buildings are connected by this type teleporter to make loading vendors, working, and general access wonderfully easy on me. Its like having rabbit holes connecting the houses and I flit around doing my work without touching the grass outside. Love it! One of the best items ever brought in to the game. STILL... the trick is... they ARE hidden for a good reason. They can be moved. Like the built-ins, they can be secure. I've also designed a little teleporter hub... like much bigger ones, you can trade access linking entire towns. Those are fully visible, clearly. Plus, the 3rd grouping... takes me to access other friend's houses... for business (mostly). Those are hidden.

I honestly would love some kind of device to HIDE these pads from common view when you have no wall or space where hidden pads would work. Like... I hide them using colored fishing nets... and that works nice. Gaza mats dont seam to work well at all. If you cover them in Champion Flowers... the flowers fall, you always have to fix them. Custom Carpets are the same. If you go a little bigger, it becomes easier to hide them... but that makes more issues. Like scattered hay... what is super hard to find AND at a good price. It still becomes a "slight of hand" situation. The scattered hay can be a nightmare to even find... but you can still clearly see the pad under it.

Now... I'm not really talking about the UO Store teleporters... what are a drag for eating gate scrolls. I dont own any, nor will I. However, if a friend wants access and has only that... I have no issue putting them someplace where he alone can access them... so the scrolls dont get eaten. The VET pads... are a normal boring ole gray color... and when they get disconnected (a pad goes missing from a house falling), they are a dull blue.

I cant help wonder if this was an aspect over-looked by staff/designers. Why cant we have a little glowing rune action built in to the runes... and/or the ability to dye them... like we can dye just about everything else?

I'm very interested to hear what others have worked out to camouflage the teleporter pads. OR put a spotlight on them. :D
[bcolor=transparent]
[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]
Its just funny... I saw that "Magical Wardrobe" the other day... clearly an EM item... and I'd put gold on the fact its an obstacle like any other wardrobe. IF it was big enough to cover the entire 1x1 square… that would be full to use as a teleporter camo. Not that it would help the issue at hand.
[/bcolor]

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It started with custom houses. :)

When the staff of the time made the ability for us to make custom houses... they kind of "forgot" the fact the smaller houses use ladders vs. stairs... so they we got those with Heritage Tokens, later on.

Some, no matter how big the house, either cant figure out how stairs work in custom designs or they go full teleporters rather then stairs... or ladders. Whatever works best for them.

For me... I really dont like teleporters vs. using stairs or ladders, however teleporters are wonderful for accessing tighter areas where ladders cant fit... or didnt exist at the time. For one, when I designed my mall... it was not 18x18 and I wanted to protect shoppers from the invasion spawn we used to get in the lands... until Malas came. Vendors are INSIDE, not outside... and 1 teleporter will quickly get anyone inside the mall if they cant be bothered to use a door. Its not "clearly" visible by design. I totally love decorating and using plants and items that change with the season... holiday... or just for the fun of it. I guess you could say... you have a group of us who dont care about style... and some that do. ;)

In some cases, like where I didnt want to use massive stairs to go from level 1 to 2... inside, before we had ladders... I went with a built in teleporter. Re-Customizing a house full of rental vendors is so far beyond a pain in the... entire body, its just not worth destroying years of work. For these clear "please use this teleporter" there is no real way to accent them... past maybe a "glowing rune" on top of them... that catches visual interest. Otherwise, I may have a hidden teleporter to go from level 1 to level 4 in a bigger house. OR even in a smaller house, for owner/friends only. Like, in the First Church of Candy... its a CHURCH... with a bell tower. Ladders came around at this point, 2 climb the tower. For me to quickly get upstairs, a teleporter is hidden behind a wall on level 1. Clearly, anyone with circle of transparency can see this. (That and any storage hidden away behind the wall).

So then we get VET Teleporter Pads (12 year). I spent a lot of money getting these because they are so beyond mega-helpful. I dread to think how many I actually own at this point. 6 town buildings are connected by this type teleporter to make loading vendors, working, and general access wonderfully easy on me. Its like having rabbit holes connecting the houses and I flit around doing my work without touching the grass outside. Love it! One of the best items ever brought in to the game. STILL... the trick is... they ARE hidden for a good reason. They can be moved. Like the built-ins, they can be secure. I've also designed a little teleporter hub... like much bigger ones, you can trade access linking entire towns. Those are fully visible, clearly. Plus, the 3rd grouping... takes me to access other friend's houses... for business (mostly). Those are hidden.

I honestly would love some kind of device to HIDE these pads from common view when you have no wall or space where hidden pads would work. Like... I hide them using colored fishing nets... and that works nice. Gaza mats dont seam to work well at all. If you cover them in Champion Flowers... the flowers fall, you always have to fix them. Custom Carpets are the same. If you go a little bigger, it becomes easier to hide them... but that makes more issues. Like scattered hay... what is super hard to find AND at a good price. It still becomes a "slight of hand" situation. The scattered hay can be a nightmare to even find... but you can still clearly see the pad under it.

Now... I'm not really talking about the UO Store teleporters... what are a drag for eating gate scrolls. I dont own any, nor will I. However, if a friend wants access and has only that... I have no issue putting them someplace where he alone can access them... so the scrolls dont get eaten. The VET pads... are a normal boring ole gray color... and when they get disconnected (a pad goes missing from a house falling), they are a dull blue.

I cant help wonder if this was an aspect over-looked by staff/designers. Why cant we have a little glowing rune action built in to the runes... and/or the ability to dye them... like we can dye just about everything else?

I'm very interested to hear what others have worked out to camouflage the teleporter pads. OR put a spotlight on them. :D
[bcolor=transparent]
[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]
Its just funny... I saw that "Magical Wardrobe" the other day... clearly an EM item... and I'd put gold on the fact its an obstacle like any other wardrobe. IF it was big enough to cover the entire 1x1 square… that would be full to use as a teleporter camo. Not that it would help the issue at hand.
[/bcolor]
I'd love hunter green TP tiles!

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats the thing. The door should swing both ways. :)

Still, I am very interested to see how others hide them. The one vet pad is being VERY naughty and keeps showing itself.