• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Improved (Hopefully)8x8-How to do it Post

J

Johnnyhotrod1

Bidwell,

Watch what time you are on. Your PH resets at 12:00am local server time. If you are on past 12:00am you are screwing up your PH for the new day. Could also be the reason you are net seeing gains.

J

Joan

[nt] = No Text

Joan
<font color=green>Queen Bee of GOP</font color=green>
<font color=purple>First Lady of It! [Ni!]</font color=purple>

N

Nirces

I'm confirmed that it does work for target based skills (atleast some of them) Got it working for tailoring, Taming (had a friend release 6 tamed lepords on my boat).

Its my thoery that all target based skills only apply if you stand still.

Proud citizen of Europa
Europa Ore Map

Don't argue with Idiots, they bring you down to their level then beat you with experince.

C

Cthulu Ftaghn

I was a skeptic, but I tried it. Last night I went from 62.0 to 72.1 during my power hour casting e-bolt. Would have gone higher if I was smart enough to cast a spell that wouldn't succeed 1/2 the time and make me rebuild mana.

C

Connor_MacCloud

i am gonna try it
i have gotten to 91 through game play only and that has taken me 5 months
so i am gonna try this 8*8 method and if it works i'll use it to GM my other two mages(both around 55 or somthing...........)

You wanted a small sig you got a small sig!!

O

Orlando

I personally use FS right from store-bought magery ( around 35 ) right up until 70. Then I switch to an 8th circle spell, such as EQ, and use that right up to GM.

S

Spoon Man

erm...ok im not a mage, so i have no idea what 8*8 is, so 1. Can you explain and 2. Is there an easy way like that to GM Other Annoying things...

S

seeker_of_wisdom

oh, I did my 4 Mage "related" skills (Mag, Eval, Med, Wrest) WITHOUT this 8x8 thingy. Simply run along the shore on Moonglow and cast "Energy Vortex" onto the water. *g*
Magery will raise like hell! Doing the same on a boat with 8x8 must be like a rocket! *gg*
Eval. Int. will come up to GM with the following spells: Poison, Cure, Curse and Greater Heal. (Summoning the 4 kinds of elementals and the energy vortex' will raise this too)

-&gt; But now the thing comes to musicanship. (Provoking). And I HATE it! -&gt; Therefore I'll use this 8x8 thingy. *evil g* (And maybe a little bit of "Resist Magic" with "Flame Strike", because it doesn't raise anymore (now 72))

Greetings.

I

Ifrit-X

I had a small problem with the 8X8 trick today. I have 96 magery, and i spent my whole power hour looking for the spot to raise magery, and nothing happened. I am casting eq, and nothing. Am I doing something wrong or what? It worked the first two days, as i raised from a 92.6 to a 96.0 in two days, so i thought i had it going until today. It would really help to know, thanks. =)

A Quote made by myself....
"You know you're a good mage, when you kill a newbie with a create food spell!"

O

Orlando

I think you were just unlucky. That first gain is the hard one, often taking 30 mins to find at high skill levels. Most likely you were just unlucky in finding that first gain spot. Try again tomorrow, good luck.

M

Morten (IO)

I had a similar problem for about 2 days but then I found a run that took me from 95.4 to GM in under an hour and a half.

I went to just south of the skara brae docks (trammel) on the mainland side, placed my boat and sailed south from there. I haven't been back since, but maybe that would be worth a try?

<center>
</center>
<center><font color=red>/shared/forum_images/beige/icons/livid.gifMorten, Scribe/Mage, Dark Soul, (DEv) Europa/shared/forum_images/beige/icons/livid.gif</font color=red></center>

I

Ifrit-X

I think I just had a bad day, I tried again today, and raised my magery from a 96 to 98. At this rate, I may gm in a few days. Thanks for you guys help, i'll try that Skara Brae thing too. Thanks =)

A Quote made by myself....
"You know you're a good mage, when you kill a newbie with a create food spell!"

T

T. G. Cid

Well, I think I am going to give this thing a try... No more 8x8 bashing if I gm magery in less than a week... Just need 1.2 anyways ^^

Realizing that liches had become somewhat tougher, and that his internet connection was crappy, Thundergod Cid decided to get some help!
--Thundergod Cid, Master Stoic of Great Lakes

T

Tarapazu

I love the 8x8... Don't get me wrong... I'm not knocking it... But it does take away from 1 thing. Learning the actual skill of battle. You get to GM, but many people don't know how to use it....

Personally, that's why I like it... New GM brags hey I'm a GM mage... cool. Let's dual. Soon it's OOOOooooOOO for him.

People, please take the time to learn how to use the skill before,during,after you GM it. Just being GM means very little in comparison.

D

Divy

bah..I would rather learn to drive in a Mercedes than a Hyundai.
It is part of the game. Hate it or not, use it or not, it is there for all to use if they want to. Why knock others...take responsibility for yourselves. (not directed at all of course)

Divy

"I have great faith in fools; My friends call it self-confidence." --Edgar Allen Poe

R

RubySoho

My current magery skill is 98.2 and, i didn't gained magery in my 2 last power hour.. But i have gained eval int..

Why my magery dont want to raise?
Thansk

L

Lord Grizemtoe

Where is meditation supposed to fit into this, like if i meditate to regain mana will it screw up my magery gains?

K

Kofu

dont active meditate just passive it will gain faster that way.

<font color=red><center>Kofu son of Scar, Miss Steel and Rhianon owners and suppliers of the Pot Shop (Vesper Fel) Europa</center></font color=red>
<font color=blue>Moderator on Europa, Wakoku, Mages, Scribes, Miners and Tinker forum for Stratics.</font color=blue>

Z

Zhamet

Greetings

A very nice post , Scar, just a few things:

I have three chars that are near GM and I used a EQ scroll on all 3 to get from 0 to 64-65 in skill in a little over 30 min, first time they actually cast the spell, change to casting FS on a boat using 8*8 until succesful casting is 1/4 of times cast, this is about 75-76 in skill, efter this to GM casting EQ from boat using 8*8.

This is just my observations and may not work at all on any other char but it certainly works for me, I have used 2PH to get to 92.7 Magery...

....eventually everything dies....
....that usually includes meeting me....

C

Calista-Inez

Ok, I know the downloaded UOAM doesnt come with the grid thing.
I have the grid bitmap, how do I get it to work? I've placed the bmp in the UOAM folder but it's still not showing any grid lines, red or white. X-Ray view looks exactly like regular view.

Can anyone help?
Thanks!

K

Kofu

no help on gridtings here as it is now considered an exploit

besides you do not need the grid to get 8x8 to work.

<font color=red><center>Kofu son of Scar, Miss Steel and Rhianon owners and suppliers of the Pot Shop (Vesper Fel) Europa</center></font color=red>
<font color=blue>Moderator on Europa, Wakoku, Mages, Scribes, Miners and Tinker forum for Stratics.</font color=blue>

L

Lucas

Can someone post a picture to where i need stay in boat to up the skills?
please

Lucas

J

jphutch

I dont know, maybe I'm lost

I downloaded uoam and think ive got it working right, except i dont see any grid squares (red or white)

I need them to find the center of the first resource square right, if not please explain.

A

arbi

Thnx for an easy understanding of the 8x8 trick, but i'm new to this stuff, i've just downloaded uoam & i cant seem to figure out how to get it to show the resource spots
can u pls tell me how

K

Kofu

RESOURCESPOTS CANNOT BE FOUND ANYMORE AS THE TOOL NEEDED IS NOT APPROVED AND SO CONSIDERED AN EXPLOIT. Just go forward till you get a gain and after that go 8 forward for next and etc etc

you do not need the map to 8x8

V

VisionNapa

That was a great post on 8x8 but I still always have one problem. Whenever I find my run I get the gain then go north 8 times and cast again after stopping I get another gain. Then I go north another 8 times and stop then cast and no gain. I've done this about 10 times and can never get a 3rd gain. Every single time I find my run I end up getting .2 and can never gain .3 after I go another 8 times in the same direction I have been going. I am absolutely positive I am going 8 times too because I dont say Forward i say forward one 8x and nothing gains. I cast 3 times even 5 times once on the 3rd spot and nothing works. Is it because on my 3rd gain I usually need to meditate to cast again and my run disappears or something? If so how can I avoid that? Thanks

L

leader

How does it work on land? Is it 8 footsteps? 8 screens? I am confused!

M

MARAMELE

I dont quite understand?? Either I dont have the right UOAM or i dont know how to use it... I cant find any resorce grids any where??? what do i need to do to get it?? or find it??I got UOAM but no grids at 2x or any other??

J

John Shaw Foster

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. The resource square files are considered an exploit and will only get you banned from the game for good. In other words, If you use it you won't gain crap, cause you wont have an account to log into. In other words. They will kick you out of Ultima Online for using the damn resource grid.

If you still don't understand, DON'T USE THE DAMN GRID, IT WILL GET YOU KICKED OFF OF ULTIMA ONLINE!!!!

Please read some of the posts in the thread before replying to the last post. If at the very least, read the posts left by the guys with the BLUE NAMES. I think they know what they are talking about (most of the time, anyway).

M

Merjuk

Ok. I'd like to state, I have not read anyone elses posts (probably cause there are 81,) i've only read the main one on the subject. And here is my opinon and all my mage friends opions. We all know how to use 8x8. We will NEVER show anyone. No matter who says what 8x8 IS A CHEAT. Anthing that makes you have GM magery in under 2 weeks is a cheat or you play 24/7 for 2 weeks straight. 8x8 is not a "maximixing game resources whateva" it is a in-game full-fledged cheat that should have been removed and should be removed and probably will in 3rd Dawn. Anyone who wants to GM magery, DONT' USE THIS IS YOU BELIEVE IN THE PLAYING THE GAME FOR REAL AND NOT CHEATING. Go raise your magery the old-fashioned way. This game was much better when GMing magery took months and not everyone and their brother had 6x GM mages, smiths, and 7x GM warriors. My first GM smith took 9 months (3 years ago). And it ACTUALLY MEANT SOMETHING THEN. You can GM smithing in 3 weeks now. And you can GM magery in 5 days. PPFHT!! It takes the challenge of the game away. GO RAISE MAGERY FIGHTING MONSTERS AND MAKE IT WORTHWHILE WHEN YOU FINALLY GET IT. As i said before, I apologize if 50 of those 81 posts are to the same thing I have said. If they aren't then IT'S ABOUT TIME SOMEONE SAID IT. I'm done.

Merjuk
CoM Forever!

"And then I woke up....."

S

Siocnarf

Where did you find your grid 8X8? I'm looking on UOAM and the author said OSI requested to not include it???

Field Marshall Siocnarf of NIM
Kathryn Janeway, Alchimist, Scribe

T

T. G. Cid

This is to the person who posted above me.

You sir, are an idiot. There are several posts above detailing why you cannot use that grid map. But if you use it, you will be banned. I'm sure any competent fellow would have at least read a few posts in this thread.

w3 4r3 n0t idi0t5, w3 c4n r34d, rit3?

Realizing that liches had become somewhat tougher, and that his internet connection was crappy, Thundergod Cid decided to get some help!
--Thundergod Cid, Master Stoic of Great Lakes

S

Siocnarf

Who teach you how to be polite?
Who are you to insult people without knowing them?
You judge me only from a simple question, I asked.
Sir, you have no merit. Return to school and learn, how to speak to people. No, I do not think being an idiot. But I think you have no merit.

I do not salute you.

M

Merjuk

Sio he had every reason to say that to you. If you read at all like 30 people asked where to get the grid and 30 more replied DON'T GET THE GRID YOU WILL GET BANNED. If you either didn't read that or did read it and ignored it either way you deserved what you got.

Merjuk
CoM Forever!

"And then one day I woke up..."

S

Siocnarf

It is a forum for discussion not insult. I do not want to do something to get ban but we can discuss without insult. If someone insult me this is because he lacks of intelligence.

D

DarthVego

if any1 wants a pic of proof of 8*8 ask me by pm, i got a pic of em doing 8*8 and getting a 0.4% gain in the 70's+, im at 90 now and im getting stuck any help from u ppl

M

MrBlacksmith

i made a fun macro for unattended 8x8 macro for Evaluating int:
(used uoassist off course)

wait for mana 20
forward one
forward one
forward one
forward one
forward one
forward one
forward one
forward one
Cast poison
target tillerman
timeout 2000

works for me...less change for a good run spot....but it's unattended! ;-)

D

Derrien

hi i'm
gm magery
gm med
but i'm not gaining eval int . i've tried dieing and so on. my skill is 93,9 now. so what should i try??????
please help . i'm not gaining eval int since about 3 weeks

Europa

N

Nkvipor

I know this is the Mage forum and I'm not supposed to ask questions about Barding, but I'm desperate. I have been trying to use the 8X8 for peacemaking for 3 days now and I have failed to EVER get even a .1 gain. I am currently at 92.5 and not gaining anymore. HELP!! I have hiding macro on my spacebar and Hiding gains like crazy when I'm typing stuff like "left one" and so on. I cannot get the 8X8 to work!! I have a couple of questions:

1st: Does the 8X8 still work?

2nd: If it does, will someone explain it or even better, perhaps even take me out and show me how they do it personally?.(I have read about it seen pics and even tried it forever myself)

I realize that that it may be asking alot, but I would be grateful and perhaps I could even help you out somehow(I dont know how at the moment, but I'm willing)

thx alot I appreciate it.

BTW- I am on the Atlantic Shard and my ICQ# is: 99862438