• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New idea?

Merth

Journeyman
I havent seen any posts on this but was wondering if its ever been brought up.

What does everyone think about putting in a pet breeding system?

Would only apply to animals that can be tamed.

The systems are basically already there with the botany program.

Breeding results could be combinations of the two parents. Giving new color variations or better resists etc.

Just curious if its been discussed before and general thoughts.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I havent seen any posts on this but was wondering if its ever been brought up.

What does everyone think about putting in a pet breeding system?

Would only apply to animals that can be tamed.

The systems are basically already there with the botany program.

Breeding results could be combinations of the two parents. Giving new color variations or better resists etc.

Just curious if its been discussed before and general thoughts.
Love it!

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'd love to see what a chicken and shadow wyrm would make haha

Merth

Journeyman
I'd love to see what a chicken and shadow wyrm would make haha
Lol ya and a cross like that would be very rare so would take a lot of attempts and be costly...whereas a dragon/wyrm cross would be fairly easy and less costly. At least in my brain thats how i would do it.

Merth

Journeyman
Could have penalties for miscrosses or fails like one or both animals go wild and attack breeder lol

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Possibly can go off herding skill making that skill more useful
While I don't have a tamer I really like this idea! I would think that Taming and Herding would be needed - based on todays skills. Taming to get them to even "breed" and herding to get them "together"?

Or introduce a new skill - Animal Husbandry - just like RL. There's the breeding ability and only a level of Taming is needed to control the animals.

QUESTION: What happens if you have insufficient stable slots for the animals being bred AND the offspring? Or could there be a "kennel" that would allow breeding outside of stable caps?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
QUESTION: What happens if you have insufficient stable slots for the animals being bred AND the offspring? Or could there be a "kennel" that would allow breeding outside of stable caps?
Yes like the coops. A new craftable. We could get "seeds" from the pets and plant them like plants. Have to care for them each day or something "bad" happens. Then a new pet can be removed. I've heard talk of breeding with pets in general chat.

Merth

Journeyman
Yes like the coops. A new craftable. We could get "seeds" from the pets and plant them like plants. Have to care for them each day or something "bad" happens. Then a new pet can be removed. I've heard talk of breeding with pets in general chat.
This! Exactly how I was thinking it could happen but also with the negatives that could happen during the mating part as well.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ha unless they were to implement it! Then you would be all over it like white on rice. By the way told ya i would catch up to you with a gift :)
Yes you did. Thanks :)

Just have Embryo Chambers to hold our bred Cu Sidhe / Hiryu embryos.

upload_2019-2-1_16-35-51.png

We can fight against Unicorn / Dragons.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'd love limpy pets and disfigured artwork for over bred pets. Maybe even have them go insane.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Nice idea! Cross a Wyrm and a Dragon to get .... <wait for it!> ...

a wagon!
Nope! Get an egg, that would drop on your pack after a few days, then that needs be placed in a hatcher for 1 week, then surprise, a different creature. Nice thought.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And the cockatrice part has a "turn opponent to stone" special. The shadow part has Necro spells and magery spells, and tends to cast corpse skin, and then nasty fire spells..
Plus it taste good when battered and deep fried.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
And the cockatrice part has a "turn opponent to stone" special. The shadow part has Necro spells and magery spells, and tends to cast corpse skin, and then nasty fire spells..
And these pets, can come with overcaps, randomly but also partially affected by overcaps of their parents?
You should be able to crossbreed genetically similar pets though. Like draconians with draconians, dogs with dogs or wolf species types, bird types with bird types, i.e. Hiryus with Skree. Also if the parents were rideable, the product should be rideable, etc. Cool stuff. **and then I woke up**:)

Merth

Journeyman
And these pets, can come with overcaps, randomly but also partially affected by overcaps of their parents?
You should be able to crossbreed genetically similar pets though. Like draconians with draconians, dogs with dogs or wolf species types, bird types with bird types, i.e. Hiryus with Skree. Also if the parents were rideable, the product should be rideable, etc. Cool stuff. **and then I woke up**:)
I know right?