• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Idea for Pets : Selective Spells

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So all us tamers, we have been there. You want to use a magic using pet and...it uses all these super bad spells early and wastes all their mana. So, while considering this, I had an idea.

What if we could actually have a way to choose which spells our pets know?

For this idea: I give you the following idea. It requires a new gift for Scribes out there, so that'd be nice.

When you train a pet in Magery Mastery, Necromage, Spellweaving etc (any magic school that has scrolls) it will wipe their for lack of a better term, spellbook, clear. At this point, they have no available spells to cast. Now, you would be able to have the ability to put whatever spells you want them to have. And they can ONLY use those spells. For this...Scribes come into play.

Scribes gain the ability to craft Pet Spell Scrolls. This would take, for example. 15 Energy Bolt Scrolls + Something else maybe to create 1 Pet Energy Bolt. (Working name)

With this vague idea (its midnight afterall, sue me) we could do the following:

I train a pet into Magery Master.

I buy the Pet Spell Scrolls Energy Bolt, Flamestrike, Heal, Cure and Poison.

Now my pet will only be able to use those specific spells. No more wasting mana and time on spells I dont want it casting at all.

Its just an early idea, but I think it would give more diversity to pets. Thoughts?

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So all us tamers, we have been there. You want to use a magic using pet and...it uses all these super bad spells early and wastes all their mana. So, while considering this, I had an idea.

For this idea: I give you the following idea. It requires a new gift for Scribes out there, so that'd be nice.

When you train a pet in Magery Mastery, Necromage, Spellweaving etc (any magic school that has scrolls) it will wipe their for lack of a better term, spellbook, clear. At this point, they have no available spells to cast. Now, you would be able to have the ability to put whatever spells you want them to have. And they can ONLY use those spells. For this...Scribes come into play.

Scribes gain the ability to craft Pet Spell Scrolls. This would take, for example. 15 Energy Bolt Scrolls + Something else maybe to create 1 Pet Energy Bolt. (Working name)

With this vague idea (its midnight afterall, sue me) we could do the following:

I train a pet into Magery Master.

I buy the Pet Spell Scrolls Energy Bolt, Flamestrike, Heal, Cure and Poison.

Now my pet will only be able to use those specific spells. No more wasting mana and time on spells I dont want it casting at all.

Its just an early idea, but I think it would give more diversity to pets. Thoughts?
Sounds good to me too. Sometimes the pet AI drives me nuts, casting all worthless spells. Nothing worse than a pet that just sits there and does nothing. On WoW you can pick pets specials etc... I'd love a system like that.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Wonder how hard that would be to implement.

I could see 100 to activate the skill, then 20 per spell to invest. I really like the idea tho.

Nereus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe a spell array toggle with three settings would suffice:
Array1 = Offensive
Array2 = Balanced (Default)
Array3 = Defensive​

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
While I don't have a ramer, this is really good! My scribe would be glad to supply whatever the tamers on LA need.