• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New House - Mind Blown

Windarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I just returned to UO after another long absence. While I understand that the population is a shadow of what it once was, I’m blown away that I was able to place a large marble house right next to the road, east of Britain, within a screen of town guard protection.

I remember the night Trammel opened and everything crashed with the housing rush. Tonight I just walked up and placed a large house in what used to be a prime location. We need more players!

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There is also a lot more land masses than there was back when Trammel housing opened. I'm not sure which shard you play on, but Tokuno, Malas, Ter Mur, Felucca, Trammel. Also back when Trammel was opened for housing people could place 1 house per shard. Also much of Felucca back then was filled with grandfathered houses, people could have up to 5 houses per account, per shard.

Not saying the game couldnt use more players, just saying things were much different back then.

Windarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
There is also a lot more land masses than there was back when Trammel housing opened. I'm not sure which shard you play on, but Tokuno, Malas, Ter Mur, Felucca, Trammel. Also back when Trammel was opened for housing people could place 1 house per shard. Also much of Felucca back then was filled with grandfathered houses, people could have up to 5 houses per account, per shard.

Not saying the game couldnt use more players, just saying things were much different back then.
I understand all that. It was just amazing to me how easy it was to place a large house in such a prime location. I remember the Trammel launch and how much I flipped out in anger when it crashed and I logged back in and had missed the boat entirely on my chosen spot and anything near it. Now it’s a ghost town. It’s sad.

Last edited:

croy6325

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I understand all that. It was just amazing to me how easy it was to place a large house in such a prime location. I remember the Trammel launch and how much I flipped out in anger when I logged back in and had missed the boat entirely. Now it’s a ghost town. It’s sad.
Sounds like you should play Atlantic then. Atlantic is very populated and thriving. easily the closest thing to pre-trammel. You def won't find a prime spot like that without paying for it