• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Halloween Dungeon

Philly

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So I would like to have some of the new deco from turns in dropped by killing the spawn in the New Halloween Dungeon. But I have came across the same problem I did 3 years ago in Doom Halloween Event. A person using 5 accounts, multi boxing. stands in the middle of the room and kills everything before anyone else. One person there was even asking to buy some of the artifact drops from them. why? because no one else can get any. I tried my tamer then my mage then my Sampire. Cant win with this mutliboxer that auto shoots everything in less than one second. I don.t know if this is illegal in game but NO ONE else can have any fun at all. Its a game for one for Halloween. Is this illegal gaming? Or no one cares? concerned player that would like to play and watched lots of others leave as soon as they showed up.... =[

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What shard are you on?

Soon you can report Multiboxers... probably by next Oct... this will be illegal.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To be honest, i don't think anyone appart from the Spellweaver is having any "fun" with this event.....
11 days in and i've been in there 2-3 hours every night.....i have 32 points collected, I may just be able to get 1 reward from the list this year......if i'm lucky.
Fun.....yes....not the word i was thinking of ;)

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
My husband and I went a few times when it started, not been back since, it was a good idea but badly implemented. I know what you mean about it not being fun. :(
However some other people are there every day, so they must be getting something out of it...

Philly

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
What shard are you on?

Soon you can report Multiboxers... probably by next Oct... this will be illegal.
I'm on the Atlantic Shard and this same person sis this years ago on the Doom Halloween month. Its like no one else gets to play.

Philly

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
To be honest, i don't think anyone appart from the Spellweaver is having any "fun" with this event.....
11 days in and i've been in there 2-3 hours every night.....i have 32 points collected, I may just be able to get 1 reward from the list this year......if i'm lucky.
Fun.....yes....not the word i was thinking of ;)
Only one person is having fun on Atlantic

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Im getting drops but im on a weaver doing it. Ive encountered this multiboxer several times. So far the only one ive seen is playing a necro doing mass withers. She doesnt affect my drop rate hardly at all. I precast wildfire and wait for the pop then just drop it on the spot. So far ive only been doing this sporadically but have well over 200 drops.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Biggest problem is it is confined to one room at a time. A mage dropping EVs and timing earthquakes just right can do OK but the EQ has to pretty much go off right as new stuff spawns. But yeah this has been a dungeon for a very few to enjoy on most shards. Would have been more fair and better to have done all of ilsh like TOT for this and the dungeon and bosses for some title or spec drop. Since there is zero incentive to kill the room bosses unless a shot at a paragon chest from some of the bosses can be considered incentive. Once a room has more than 5 people I am gone the drops go from decent to very few. I can't imagine this being even remotely fun or worthwhile on a high pop shard.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Since the developers specifically said multiboxing will "become" illegal when Endless Journey comes out... this is actually completely allowed for the time being it seems.

(I truly never thought I would see the day where I had to say multiboxing and preventing others from participating in content is allowed.....but here we are)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
We should be able to report them and have them removed NOW! It shouldn't be okay for a minority to spoil the enjoyment of other PAYING players. Makes my blood boil...:mad:
Does me too... but not much we can do about it now...

However there is a rainbow at the end... Finally.

I use a mystic/Weaver use the tree or my RC cast thunderstorm every 7 seconds or as someone else suggest you can precast and hit mobs etc when they spawn... however I STRONGLY suggest if you do that to use the EC or cast something like Wildfire on YOURSELF... since getting a bar in the CC is or would be an effort in futility...

If they are just withering in some rooms that works great in others not so much. I've noticed some using earthquake but that and wildfire IMO take too much mana... hence my using thunderstorm... low mana good area of effect decent damage.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You should be able to report them now - getting anything done, on the other hand....

I must be exceptionally lucky, by those standards being listed for the people having to fight the boxers.

Using mostly Mystic (RCs and nether vortex, with a little magery and weaving mixed in - I rarely use reaper or wildfire, because I forget to get a focus) on a single character, I've gotten 70 items so far - and that's with my shard's dungeon NOT WORKING AT ALL FOR A WEEK. I average 15-20 items a day, from just 2-3 hours a day when it's active.

Half the problem might be multi-boxers - the other half is taking the wrong character template into the dungeon.

You want drops? Use uncontrolled summons (RCs, EVs, Blade Spirits, Nature's Fury, etc.) and pre-cast AOE spells that you target in the AREA of the targets the second they spawn (pick one area, even if it only has stuff in it 1/3 the time). The summons will target quicker than the multi-boxer, and a pre-cast AOE requiring just the click to go off is more likely to hit a fresh spawn than a spammed one. This is not an event for dexxers or tamers with non-AoE pets.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Mystic mage weaver.

High SDI.

Cast EVs, Wildfire, Essence of Wind, Thunderstrike .

Regenerate mana as necessary.

Do that and you'll be fine. A few of the small rooms are a pain in the butt... So is the fairy... but not impossible by any means

Morgana Grim

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also on Atlantic. Not having any fun with it, so I'm just doing it casually hoping to get only one title. I've been a few times and have gotten 11 only. The pixie thing is just hateful for a mage with the calming. I didn't want to take my dragon in there because the space is to confined. If they would just let all the rooms run at the same time, it might help to spread people out a bit.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This isn't even multi-boxing... Nothing the original post said indicates multi-boxing other than they said multi-boxing. There are other explanations including multi-client or more nefarious scripting.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I will say the biggest problem I'm seeing lately is that it seems about 50% of the Nightmare Fairies that spawn are paragon. The chance of a paragon Nightmare Fairy spawning should be rare, but seems like it happens atleast every other time. This usually slows down the whole cycle in a major way. Especially if it outside of popular time, I've seen paragon fairy stay up for 2-3 hours. It's just too much.

Morgana Grim

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mystic mage weaver.

High SDI.

Cast EVs, Wildfire, Essence of Wind, Thunderstrike .

Regenerate mana as necessary.

Do that and you'll be fine. A few of the small rooms are a pain in the butt... So is the fairy... but not impossible by any means

I think that is why I'm not having that much fun with it...casting EV's over and over and over with the occasional energy bolt mixed in waiting for the drop. Then go to the next room, rinse and repeat. It's monotonous and boring. Not to mention the room filled with fields makes it even more difficult to view. All to try to get a title for two of my chars. Can't even imagine if i was trying to collect a set of everything!! *sighs*

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Can't even imagine if i was trying to collect a set of everything!! *sighs*
Yeah, I wanted a full set, but I'm probably going to give up on the titles at this point. I have the boots and ring from past events. Already got a few of the Jawbones, so now just going to grab those other Halloweenie-related items.

Also depends on if they extend it or not, and by how long.

Velner

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
The solution to this problem is simple. Come to Siege Perilous. You will never find yourself too crowded in the dungeon for very long. Our economy is vibrant yet gold is still worth looting off of corpses. And any person caught scripting is blackballed by the community. Everybody wins!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Those of us on smaller shards tend to know each other better, and we socialize through idle chatter onscreen and in chat during slow spots in the spawn.

And, when you've only got 2-4 people working the event, it gets a lot more exciting - especially when you get things like paragon blood foxes and paragon balrons spawn.

Velner

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Basara:

That's how it is on Siege. And aside from the excitement of dealing with a Paragon Balron, we also get to deal with PKs! Fun!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Basara:

That's how it is on Siege. And aside from the excitement of dealing with a Paragon Balron, we also get to deal with PKs! Fun!
You just explained why the vast majority of people won't play on Siege, they can't stomach dying on prodo where they lose nothing... What makes you think they would ever play on Siege where they can lose a whole junk suit and pack full of hoarder garbage :)

Morgana Grim

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The solution to this problem is simple. Come to Siege Perilous. You will never find yourself too crowded in the dungeon for very long. Our economy is vibrant yet gold is still worth looting off of corpses. And any person caught scripting is blackballed by the community. Everybody wins!
I played on Siege may years ago when there was a much larger player base there.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just wondering, whatever happened to @FrejaSP who always used to advertise Siege? Hasn't it been ages since she posted?

Velner

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Yadd:

I'm fairly new to Siege, but I did see her online a few days ago. She sold me some cooked fishsteaks!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah Freja is still around just been extremely quiet of late and doesn't seem to be on as much :)