• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] New Garg Arties Need Armor Pieces with DCI

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I spent last night trying to work up a suit using Excel for a future gargoyle sampire character. I scoured the list of SA arties and came to a realization; there are no Gargoyle Armor pieces with DCI. This creates a problem trying to max DCI at 45. There are only two setups I could devise:

- Ring (imbued): 15 DCI
- Bracelet (imbued): 15 DCI
- Converted Quiver of Infinity: 5 DCI
- Conjurer's Garb: 5 DCI
- Tangle: 5 DCI

or

- Ring (imbued): 15 DCI
- Bracelet (imbued): 15 DCI
- Converted Quiver of Infinity: 5 DCI
- Slither: 10 DCI
NOTE: This setup will not let you use a Primer on Arms or Conjurer's Trinket

There are lots of shields and wepons with DCI, but a character with bushido cannot use a shield and none of the weapons have SSI, HML, and HSL (which I consider requirements for this sort of character). With both of the above mentioned DCI setups it is going to take some time to obtain those pieces at the current drop rate. What is missing in the artie lineup (which has some awesome pieces) is some armor for gargoyles with DCI on it. It would be nice if we could have a Fey Leggings equivalent (or be able to modify fey leggings). That was a UOML Minor Artificat and would be a welcome addition to the current SA arties set. Anyways, that is my feedback to the developers... please give a us a future garg armor piece with DCI.

-OBSIDIAN-

P.S. If anyone has found a better way to max garg DCI at 45 I'd appreciate hearing what items you are using. Thanks!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I believe they are still working on making more items convertible to gargs especialy arties! but for now I do agree gargs in general need work

S

Stupid Miner

... Folded Steel Glasses.
Faction folded steel for an obscene amount of DCI.

Plenty of DCI if you use a shield. Being a bushido practitioner doesn't render one incapable of using a shield... merely parrying with one, which is inessential anyway, apparently.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ah, thank you, Miner. I had forgotten about those glasses. Let me see if I can work that into the plan. That solves the night sight issue too.

-OBSIDIAN-

Saint of Killers

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't even wear converted folded steel glasses, or a converted ranger's cloak. I crash every time I log on with those items.