• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Front Page Poll.

G

I said I would post a poll on the tuning of Mystic Trees, that Keep it Real and Jackiee asked for....but when I went to re-read the 10 pages of that thread for the many suggestions it contained, it gave me a headache....and a vague longing, for long walk off a short pier into a deep ocean.....

So to KIR and Jackiee...if you wish to glean the suggestions from that thread (along with the cries of 'favoritism', if you miss any), and write up a poll, I will be *more* than delighted to post it for you.

I did include a slight mention of the tree in a much-easier-to-write poll for the Front Page.

Since the periodic poll is limited to a single item vote, I am reproducing it here, and giving multiple choices. To see more of the discussion these suggestions came from, follow this link.

G

I find it interesting that you completely missed speeding up skilling as a choice.

It wouldn't be so mind numbingly boring if it didn't feel like it takes forever and a day.

G

haha I wouldn't revisit that thread... most of my posts involved were me being facetious

Now to vote....

G

I think the devs should increase the maximum amount of skills possible, as well as add interactive methods of skilling, integrate it into daily activities, and make money objects double as skill objects too (though not at the same rate).

To me the problem isnt the total number of points. I'd like that to go up. The problem is that skilling is boring. Make it more fun, and I'm sure people won't mind the extra skill points - especially with the added rewards gained from additional points.

F

frogger2

I really like the ideal of only the owner of tree getting a skill point that I believe will kill those pisky tree farms. another thing for trees I didnt see make trees and other rares non trade or non sell only true 1`2 3 4 5 yr old players should have a rare, thats what makes them special lol. Im a 5 yr player I believe in playing the game right newbies should earn the rares by staying on not by buying sim bucks from ea store and stocking thier homes with rares lol. Frogger of AV Prime EA of BF Sim of EJ and of course frogger of TC3 and for now Frogger of EALAND.

I

imported_SimTripps

<blockquote><hr>

I find it interesting that you completely missed speeding up skilling as a choice.
It wouldn't be so mind numbingly boring if it didn't feel like it takes forever and a day.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL Cntry! My thoughts exactly - skilling speed needs to speed up, and decay should be half of what it takes to gain...

<u>A few comments on the categories</u> - 'cuz we're having a snow storm here and I'm bored at work lol...

Change number of total skill points.
Dear Lord, no! As if 20.99 isn't enough?

Change number of skill locks.
Account age = # of skill locks. I adore this idea! Devs! Give us long-timers a break, will ya? lol....

Change skill decay.
Yes - SLOWER! Half to a 1/4 it takes to gain them. Maybe eliminate decay all together, and only have decay while doing certain activities, like making money, etc.

Integrate skilling into everyday activities.
Good idea - that way we're still gaining skill points, say, by pile driving or serenading each other lol...

Create more interactive skill mini-games, like War Table or a real chess game.
Maybe.. but enough interaction goes on on skill lots already, but it would sure cut down afk skilling lol

Gain skill on money objects.
Sure - I learn something new on the job every day in r.l. lol..

Expand skills with new categories, like cleaning, building or gardening.
They would also need to create new jobs/money objects based on these new skills.. or what's the point in having them?

Have trivia questions during skilling activities.
Already being done by lot owners/roomies.. unless it's a global trivia question from Parizad lol

Have random rewards during skilling.
Random contests are already being done by lot owners/roomies, so not really necessary...

Improve teaching speed and effectiveness.
Yes!!! And reduce the time it takes to go RED while teaching/learning!!

Sell skill points via an EA Mystic Tree Farm.
It would sure drain the economy, which is probably what they want.. But why make it o.k. for EA to do this and not the humble tree farmer? Doesn't sound very democratic..

Eliminate skill gain from Mystic Trees, except for tree owner.
Only if trees were un-sellable, because I could sell my trees to my other sims to eat the fruit...

Create Skilling activities for groups.
This is pretty much the same as Create more interactive skill mini-games, like War Table or a real chess game. Maybe include that these activities/skill objects have less motive decay, especially social, fun, etc.

Eliminate skilling completely.
No, because skilling gives us goals and a purpose, and it's a great way to meet people..

Too many choices, I can't decide.
I've typed too much - I'm going to shut up now lol..

Skilling does not need improving.
There's always room for improvement, for EVERYTHING! lol..

G

Great post.

For anyone that missed it in the "Brainstorming" thread, I have synopsised the polls and brainstorming into a Wiki Design Page.

Improved Skilling Suggestions

It would be great if everyone could add suggestions to that discussion page.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

But there's a flip side to that too.....it would also be less challenging, resulting in goals being accomplished sooner, and especially if decay is slower, I foresee players getting bored quicker, once they have reached their goals of having all the skills and money that they want. So you have to balance it out and not make things *too* easy, just like you don't want it to be too hard.

I tried to vote in the poll on the front page, btw, and got a message that said something about an error in a "what" field, or something like that. Strange, have been able to vote before with no problems. I think it would be wonderful if skilling was more interactive, as in a greater advantage to teaching/being taught, though as I said before I don't think the current system should be done away with because alot of people do use skilling time to take care of their RL responsibilities, and would be highly upset if that opportunity no longer existed, resulting in them not being able to be logged in as much, and therefore not getting as much *use* out of their $10 a month. When people feel like they're not getting their money's worth of something, they discontinue the service.....which we don't need happening any more than it has, we need movement in the opposite direction.

I

imported_Qute Pi

I think if quests are ever introduced; skill gain would be a good reward for completing them.

G

Excuse me, but I don't see getting skilling over and done with a problem. I don't consider it a challenge, it's just something that must be done, like a job, like earning money, they are not the kind of challenges that makes the game fun for me. I am much happier in game when I can play and not worry about needing to skill or needing to make money for that matter. I totally hate skilling and would be happy to never need do it again. Some may enjoy sitting at a skill lot watching their sim read a book or play a piano, but I do not. If you are one of those who do, well more power to ya, skill houses need people to visit them daily, I don't plan on being one of those people though.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

I tried to vote in the poll on the front page, btw, and got a message that said something about an error in a "what" field, or something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone gets that error (I think). Hit the back button and the second time will be the charm.

Gilly set it that way as a joke.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think if quests are ever introduced; skill gain would be a good reward for completing them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great idea. Most other games out there do this. Although, most of them call it XP(experience points) rather than skills. Normally those are grouped into one massive collection. I think have quests pertain to certain skills would be interesting.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Great idea. Most other games out there do this. Although, most of them call it XP(experience points) rather than skills. Normally those are grouped into one massive collection. I think have quests pertain to certain skills would be interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love this.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, but I gotta ask - what kind of "quests" would be appropriate for ESO?
Hunt down Gracie and see if you can make her say something negative about the game?

Sorry, Gracie - just kidding.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hunt down Gracie and see if you can make her say something negative about the game?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I was thinking of a "how many lots can you report an hour for botting" type of quest.

Kidding.

By no means am I nearly even close to creative enough to think up actual fun scenarios, but I would think it'd be along the lines of current job tracks (except possibly a lot more involved a lot less repetitious and a lot more options) that would be our quests/tasks/missions.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Well to start small...
Make an ea ran starting point that allows us to pick the quest/mission we want to start...? lol i dont know...just kinda throwing out ideas here...

-Clean 25 toilets in "specific city" get .50 body point.
-Visit a property of each category for 10 minutes each and get 1 logic point. Must complete within 2 hours? lol.
-Hug 20 sims and get 1 charisma point.
-Eat 20 "strawberry" ice cream cones and get 1 cooking point.
-Upload 1 new custom content item for .10 points in creativity.
-Fix 10 items without dying and get .50 points in mech.
-Buy money from an atm and get .10 logic points. lol
-Shove 5 sims and get .10 body points...(not responsible for pile drives you receive in return) hehe. :p

Or go with longer quests/missions...multiple goals, more skill points lol.

G

Quests and tasks is one of the things I'm most excited about. We've had this on the wiki for some time now and Greg is most interested in how it can be implemented. I know some of you dont feel wiki capable but I would love it if you would add thoughts and ideas to the article. You can find Gregs comments on the discussion page of this link: Quests/Missions/Tasks.

I

imported_Qute Pi

Thanks

I added some stuff, although I have no idea how easy or hard any of it would be to implement.

Also anyone feel free to add to it! lol...