• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Front Page Poll.....

G

Since I first started playing in beta, my computer set up has changed several times....I started out on dial-up, with Windows 98 and 256 memory, and I was not in the majority, but not that unusual, either. Now I have DSL, XP, 1 GB of memory and feel antiquated.

With all of the recent technical difficulties, I got to wondering what everyone has on their computers, these days, compared to five years ago......so there is a simple poll on the Front Page ....and larger one here, but feel free to go into further detail.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Ok I confess. I answered two cans and a string because you didn't offer my choice. I connect to internet using highspeed Fios.

G

LOL....sorry Gracie....I am limited by my own knowledge...or lack there of.......

I don't know anything about "highspeed Fios".....

Told ya' I was feeling antiquated!

I

imported_Gracie Nito

It's a fiber optic phone line. So, the two cans and a string sounded close enough

P

Peppie

I miss two answers ..

I dont use a antvir since im on a mac lol

internet brwoser .. safari?

G

I tried vista and since most things still hve compatability issues I've reverted back to XP and considers vista as microsofts 2nd version of windows millenium which was terrible.

I'm with Gracie I too choose 2 cans and a string, but use verizon Fios and trust me thee is NOTHING that can compare to the speed of FIOS.

S

Suzi Q

Why does everyone seem to complain about vista? I have vista pre-installed on my laptop and have absolutely no problems with it at all! I use XP on my desktop and quite frankly there is no difference between the two, with regard to TSO

G

<blockquote><hr>

Why does everyone seem to complain about vista? I have vista pre-installed on my laptop and have absolutely no problems with it at all! I use XP on my desktop and quite frankly there is no difference between the two, with regard to TSO

[/ QUOTE ]
Because the overwhelming percentage of Vista users are having problems. Hence the complaints.
You seem to be one of the lucky few to be doing ok, so you don't complain.
If you were having problems, you would probably complain. But you don't, so you don't.
Instead you wonder why those who do have problems do complain.
Is a puzzlement.

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Because the overwhelming percentage of Vista users are having problems. Hence the complaints.
If you were having problems, you would probably complain. But you don't, so you don't.
Is a puzzlement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow you could have made that point with one sentence instead of 40.

I found that poll easy to use and rather amusing. I recommend it for the family.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Is a puzzlement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow you could have made that point with one sentence instead of 40.

I found that poll easy to use and rather amusing. I recommend it for the family.

[/ QUOTE ]
Stating the obvious is easy. Making it stick?..... sometimes that requires a little elbow grease.