• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Front Page Poll and Polls for 2008

G

A new poll is up on the front page, this time it was a request for a formal poll on the hot topic of Skill Locks and Amnesty.

There is a very active thread on the subject, however, so the City Hall poll, is going to be on what subjects *you* want to see in the polls for the next year, and how often.

R

Rach

Hi. About the polls, I'm just wondering, does EA actually consider Stratics polls? Or, are they just made up things to kill some time here on Stratics?

Over my time here, I've noticed several polls regarding in-game things, but from what I've seen, they really have no relevance to what EA actually does in-game. Just curious.

I

imported_corpatortis

They get a chance to see what a small percentage of the population thinks on average.

We usually think frodkas. Go figure.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hi. About the polls, I'm just wondering, does EA actually consider Stratics polls? Or, are they just made up things to kill some time here on Stratics?

Over my time here, I've noticed several polls regarding in-game things, but from what I've seen, they really have no relevance to what EA actually does in-game. Just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the past I have seen EA go by what is stated in a poll. But they are not bound to do so. Really I think if its a good idea, feasible and will help increase profit, why would they say no.

R

Rach

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

In the past I have seen EA go by what is stated in a poll. But they are not bound to do so. Really I think if its a good idea, feasible and will help increase profit, why would they say no.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you put it that way, it all makes sense! Thanks

G

I often wondered how the polls would go if we got 1 vote per acct.

G

I don't wonder. The wonderful people here would never proxy their IP address to make a double vote, would they?? I think not.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

I often wondered how the polls would go if we got 1 vote per acct.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we were given one vote per active TSO account things would certainly be different.

M

Meggers

-----------------------------------------

I remember a poll on Stratics almost 3 years ago asking us which bug would we like to have fixed first. Not one bug was ever fixed and since then we have many more, so polls mean exactly squat.

G

Ahh but sometimes they do help! Not long ago we had a should we merge the cities poll and now we are doing exactly that.

A few years back we embarked on a huge campaign to get the create a sim clothes available in game! We had siggies and did a poll and wallah we got what we wanted, true it could be that EA didnt like us all running naked through stratics, but there was a poll too.

Amnesty was another recent poll, I recall the devs telling us in the pub that they were watching it.

Sooo get out there and vote folks...everyones opinion counts!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I remember a poll on Stratics almost 3 years ago asking us which bug would we like to have fixed first. Not one bug was ever fixed and since then we have many more, so polls mean exactly squat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry you misunderstood, but these are Stratics polls - posted by Stratics, posted on Stratics, and posted for Stratics visitors. They were never represented as EA polls and should not be interpreted that way.

M

Meggers

I'm sorry you misunderstood, but these are Stratics polls - posted by Stratics, posted on Stratics, and posted for Stratics visitors. They were never represented as EA polls and should not be interpreted that way.
-------------------------------------------

If that's the case having a poll on Stratics concerning TSO is as dumb as installing a peephole in a glass door.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If that's the case having a poll on Stratics concerning TSO is as dumb as installing a peephole in a glass door.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the past EA has opted to use poll results to make in game decisions. There is just no rule stating that they have to.

So each poll has a chance of changing the game.

R

Rach

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have to agree completely.