• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] New Fishing Suit. What do you think of it ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you like the new fishing suit ?

What are your Pros and Cons about it ?

Do you think it is worth the hassle to have some extra bait chances ?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the suit but i want to have a different hat like the tricorn hat for it. :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can say that is very important if you want to do charybdis... last time I've wasted 13 bait charges to get it out, and if you count that the charybdis bait comes 5 uses each, the full set is a must for a professional fisherman :)

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
baits are mostly useless.
why get hyped up over that.
fish pies - who wants em? none

now if the suit increase your chances of asos or a drop when tossing an asos or getting named crabs and named lobsters then i would get excited.

lorddog

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to agree with, another hat type would be nice.
Does anyone play a gargish fisher? With gloves and hat in the set, those are already left out.

BluDjinn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Having just built a new suit for my mage / fisherman I can't see much use in getting the suit.

I built my Fishing suit around the Leviathan Hide Bracers and the Kelp Woven Leggings .

Then I fished and shopped around until I could find a barnacle covered skull cap and barnacle covered leather gorget, tunic, and gloves.
Which I POFed then imbued.

I added to this set with Corgul's Enchanted Sash, a Quiver of Infinity
( yes I am over mage cap so I can use a bow without penalty ).

Then I added some made from scratch jewelry, that I imbued as needed / possible and my Runic crafted fishing pole.

Results :

All 70s resist
100% LRC
LMC 16
MR 5
Mana +5
Int. +21
Dex +8
Stam +2
Str +7
HPI +10
DCI +40
SDI +34
Casting Focus 6

I might be able to work in the gloves, I'll have to test.

S

Spyderis

I can say that is very important if you want to do charybdis... last time I've wasted 13 bait charges to get it out, and if you count that the charybdis bait comes 5 uses each, the full set is a must for a professional fisherman :)
I have done over 50 fishing quests and not one spyglass or bait for charybdis. im in the 6x15/20 quests and all i get is stupid bait for fish, is there a bug and am i waisting my time? im on cats...what ya think

S

Spyderis

why get hyped up over that.
fish pies - who wants em? none

now if the suit increase your chances of asos or a drop when tossing an asos or getting named crabs and named lobsters then i would get excited.

lorddog
I agree fish pies are a joke, they just needed to add something to the useless skill of cooking

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My Mage suit:

Kelp Leggings
Protector of the Battle Mage
Pendant of the Magi
Kasa of the Ra-jin
Imbued Gloves
Imbued sleeves
Totem of the Void
Imbued ring
Ornament of the Magician
Imbued copper Buckler
Scrapper's Compendium (Water elemental slayer)
Tangle
Conjurer's Garb (Cursed Gypsy version)
Choice of Ranger's cloak or Quiver of Infinity
snake skin boots (may get poison resist earrings for that last 1% of Poison, and put my +INT boots back on)

Totals (listing totals as if they are uncapped):
Resists: 81/70/70/71/74 (Human, all 70s)
(I can cast protection when I have inscription on and remain 70 physical; some of the time I run with Tactics instead, when I want to do some things where, in the past, I did more damage with a MW bow and summons than with spells).
Luck 327
HPI 5
MI 8
INT +20
LRC 100% (101%)
LMC 40% (56% With scrappers, 46% without)
FC/FCR 2/6 (3/7 with scrappers)
SDI 65% with scrappers, 40% without
Casting Focus: 7%
HPR 4
MR 11
DCI 45% with shield and quiver.

I can one-shot water elementals with Magic Arrow, when using inscription.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

lorddog
I love my baits now! They are worth 10 points a charge for Spring Cleaning, and with 1200 in multiple types of bait, I'm getting fisher gear for each 4 piles I turn in! :D