• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] New Fishing Quests Rewards and 120 Fishing PS : reduced drops ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since several of the new Fish Monger Quests Rewards pertain to the 120 Powerscroll range of rewards, the question is, making these additional Rewards available made it LESS likely to get a 120 Fishing Powerscroll drop since they are now diluted in a larger pool of available rewards for that category ?

Or, was the chance at a 120 Fishing Powerscroll raised to take into account the new Rewards for that category ?

Anyone knows ?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got a lot less of the books. Still getting about the same amount of PS as before.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ironically, the first drop I got after the change was book #2. After that, it was baits, a junk-free hook and a dredging hook (not in that order)

Frodo Baggins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For myself everything is about the same other than not as many books - my first two drops were +5 scrolls and other than that bait, 1 dredging hook, 3 lava hooks and 2 junk proof hooks which I think I will use when dungeon fishing to make that time more valuable.
still no +20

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just geting crappy bait again...
I have yet to get a power scroll , ive been doing this since start of High Seas.

The RNG just hates my account...

Now if the bait actualy was worth it, be nice..

mysty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
after the patch i got in 2 weeks 3 20er scrolls and 1 bait for Charybdis.
the rest is the same as before. a lot of junk....

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After patch wife finally got her 120 PS!(5th order completed) we have not been fishing in months due to the crabbing grind to fill orders but this has got us fueled up again in full fishing frenzy to complete all rare fish and get those sweet spyglasses.sine then we took our lava poles(about 60 each) and went fishing got tons of footwear ,Pavers ,Weapons and Geodes,But to our surprise not one lava fish lol go figure

M

Muu Bin

Since several of the new Fish Monger Quests Rewards pertain to the 120 Powerscroll range of rewards, the question is, making these additional Rewards available made it LESS likely to get a 120 Fishing Powerscroll drop since they are now diluted in a larger pool of available rewards for that category ?

Or, was the chance at a 120 Fishing Powerscroll raised to take into account the new Rewards for that category ?

Anyone knows ?
I think a while back, I remember reading something posted by one of the Devs which indicated that rewards were lumped into categories - 4 different levels I think (don't quote me on that). However, I don't recall reading that each individual reward was "weighted" any differently than another.

Whether or not this is true remains to be said but I think most of us would probably say that we were getting a lot of reward "A" but not much of "B", "C", or "D" from that group, for example. Does this indicate that they may have different weightings? I suppose only a Dev might be able to answer that question.

If the answer is "No" - they are all weighted the same, then your logic of one individual reward being diluted in a larger pool makes sense. But then you are assuming that a 120 PS has more "value" than another reward in the same reward group. To other fishers out there, it may not.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the answer is "No" - they are all weighted the same, then your logic of one individual reward being diluted in a larger pool makes sense. But then you are assuming that a 120 PS has more "value" than another reward in the same reward group. To other fishers out there, it may not.

Well, may I ask to any UO fisherman out there what reward they think might be more valuable and wanted to them than, say, a 120 fishing powerscroll ?

M

Muu Bin

Well, may I ask to any UO fisherman out there what reward they think might be more valuable and wanted to them than, say, a 120 fishing powerscroll ?
Perhaps a poll might be in order? :scholar:

Since you seem to have assumed that a 120 PS is what every fisher out there considers the "most" valuable reward, you may want to word your poll question appropriately so that you are getting the right answer for the right question. (I.e. don't assume that no one has got one already since if they have, then they might deem some other reward more valuable to them by now).

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If one is looking at it from a resale point of view, the 120 PS is the most desirable item in gold piece value - but it won't always be (Especially after these changes).

Once you go from gold value to personal desire for your fishing style, there probably are about as many valid answers as there are possible rewards.

popps is assuming much - but it's not really that big of an assumption.

Even the people I know that have used 120 PS (and a few that have only used 115s!) still hope for more 120s to sell (even passing up the chance to use a 120, staying at 115, to get the gold from the sale of the 120).

M

Muu Bin

Basara,

I do see your point from a resale value for the Fishing PS's, especially since they are newer in the game and the quests seem quite the grind for some players. I have no idea what the resale on these things are because I never really thought to buy one or even sell one. The few extras I have gotten (105's, 110's, 120's) I just give away to friends or guild mates.

I still think a poll might be a good way to determine where players see value in the rewards. For example, until the recent changes, Order of the Dragonfish books dropped fairly regularly but now - according to the notes - these will be more difficult to get. And at that, they are currently just deco.

As you mentioned, perceptions may change with the revamp in rewards, etc... (and over time as everyone gets their PS's).

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
To give you an idea, I've gotten 2 120 PS drops - and the person that I gave the 120 to insisted (since the fish were a joint effort) that I sell it and she'd wait for the next 120, since she was scrolled to 115, and just approaching 110 skill, at the time. IIRC it sold for 12 million - and I heard stories here that on some shards they were going for 20 million.

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sold a 120 on LS 2 nights ago for 40 Mill. I have received two 120 scrolls since the latest fishing patch and had received two prior to it.

I am in more of a desire to obtain the Oracle Spyglass, I have yet to hear of anyone getting one of those yet. I have gotten 2 of the new Charbyd baits with 5 uses each.

I also am looking for the #6 book and some of the more rare fishing baits like the Void Crab and Lobster, Golden Tuna, White Dragonfish, ect.

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sold a 120 on LS 2 nights ago for 40 Mill. I have received two 120 scrolls since the latest fishing patch and had received two prior to it.

I am in more of a desire to obtain the Oracle Spyglass, I have yet to hear of anyone getting one of those yet. I have gotten 2 of the new Charbyd baits with 5 uses each.

I also am looking for the #6 book and some of the more rare fishing baits like the Void Crab and Lobster, Golden Tuna, White Dragonfish, ect.
Sheesh, i have lots of Golden Tuna and Void Crab bait but have yet to recieve a 120 scroll.

M

Muu Bin

LUCKY to get a 120 on Atlantic for 50m. Usually around 60-65.
I will have to let those friends know I might be needin' a little love back at some point... I had no idea that the PS's were going for that much. :pie:

Snow78

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive gotten a 120 also and sold it for 50 on great lakes as im already 120. also is the quest monger broken? i turned in a 265 point quest and got a lava hook!!! (wasnt happy) I got my 120 scroll on a 255 point quest. anyone know if its broken?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I *think* (unconfirmed and personal thought only) that higher rewards are added to the possible pool and none of the lower ones are removed. So, you can get a special hook or book for a 10 point shallow water fish quest, and the same reward for a 265 point quest, depending on the whims of the RNG.