• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] new fisher's suit

V

verdic

Howdy my freinds I thought I would see what you all had to say about the new fisher's suit. I don't want to bash the devs or nothen. I got the suit love the way it looks and was able to get er all fixed up the way I wanted it for me fisher, but when I tried it out on some bait the results were less than I expected. First round I went through 68 yellow tail bait and only one fish was landed, second round I went through 167 holy mackral and only two landed. No I know they call it fishin not catchin but I thought with the full suit being worn that the results would be a little better than this. May be it was intended this way OR its a bug that the dev's need to look at I don't know. Perhaps if there are alot of us having the same results it would be worth a note to the devs or if its just me than so be it. Any thoughts?

soze

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy my freinds I thought I would see what you all had to say about the new fisher's suit. I don't want to bash the devs or nothen. I got the suit love the way it looks and was able to get er all fixed up the way I wanted it for me fisher, but when I tried it out on some bait the results were less than I expected. First round I went through 68 yellow tail bait and only one fish was landed, second round I went through 167 holy mackral and only two landed. No I know they call it fishin not catchin but I thought with the full suit being worn that the results would be a little better than this. May be it was intended this way OR its a bug that the dev's need to look at I don't know. Perhaps if there are alot of us having the same results it would be worth a note to the devs or if its just me than so be it. Any thoughts?
So UO Guide says using bait will give you a 1-3 percent chance of catching a rare fish.

the suit increases that by 50%...so a 1.5% to 4.5% chance....

the usage on your baits were 1.47% to 1.20% respectfully....below what was expected.....although it might be too small of a sample to measure the results.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So UO Guide says using bait will give you a 1-3 percent chance of catching a rare fish.

the suit increases that by 50%...so a 1.5% to 4.5% chance....

the usage on your baits were 1.47% to 1.20% respectfully....below what was expected.....although it might be too small of a sample to measure the results.
the only true advantage is with charybdis bait that fails too much without this suit...

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tossed al my plain baits into the trash can. 10 points per charge is a good trade-off imho.
The armour set might be more interesting with smelly and extra smelly baits (and the Charbydis one).