• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Fire Beetle

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Training a new fire beetle and I want to do something different this time.

Is RC+ wrestle mastery possible?

Has anyone tried this?

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last time I tried adding RC, it removes wrestling mastery from the list of available magical abilities. If you add wrestling mastery, RC will not be available any longer. But this might have been changed - it's been a while since I tried it.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I have a giant beetle I went wrestling mastery on. I also added searing wounds. And in my personal opinion, it’s not worth it. My giant beetle takes forever and a day to kill Swoop (my test mob), while my poisoning, AI, RC giant beetle will kill Swoop in less then half the time the other beetle takes.
If you do decide to go forward with your plan and think searing wounds is a nice add, wait! Searing wounds will kill shadow elementals and the red, Gregorio. I learned that the hard way.

Finally, RC and wrestling mastery are not possible, pick one and the other disappears as an option.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Thanks for all the replies guys. I've been wanting to try out the wrestling/piercing/slashin/bashing magics, because I never have.

I tamed a sabre tooth last night to try out slashing, plus he has heal. Will level him up after bonding.

For my fire beetle maybe I'll just go with AI/RC/Poison like I did with my giant beetle, except I can use corpse skin with my fire beetle for extra damage.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for all the replies guys. I've been wanting to try out the wrestling/piercing/slashin/bashing magics, because I never have.

I tamed a sabre tooth last night to try out slashing, plus he has heal. Will level him up after bonding.

For my fire beetle maybe I'll just go with AI/RC/Poison like I did with my giant beetle, except I can use corpse skin with my fire beetle for extra damage.
Stick with a Cat for wrestling mastery. Don't waste it on a good pet.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have a giant beetle I went wrestling mastery on. I also added searing wounds. And in my personal opinion, it’s not worth it. My giant beetle takes forever and a day to kill Swoop (my test mob), while my poisoning, AI, RC giant beetle will kill Swoop in less then half the time the other beetle takes.
If you do decide to go forward with your plan and think searing wounds is a nice add, wait! Searing wounds will kill shadow elementals and the red, Gregorio. I learned that the hard way.

Finally, RC and wrestling mastery are not possible, pick one and the other disappears as an option.
Someone on this forums has mentioned their fire beetle with Wrestling Mastery. I never understood their praise of the spec. RC is the superior spec for beetles. Even with very low resists, a Chiv pet with the same damage spread still outperforms.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone on this forums has mentioned their fire beetle with Wrestling Mastery. I never understood their praise of the spec. RC is the superior spec for beetles. Even with very low resists, a Chiv pet with the same damage spread still outperforms.
I use a Wrest Mastery Fire Beetle for clearing out the Bar and gathering keys for Grizzle in Bedlam. EoO would cause problems in Bedlam with all the different types of named Undead down there that would gain +100% damage on your pet. Plus, i love seeing the huge damage from a 3 hit Fists of Fury on low Fire Resist victims (outdoing even a 120 Chiv EoO+AI). Oh, plus i use him for disarming Gregorio before i train other pets on him, lol.

I don't use him on bosses much though. I mainly use my RC+AI+Poison Fire Beetle for that. Although i'm starting to regret putting Poison on my Fire Beetle, since he now spends most of his time/Mana trying to spam that, instead of RC or AI. Most casters will immediately cure the DP-Lethal anyways, and the damage that it adds is so little compared to the constant RC/AIs it used to do.

Last edited:

Maker2014

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I use a Wrest Mastery Fire Beetle for clearing out the Bar and gathering keys for Grizzle in Bedlam. EoO would cause problems in Bedlam with all the different types of named Undead down there that would gain +100% damage on your pet. Plus, i love seeing the huge damage from a 3 hit Fists of Fury on low Fire Resist victims (outdoing even a 120 Chiv EoO+AI). Oh, plus i use him for disarming Gregorio before i train other pets on him, lol.

I don't use him on bosses much though. I mainly use my RC+AI+Poison Fire Beetle for that. Although i'm starting to regret putting Poison on my Fire Beetle, since he now spends most of his time/Mana trying to spam that, instead of RC or AI. Most casters will immediately cure the DP-Lethal anyways, and the damage that it adds is so little compared to the constant RC/AIs it used to do.
Ahh. So you would recommend not put poison on them? I can see your point thought.. yep..Lesse is better rule to get most out the specisls you really need..

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Pretty sure RC and AI have a use timer on them, so pet will never sit there and spam them even if they have the mana to do so. Poison is used more to prevent the mob from healing/regen HP than to do damage.

As has been stated many times before; pet AI leaves much to be desired. They rarely do what you think they should do. Even if you limit which abilities they have, they don't use them when/how you think they should.

Thargor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I thought in one of the posts on beetles @Pawain said that poisoning does not use mana ? since not much left to train after you take RC, he said might as well take poisoning? something changed on this?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought in one of the posts on beetles @Pawain said that poisoning does not use mana ? since not much left to train after you take RC, he said might as well take poisoning? something changed on this?
Everything uses Mana. Like SP said, the poison is great for Mobs that heal or ones that cure. (makes them use cure all the time)

There is a thread where we were talking about Beetles not dropping in Mana like everthing else does. I don't know if that has changed.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pretty sure RC and AI have a use timer on them, so pet will never sit there and spam them even if they have the mana to do so. Poison is used more to prevent the mob from healing/regen HP than to do damage.

As has been stated many times before; pet AI leaves much to be desired. They rarely do what you think they should do. Even if you limit which abilities they have, they don't use them when/how you think they should.
I've seen my WW with just Magery+AI do 7 AIs in a row against a Lizardman Squatter in Wrong. Poor thing...
Just wish i had put Chiv on that WW instead, he's one of the rare pre-patches with both 760 STR and 80 Cold Resist. Pure White as well.

Edit: Just took him into Wrong again, and he repeated it. Every single attack was an AI until he mana dumped. He literally daisy chains AIs until he's out of Mana. Hell, he'll prepare AI (you can tell by the sound and the graphic in CC) miss the attack, then cast AI again, even though he still has the previous one prepared.

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I've seen my WW with just Magery+AI do 7 AIs in a row against a Lizardman Squatter in Wrong. Poor thing...
Just wish i had put Chiv on that WW instead, he's one of the rare pre-patches with both 760 STR and 80 Cold Resist. Pure White as well.

Edit: Just took him into Wrong again, and he repeated it. Every single attack was an AI until he mana dumped. He literally daisy chains AIs until he's out of Mana. Hell, he'll prepare AI (you can tell by the sound and the graphic in CC) miss the attack, then cast AI again, even though he still has the previous one prepared.
Still an awesome pet..