• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Facet idea.

• Thread starter Dungeon Explorer
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Do you eventually want new land?

• Total voters
D

Dungeon Explorer

I would like it if eventually we can get more new land for houseing and old and new spawn perhaps it can even have some or all of the old event spawn in it like melissa, the grim reaper, light daemons, void daemons, strangers, daemon berzerkers and van guards rideing dread war horses so we can still tame them after this event as a few examples in differnt areas of the new dungeons in this facet.
  • Many of the event monsters and spawn where fun many way too hard for just one player and some you could solo if you where good enough maybe some could be a new peerless or champ spawn like monster or spawn just an idea.
I am making this a poll so please feel free to vote and comment thank you.

T

Tazar

I am all for new lands... and new places to explore...

but I am strongly against spreading the player-base further...

Perhaps new lands should not have housing... and be more like Ilshenar... then tie them to the moongates so that accessibility to that land comes and goes on a rotation schedule... Couple of weeks, we get Ilshenar... Next couple of weeks, Serpent Isle instead... Next couple of weeks, Pagan... etc... or something similar.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is enough land. current over land spawn should be revamp or at least put back to how it used to be.

L

Lady_Mina

Well the UO population is quite low...so i don't see the use of releasing an other facet with housing abilities.

+ look at malas...
Houses are packed onto eachother there...and it's truly ugly.
Don't want to see an other one of those.

+ there's not much to do in Malas...
There's not much to do in Felucca either.
Ilshenar was fun when Melissa spawned...large groups of people went to the whisp dungeon...

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tons to do in felucca. Don't make assumptions because you don't go there. Many players refuse to live anywhere else and spend 90% or more of their time there.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Methinks what you are looking for is called "The Stygian Abyss" :)

Personally I'm a fan of wandering great expanses of wilderness - I remember when the land seemed endlessly large and I miss that (although there are still some corners of the lands we have that I haven't fully explored). Events and central quest-jump-off points are the way to draw people together in crowds - it doesn't matter how land there is to do that.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
again, way too many poll options that make no sense and you left out the most important one: remove facet.

Trammel, Malas, Tokuno and Ilshenar should all be removed from the game.

E

Eslake

again, way too many poll options that make no sense and you left out the most important one: remove facet.

The only way you'll ever see that is on an unofficial shard.

IMO they need to redesign a lot of what they already have rather than adding any new lands.
I would wager that if they actively logged all player activity for a month they would find that 99% of players are using less than 10% of the total land mass.

Almost all wilderness and jungle land is unused for anything but housing. But those areas still use up server resources the same as if they were Luna.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only way you'll ever see that is on an unofficial shard.

IMO they need to redesign a lot of what they already have rather than adding any new lands.
I would wager that if they actively logged all player activity for a month they would find that 99% of players are using less than 10% of the total land mass.

Almost all wilderness and jungle land is unused for anything but housing. But those areas still use up server resources the same as if they were Luna.
it was just a joke and i mostly agree with you.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
We have enough land but there is room for some small event spawns on overland and Trammel could need alot more small spawns on overland.
I don't want to see spawns that attack towns but spawn in the wildernes away from town and player houses.
It could be some randum spawns, so you never know where they spawn or what kind that will spawn.

R

RenaLynne

Personally, I dont I dont care either way about more housing space. Dont think they should make event spawn common though. The whole reason why its more fun is because theyre rare creatures/bosses.

L

Lady_Mina

Tons to do in felucca. Don't make assumptions because you don't go there. Many players refuse to live anywhere else and spend 90% or more of their time there.
Well can you make me a list of the things to do inn fell then?

Besides PvP....

ow yeah champ spawn...but that's getting pretty old.

Since doom arti's sell for more...

C

Connor_Graham

First they need to remove anyone from game that thinks that Trammel, Malas, Tokuno, and Ilshernar needs to be removed from the game. :loser:

Because it's Trammel, Malas, Tokuno, and Ilshenar that keep enough players playing UO to keep the lights turned on and the doors open. Without them, UO would just be turned off.

So, you got any more words of wisdom to shoot from your arse? :coco:

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that we have enough land as it is. In fact a good portion of it is desolate.

But I don't think it would be a bad idea to use this empty land for new content.