• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Expansion Data

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since I need to complete the UI update, I was looking for some info about the new areas like name of the zones (so that I can add the markers on the map), coordinates of the champion spawn altar, dungeons entrance, villages names, etc... but I can't find anything...
Then I decided to look for the new creatures data like resistances min/max, skills min/max, etc... and there is nothing... not even for the new tamables...

So, since I don't want to stop all this enthusiasm, perhaps together we can collect enough data :D
Because if I have to do something like this alone, it will take a very long time (especially if you want acceptable data)

If you want to help with the craftable data, you can use this post: http://stratics.com/threads/tol-new-craftables.351422/

If you have any info about the new spells like: damage type and formula you can use this post: http://stratics.com/threads/tol-missing-spells-data.351454/

Thanks.

- MAP COMPLETED
- CRAFTABLES COMPLETED

MISSING DATA:

- Dragon Turtle Hide Armor base resistances (non exceptional version)
- New spells damage formula and upkeep cost (for the spell that doesn't show this info in the tooltip)
- Champion spawn creatures info (especially the last 2 spawns and the champion itself.

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dragon Turtle Hatchlings have the exact same Stat/Resist/Skill range as Greater Dragons, so you can use the GD info for them. The only difference, is that their Preferred Food is Fish, and the last time i checked, Reptile/Dragon Slayer doesn't affect them.

I already posted the lore info for Tigers awhile back. http://stratics.com/threads/tigers.350249/

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dragon Turtle Hatchlings have the exact same Stat/Resist/Skill range as Greater Dragons, so you can use the GD info for them. The only difference, is that their Preferred Food is Fish, and the last time i checked, Reptile/Dragon Slayer doesn't affect them.

I already posted the lore info for Tigers awhile back. http://stratics.com/threads/tigers.350249/
nice, thanks, but the tiger misses barding difficulty and min taming :D

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hey, @Pinco, we're very glad to see you updating your most helpful UI. With that being the case, would you consider changing the sad message on the login screen?

• Unfortunately due to the lack of funds, this project will be dead by the end of the month.
    The purpose of this project was to improve the game so that it could be easier and attractive for new and old players, but unfortunately it seems that noone belives that anymore.
    It's sad to see UO degrading day after day, a game with such potential could have been the greatest game ever, but the continuous bad choices made by the developers has piled up over the years (since the beggining) bringing us here at this point where there isn't much of a future...
    That's just not my opinion, but I think that the lack of interest in having new features (like there was back in the day) is the proof that everyone is just resigned to the idea of a static grinding game that will never get better and it's just sad.
    Anyway, if you want to save this project there are still some days to make a donation and extend its life, or you could just ignore this message and at the end of the month this patcher will just stop working.
    Whatever is your choice I thanks everyone for the support and the suggestions that I received during the years, I hope that my work may have simplified your gameplay and perhaps made this game a bit more enjoyable.
    In case this is a goodbye: Farewell and thanks you all.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey, @Pinco, we're very glad to see you updating your most helpful UI. With that being the case, would you consider changing the sad message on the login screen?

• Unfortunately due to the lack of funds, this project will be dead by the end of the month.
    The purpose of this project was to improve the game so that it could be easier and attractive for new and old players, but unfortunately it seems that noone belives that anymore.
    It's sad to see UO degrading day after day, a game with such potential could have been the greatest game ever, but the continuous bad choices made by the developers has piled up over the years (since the beggining) bringing us here at this point where there isn't much of a future...
    That's just not my opinion, but I think that the lack of interest in having new features (like there was back in the day) is the proof that everyone is just resigned to the idea of a static grinding game that will never get better and it's just sad.
    Anyway, if you want to save this project there are still some days to make a donation and extend its life, or you could just ignore this message and at the end of the month this patcher will just stop working.
    Whatever is your choice I thanks everyone for the support and the suggestions that I received during the years, I hope that my work may have simplified your gameplay and perhaps made this game a bit more enjoyable.
    In case this is a goodbye: Farewell and thanks you all.
it's not a message, it's an old news, when the new version will came out another news will appear and so on :D
I could add a message with a link to this post, perhaps I would find more info...

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
it's not a message, it's an old news, when the new version will came out another news will appear and so on :D
I could add a message with a link to this post, perhaps I would find more info...
Nice. New message up today:

• Time of Legends support

Posted Today, 18:33 CET
    I'm gathering informations about the new expansion in order to update the UI, so if you want to help you can post creatures data (stat/skill/resistances/barding difficulty/etc...) and the id of the new craftables and materials (if you have access to it) through this post on stratics or by sending me an email ([email protected]) or with a PM on my forum or stratics.
    Also if you find the formula of the damage for the new spells and/or info about the damage type, and the upkeep cost not mentioned on the tooltips, it will be very useful.
    The faster we gather the data, the faster I'll finish the update.

Thanks!

cynnir

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So can I take this to mean that Pinco's UI will be updated?! I just returned and upon seeing that message I decided not to use it so I wouldn't get used to a tool that would soon be out of date. I think it would be great if you continued to update it! I will have to head to your site and show some support! Thank you Pinco!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So can I take this to mean that Pinco's UI will be updated?! I just returned and upon seeing that message I decided not to use it so I wouldn't get used to a tool that would soon be out of date. I think it would be great if you continued to update it! I will have to head to your site and show some support! Thank you Pinco!
I've never stopped... Until I have money I can keep going, but if the money ends it will be over...

TBH if I don't get any data I don't think there will be much of a time of leggends support :(

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've gathered the item ids from the new craftables, but since I'm unable to craft the new tiger pelt and dragon turtle armors, it would be nice if some of you that can craft those items may post the basic resistances of a NON-exceptional pieces :)

Also I'm still looking for the resistances/stats for the creatures of eodon (especially the champion spawn ones) so if someone have the chance of gather those data it would be great.

Thanks

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've gathered the item ids from the new craftables, but since I'm unable to craft the new tiger pelt and dragon turtle armors, it would be nice if some of you that can craft those items may post the basic resistances of a NON-exceptional pieces :)

Also I'm still looking for the resistances/stats for the creatures of eodon (especially the champion spawn ones) so if someone have the chance of gather those data it would be great.

Thanks
Next time I do the champ I'll try to Lore a few of them... was somewhat difficult last time. But I'll try to take some screenies of them for you.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Next time I do the champ I'll try to Lore a few of them... was somewhat difficult last time. But I'll try to take some screenies of them for you.
great, thanks, that will be very useful :)
also if you are using my UI in there the animal lore gump generates the txt files for the lored creatures, that way you don't have to take a screenshot of everything and just lore and close the gump :D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
great, thanks, that will be very useful :)
also if you are using my UI in there the animal lore gump generates the txt files for the lored creatures, that way you don't have to take a screenshot of everything and just lore and close the gump :D
Will do later today after I get some sleep.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco any chance of a quick "hot fix" to allow us to get to the new lands via the moongate. Just add in the option?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco any chance of a quick "hot fix" to allow us to get to the new lands via the moongate. Just add in the option?
there is no quick fix, it's all or nothing :p
you have to keep using the old boring gump until I have all the data and completed the update :D

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there is no quick fix, it's all or nothing :p
you have to keep using the old boring gump until I have all the data and completed the update :D
Fair enough, I just thought I would ask! Thanks for all the hard work btw, appreciate it. :thumbsup:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Pinco a few questions. First off where is that information stored when I lore things and do I have to have the log chat turned on for it?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pinco Is there any way to use the standard EC spellbook gump? After a brief look through the options I couldn't find one.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco a few questions. First off where is that information stored when I lore things and do I have to have the log chat turned on for it?
in the logs folder inside the game folder.
@Pinco Is there any way to use the standard EC spellbook gump? After a brief look through the options I couldn't find one.
if you mean the square black ugly thing no, there is no way

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Pinco I'm not seeing any of the animal lore data in there..... I lored at least 2 dozen of each of the mobs from the Dragon Turtle spawn and I am not seeing anything. Used to be that I could see the name of the animal and all that stuff in there like when I lore my pet Creepers.. I don't see any of that in there.

Might there be a problem with the data if I don't use the C: drive to run UO?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco I'm not seeing any of the animal lore data in there..... I lored at least 2 dozen of each of the mobs from the Dragon Turtle spawn and I am not seeing anything. Used to be that I could see the name of the animal and all that stuff in there like when I lore my pet Creepers.. I don't see any of that in there.

Might there be a problem with the data if I don't use the C: drive to run UO?
no, try to check the animal lore settings maybe you have the option disabled :D

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
in the logs folder inside the game folder.

if you mean the square black ugly thing no, there is no way
I guess that's what I mean, yeah.

The mastery abilities other than the bard skills and I think magery are inaccessible as is.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess that's what I mean, yeah.

The mastery abilities other than the bard skills and I think magery are inaccessible as is.
until the update is ready a lot of things do not works...
so if you want to speed up the update, gather data :p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Pinco... I don't know what your talking about as I have the "Enable New Animal Lore Gump" Checked. And no animal lore data is being saved into my Log. I have it sorting by date modified and there is NOTHING in there each time I check. Is there something I need to have checked?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Pinco Sorry finally found that tiny arrow there..... logging now!

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So if we are using Pinko's the only way to get to Eodon is to switch to the default client as the Eodon option isn't available in the moongate when using Pinko's? Or am I missing something? That is the only way I could get Eodon to appear.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So if we are using Pinko's the only way to get to Eodon is to switch to the default client as the Eodon option isn't available in the moongate when using Pinko's? Or am I missing something? That is the only way I could get Eodon to appear.
You go to the moongate go to user settings switch to default UI then go into Eodon go to the user settings and switch back to Pinco's UI. It's a HUGE Pain in the Arse... but yes that is how you do it.

So @Pinco where do you want me to send this stuff?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd like to help but I don't know how to find most of this stuff. I can lore things though? Lol

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm sorry @Pinco but I enabled Logging in the Lore Gump and the ONLY thing that shows up in my log is my OWN Greater Dragon.... After loring 40 to 50 mobs at the Champ there is only ONE thing in my log and that's my own Greater Dragon.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry @Pinco but I enabled Logging in the Lore Gump and the ONLY thing that shows up in my log is my OWN Greater Dragon.... After loring 40 to 50 mobs at the Champ there is only ONE thing in my log and that's my own Greater Dragon.
you should check if the client folder has the right to read/write for everyone, maybe windows decided to change it, and also to see if the option is still active...

you can just disable the user friendly gump and use the old ugly gray square...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
you should check if the client folder has the right to read/write for everyone, maybe windows decided to change it, and also to see if the option is still active...

I am using windows 10 now maybe that is the problem... I don't know.. but would seem strange that his own pet gets logged but not anything he lores.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes I did that for now just so I don't need to keep switching UI's to access the gate. The trade window for players also doesnt work if you want to trade gold. You have to switch to the default for that too. No problem, I realise it will take time time to get stuff sorted, just so people are aware it isn't broke, just not updated yet :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am using windows 10 now maybe that is the problem... I don't know.. but would seem strange that his own pet gets logged but not anything he lores.
I found out why, it saves only if there is a "pet kind" specified, so you have to pick a random "pet kind" in order to get the txt file :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I found out why, it saves only if there is a "pet kind" specified, so you have to pick a random "pet kind" in order to get the txt file :)
Which I can't do because I can't tame them.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for doing this Pinco, I know you have lost interest in the game but we DO so much appreciate this keeping it up and I hope we can continue funding you to do it. That's what you get when you're so good at what you do, you did this so well no one even wants to try to top it or even replace it.

Please let's keep funding Pinco, without this mod EC is pretty much useless.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any progress to report, possibly a date of when we may expect this update?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I still have a lot of data to parse and not much time on my hand, so I can't say now....
I do hope that means you found gainful employ in something you like. However I will say again if you need any more data on anything do let me know and I will do my best to find it for you.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there a list of stuff you still need? That may help

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You go to the moongate go to user settings switch to default UI then go into Eodon go to the user settings and switch back to Pinco's UI. It's a HUGE Pain in the Arse... but yes that is how you do it.

So @Pinco where do you want me to send this stuff?
Whoa, so Pinco's works in the new lands once you get through the gate? I didn't know that. In fact, I've not even set foot in the new lands because I can't stand the EC anymore without Pinco's and didn't think Pincol's worked at all there.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Whoa, so Pinco's works in the new lands once you get through the gate? I didn't know that. In fact, I've not even set foot in the new lands because I can't stand the EC anymore without Pinco's and didn't think Pincol's worked at all there.
Yes and you can get through the gate without turning Pinco's off if you just uncheck the thing for using the Pinco's Moongate gump thing. I think it's in the User Data Options Tab.

What doesn't work with Pinco's unfortunately is the new Masteries.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
I cant wait for Pinco's UI to be finished to reinstall it, Yep I uninstalled it, when he said he was closing down the project....
How much more time or cash would be needed Pinco? Apart from data gathering, is there something else we can do to help speed things up?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes and you can get through the gate without turning Pinco's off if you just uncheck the thing for using the Pinco's Moongate gump thing. I think it's in the User Data Options Tab.

What doesn't work with Pinco's unfortunately is the new Masteries.
I have used the masteries in Pinco's by switching to default, pulling the spells out of the book and onto a hot bar. Then when you switch back to Pinco's the icons are there, they don't have images but they do have the tool tip when cursor over so you know what they are. Kind of a pain in the butt and a bit cumbersome, but no other choice that I see at the moment.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cant wait for Pinco's UI to be finished to reinstall it, Yep I uninstalled it, when he said he was closing down the project....
How much more time or cash would be needed Pinco? Apart from data gathering, is there something else we can do to help speed things up?
Time I can't say, because right now I don't have much available... money as you can see from the bar on my site is running low. Besides that the new things requires only data gathering...

I still need to know the base resistances for the new armor pieces and the new mastery spells damage formula. The new creatures I won't know if I need more data until I finish to parse the screenshots...