• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New EC exposed functions

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Cliloc Changes
Exposed the following functions to LUA for Enhanced Client Custom UI:

PlaySoundByID()

Plays a game sound.
Parameters

type (int) The type of sound: ambient = 0, action =1
id (int) The id of the sound file to play
x (int) The x coordinate of the target location.
y (int) The y coordinate of the target location.
z (int) The z coordinate of the target location.
Returns

Nil No return value
Example:

PlaySoundByID( 1, 23, WindowData.PlayerLocation.x, WindowData.PlayerLocation.y, WindowData.PlayerLocation.z)

GetDistanceFromPlayer()

Returns the distance in tiles from the target to the player
Parameters

Id(int) The id of the target used to measure distance
Returns

distance(number) The numbers of tiles from the player
Example

local distanceFromPlayer = GetDistanceFromPlaye(WindowData.CurrentTarget.TargetId)

GetTerrainType

Returns the terrain type id on the given coordinates
Parameters

x(int) The x coordinate of the target location.
y(int) The y coordinate of the target location.
Z(int) The z coordinate of the target location.
Returns

type(number) The terrain type id of the tile at the given location.
Example

local terrainType = GetTerrainType(WindowData.PlayerLocation.x, WindowData.PlayerLocation.y, WindowData.PlayerLocation.z)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But what does it do? Assuming anyone who understands it does anything with it?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well this are function that I have requested looooooooong ago, probably they understand why there were needed :p

oh and the first 2 functions should be improved:
- the playsound should allow to play mp3/wav
- the getdistance should accept world/screen coordinates or the usage is really limited...

Last edited:

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The functions are a usefull add, but really fixing the wrong duplicates on screen of monsters or players is more important for me.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
well this are function that I have requested looooooooong ago, probably they understand why there were needed :p

oh and the first 2 functions should be improved:
- the playsound should allow to play mp3/wav
- the getdistance should accept world/screen coordinates or the usage is really limited...
its a start :)
I have a question the range check . would this work to check range to target for this like spells or abilities?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its a start :)
I have a question the range check . would this work to check range to target for this like spells or abilities?
as I said is too limited... there is no id on the ground target and there is no way to get the coordinates of the point clicked (if they add a version with x y z.

Last edited:

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm not even going to pretend to know about the LUA functions... I've stated before that that portion of UI modding simply confuses the hell out of me.

However, the comment I want to add is that seeing that in the Patch notes to me is a good sign... a small sign, but a good one. Looks like we MIGHT start seeing something from the devs on the EC which has been needed for FAAAR too long. Also got an alter that Bleak read through and "Liked" my "EC Problems" post (even if it is over 2 years old now) which was a bit of a surprise to come home (from work) to.

Aside from emptying ore carts/stump/sheep, I've been on a rather extended "break" from UO (playing Diablo 3) but I'm keeping tabs on what's going on in UO's world. I'll be looking forward to the new dye tubs and the SOS/TMap table, but mostly still waiting on the high res update... just tired of having the game look so pixelated on my monitor when it simply could look better regardless of any arguments as to the "style".

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm not even going to pretend to know about the LUA functions... I've stated before that that portion of UI modding simply confuses the hell out of me.

However, the comment I want to add is that seeing that in the Patch notes to me is a good sign... a small sign, but a good one. Looks like we MIGHT start seeing something from the devs on the EC which has been needed for FAAAR too long. Also got an alter that Bleak read through and "Liked" my "EC Problems" post (even if it is over 2 years old now) which was a bit of a surprise to come home (from work) to.

Aside from emptying ore carts/stump/sheep, I've been on a rather extended "break" from UO (playing Diablo 3) but I'm keeping tabs on what's going on in UO's world. I'll be looking forward to the new dye tubs and the SOS/TMap table, but mostly still waiting on the high res update... just tired of having the game look so pixelated on my monitor when it simply could look better regardless of any arguments as to the "style".
I would'nt say it is the graphics in General. With KR it was also possible to draw the same textures without this pixelation, so i dont know where the iussues with that are?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nice ad about those functions, pity that is a fake since none of them exists :lol:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a new patch and their phantomatic new functions still not existing...