• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEW EA-Land Website!

A

AshleyTSO

Not to be a negative nancy or anything ,
but um just in my opinion it doesnt look professional
and I still think the EA Land logo looks childish lol...

Other then that atleast the game has an up to date website =]

G

<blockquote><hr>

Not to be a negative nancy or anything ,
but um just in my opinion it doesnt look professional
and I still think the EA Land logo looks childish lol...

Other then that atleast the game has an up to date website =]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to agree with you on all counts.

It is great that they are working on a new website to reflect our new game. I do wish, however, that it refleced the game in a better light. More specifically, the jumbo letters and multiple colours make me feel like they are trying to propose the game to a study group that consists of young children. Obviously there are a lot of typos, but I'm going to assume that those will be fixed, as it is apparent that this is work in progress. (notice the [Edit Region] tabs, empty pages, etc.).

P

princessofsh

I totally agree...this site...is very childish and VERY hard to navigate or even understand it. A LOT of the pages are broken. it...looks like a child on geocites site maker made it...I'm sorry but thats my opinon.

G

Wow that isn't too good, lets get serious, how about we get a REAL web designer from EA to do the website, looks like something from freewebs.

B

B Jordan

My friend could design something better than this no doubt.

G

I'll keep checking back, thanks for the link to the new website. They probably just wanted to get something up online and it will get better.

Those three chairs they show on the page are from The Sims 2, not TSO. Hopefully people seeing it won't think the game has progressed to those high-detailed graphics and be disappointed if they come back to TSO.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

I totally agree...this site...is very childish and VERY hard to navigate or even understand it. A LOT of the pages are broken. it...looks like a child on geocites site maker made it...I'm sorry but thats my opinon.

[/ QUOTE ]

....um says 'under construction' so I imagine the look will change as the page developes. There were some really nice designs created by a Stratics member and would LOVE to see them put to good use at the EAland site.

However.....I was reading......how is that earned 'account based' privilege thing going to work.....I want more info on that don't you?

March 8th? That's not too far away. Where do we get more info?

I

Inge Jones

Yes, I want to know what more I can get if I subscribe than I am getting as a freebie newbie at the moment?

I

imported_SimTripps

Yep I agree with all of you - looks like it's geared towards the Romper Room or Teletubbies set lol... They need something a bit more sophisticated, similar to their Flash-laden EA homepage here

G

Awesome!!!

Now if they get an EA run forum we'll be golden!!!

I

imported_corpatortis

I don't like the website but it's a work in progress so I'll tolerate it.

Jackie.. ea run forums.. that would be great. then all the information and staff replies can be in one area more organized.

but think of all the "you get paid to read this answer me" posts.
with volunteers one can't really complain when they don't find the time

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't like the website but it's a work in progress so I'll tolerate it.

Jackie.. ea run forums.. that would be great. then all the information and staff replies can be in one area more organized.

but think of all the "you get paid to read this answer me" posts.
with volunteers one can't really complain when they don't find the time

[/ QUOTE ]

those posts already exist.
Would be better in my opinion than volunteers with superiority complexes.

I

imported_corpatortis

you're right they do exist. i just realized that i can't think of a single complaint to pop up in the ea-run forum that hasn't come up here already. what's to lose?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Has anybody seen the new EA-Land website? It appears to still be a work in progress, but here it is anyways:

What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]
Looks like Playskool.

I

imported_SimTripps

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Has anybody seen the new EA-Land website? It appears to still be a work in progress, but here it is anyways:

What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]
Looks like Playskool.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL! I liked Playskool....... when I was FOUR! lol...

I

imported_corpatortis

I said Bob the Builder with all the pastel and construction.

Luc needs spell check, though. If I were a new player I would think it was a fake site just because of that.

G

gamdaaf

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

....um says 'under construction' so I imagine the look will change as the page developes. There were some really nice designs created by a Stratics member and would LOVE to see them put to good use at the EAland site.

However.....I was reading......how is that earned 'account based' privilege thing going to work.....I want more info on that don't you?

March 8th? That's not too far away. Where do we get more info?

[/ QUOTE ]

I also agree that this is not a completed Site but I can find things here that will be of great help to the commuity when fully implemented. I also want to know what the meaning of Earned 'account based' privilege.

G

This section makes me laugh really hard

<blockquote><hr>

The Smartest User Community

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_sedusa

It's not to bad, for a start.

But, I can tell you my web usability professor would tear this page apart.
The sandwich board image only shows with mouseover that its called Image 1, the blue text is not a good thing - black would be better on white,the middle chair is called Chair 2, the menu on the left should be buttonized, the banner at the top doesnt display correctly on subsequent pages, the menu headings on the left would be better bolded and not underlined as underlined items usually indicate a hyperlink, there is no visited link color change, and other grammatical errors just to name a few.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]
Looks like Playskool.

[/ QUOTE ]

The original marketing demographic for TSO was, as I recall from an early publicity piece, 27 year olds. Obviously the focus is now lower.

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

The sandwich board image only shows with mouseover that its called Image 1, the blue text is not a good thing - black would be better on white,the middle chair is called Chair 2, the menu on the left should be buttonized, the banner at the top doesnt display correctly on subsequent pages, the menu headings on the left would be better bolded and not underlined as underlined items usually indicate a hyperlink, there is no visited link color change, and other grammatical errors just to name a few.

[/ QUOTE ]

That advice reminds me of a Simpsons episode where Homer discovered the web. He made a site that was pretty with little cute icons to look at. Unfortunately that's all it was.

Luc can get the important info up first then make it pretty. I will agree with you on typos though

B

B Jordan

Think they'd let us design the site entirly?

Content, layout, graphic etc.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I said Bob the Builder with all the pastel and construction.

Luc needs spell check, though. If I were a new player I would think it was a fake site just because of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep - I gotta agree with that one! It's going to either attract a lot of children under 13 or not be taken seriously. Isn't ToonTown the childrens' equivalent of The Sims?

Reducing the bright Playskool colors and changing that childlike font would be a giant step in the right direction. (I won't even mention the typoes
)

G

*just hitting reply*

Man, you guys are harsh critics, its a work in progress, I'm sure they'll iron out all the typos and stuff before formally releasing it.

I hope they get a workable bug boards set up asap.

Polly

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

*just hitting reply*

Man, you guys are harsh critics, its a work in progress, I'm sure they'll iron out all the typos and stuff before formally releasing it.

I hope they get a workable bug boards set up asap.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm getting a good giggle from this because to be honest...it does kinda look like the home page for McDonald's Playland....

....but I do realize it's a work in progress. It's not so much the 'look' of the page that I'm seeing at this point. I'm looking at the information actually being given out on the page.

I think folks need to not be too over the top with their comments. Keep it simple...."Looks like Kiddie Land USA"....I think they'll get the message it needs to change.

Better yet...folks might wanna give them tips of what kind of other types of info they may wish to include on their homepage.

(And for whomever it was that commented on Toontown....Toontown is a game for ALL ages and is actually a lot of fun. There is also a very large, very serious adult hard core gaming population that plays that game. And Toontown actually has a pretty cool looking homepage.)

G

So... What is it that you don't like about it? What could we do so that it is not "childish"? What color schemes should we use?

I

imported_TheCookieFamily

IMO, Parizad, Purple and black would go quite well. With a bit of dark red.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]
Looks like Playskool.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLMAO!! It was just that funny!!

I

imported_TheCookieFamily

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]
Looks like Playskool.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLMAO!! It was just that funny!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah!

P

PeacefulMind

The website was made in Dreamweaver, maybe if we moved beyond that and got more into the hardcore scripting to make it more pretty-ful and less basic, rather than using what dreamweavers restricts us to.

G

<blockquote><hr>

So... What is it that you don't like about it? What could we do so that it is not "childish"? What color schemes should we use?

[/ QUOTE ]
Definitely EA Games colors, Black, Gray, White, and a Lightish Blue, with a teal tint.

G

Wow... it's looks like something McDonalds would put on the child's section of their website. If I was directed to that, especially as a past customer, I would believe it was a scam or phising website! It does not conform to EA's usual slick and professional style (see, these websites look professional while keeping that oh-so-familiar 'Sim feel' here and here ).

I think they seriously need to look at their demographic here: women, post teens, primarily N.American and look at that website... doesn't seem to match does it? Is that really going to boost sales? Make the 'team' look professional and organised (meaning... reassure people who noticed that time where it wasn't updated...for a while)!

(Another thing that strikes me as odd as EA-land is "hosting" TSO... surely TSO became[or to be more exact, to become] EA-land...?)

I

imported_sedusa

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That advice reminds me of a Simpsons episode where Homer discovered the web. He made a site that was pretty with little cute icons to look at. Unfortunately that's all it was.

Luc can get the important info up first then make it pretty. I will agree with you on typos though

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree that getting the important info up is very important. I tend to take this "stuff" more serious than I suppose is necesary for most, but I cant help myself its in my nature.