• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] New duping or old dupe?

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
A keep on ice isle that is usually private was made public this week so I took a peek inside. It's an impressive looking place with loads of non-EM rares but I spotted 4 "Glorious Lady's Shroud of Champions" locked down on a back table. Wasn't this item supposed to be a 1 of 1? Also, on a table next to it was a pair of locked down cursors, the actual hands that looks like the cursor we all see. I thought this item was also 1 of 1?

I took pics but as they kinda reveal who this is and it's not my intent to out anyone... do you think these were likely duped some time ago or is there a new dupe happening now? I'm also seeing a lot of 10 count EM items that I can find more than 10 of in and around Luna and on safes alone. Any ideas where these are coming from?

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
4 glorious lady shrouds should definitely be concerning. i am unaware of the exact methods used in duping but it always required owning one to begin with right? (except in the case of having an account with extra privileges like EMs that could just create stuff). I believe there was a forum where the glorious lady shroud was tracked by ownership, so i guess you check that and see which owner you think might have duped it?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The glorious lady shroud was indeed a 1/1 originally, so those are dupes for sure. It seems very unlikely the person who duped it would be that obvious about it by putting four 1/1 items right next to each other, so the house owner probably isn't the one who did it.

I would guess they were duped years ago and whoever did it just came back to the game and sold them off. If it were new they would have tried to secretly sell them off one at a time for maximum profit before people discovered they were fakes, not sell them all to the same person which automatically devalues them by showing there are multiple shrouds.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
List of owners in chronological order:

1. Original owner on Legend shard. PvPer highly doubt he duped.
2. Icy Raine -
3. IanD -
4. Manticore -
5. Soulweaver -
6. Nails -
Lost track after that

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
definitely a duped or rogue em created item.

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
List of owners in chronological order:

1. Original owner on Legend shard. PvPer highly doubt he duped.
2. Icy Raine -
3. IanD -
4. Manticore -
5. Soulweaver -
6. Nails -
Lost track after that
I never owned this item. I owned Great Lake Crafter Champion my wife won and Stealing Champion Shrouds that I bought from @Manticore

Manticore sold the Glorious Lady Shroud to Soulweaver who posted selling it here
[Selling] - Glorious Lady's - Shroud Of The Champion 1 of 1

Soulweaver ended up selling it to Hostess, who I then brokered selling it to Clops from the estate sale
[Selling] - ******** SOLD ******* BROKERING HOSTESS'S ESTATE, ICQ 150528775 AND MAKE YOUR OFFERS. THANK YOU!

Clops still owned the Shroud March 4th, 2017

Last edited:

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
It's a keep on ice Isle and sometime between when I posted and about 10 minutes ago it was made private again. I collect porter tiles from idocs and make a point to see where they go to see if additional houses may fall. You'd be surprised at how often you end up behind locked doors to be honest. I actually found the cursor hands to be cooler btw, they make you do a double-take because they look just like your pointer(CC client). I'd never heard of them til yesterday and from what I read that too was a 1 of 1?

I have no intent to out anyone publicly, just keep an eye on the dupe situation. Are other items suddenly becoming more common too or is the duping from a while ago most likely? many items are sold between friends, perhaps the wiki can be more inclusive to possible dupe data? Each item has a unique ID in game(until it crosses shards anyway) and so actually counting the "limited number" items you know of on any single shard shouldn't be too hard with a little effort.

I would hold off on buying that shroud unless a GM confirms it's not a dupe, not that it's for sale right now. Just a heads up.

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a keep on ice Isle and sometime between when I posted and about 10 minutes ago it was made private again. I collect porter tiles from idocs and make a point to see where they go to see if additional houses may fall. You'd be surprised at how often you end up behind locked doors to be honest. I actually found the cursor hands to be cooler btw, they make you do a double-take because they look just like your pointer(CC client). I'd never heard of them til yesterday and from what I read that too was a 1 of 1?

I have no intent to out anyone publicly, just keep an eye on the dupe situation. Are other items suddenly becoming more common too or is the duping from a while ago most likely? many items are sold between friends, perhaps the wiki can be more inclusive to possible dupe data? Each item has a unique ID in game(until it crosses shards anyway) and so actually counting the "limited number" items you know of on any single shard shouldn't be too hard with a little effort.

I would hold off on buying that shroud unless a GM confirms it's not a dupe, not that it's for sale right now. Just a heads up.
Oh its duped and I bet that person saw this post and just removed every item out of that castle lol

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, if Clops was the last owner of it I guess that solves the mystery of where they came from... the EM who liked 1/1's and got fired for making his own rares as the last owner of the now duped 1/1 is a pretty solid guess.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was a cursor on Pacific years ago. Small little house in the swamp I watched for years. When house finally went into decay a Gm showed up and deleted Cursor saying it was illegal item.

blend

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
There was also a cursor in the very old rares museum on Hokuto.
It fell on IDoc with some awesome items About 5 years ago.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, if Clops was the last owner of it I guess that solves the mystery of where they came from... the EM who liked 1/1's and got fired for making his own rares as the last owner of the now duped 1/1 is a pretty solid guess.
I dunno, duping the uniques he owned didn't seem like his style. He created new stuff. I suppose it is possible, but making like 4 of those and giving or selling to the owner of that keep just seems weird.

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Yup, that's what the cursors looked like.

I thought Clops was accused of creating new items but if you have the power to do that it's not a stretch to think he re-created existing items as well. I've noticed that with some items people aren't happy with just one, they want multiples, like two of the now famously duped and duped again 2 story statues. Just a guess, maybe he did what many elite do and created a character of the same name on every account and he made copies of their outfits to dress them all the same? If so, maybe Mesanna missed some stuff? She didn't find his Ter Mur house for a couple of days after she confiscated the others from what I read.

That's just my guessing, I hope it's not some new dupe is all. Players already need to do research on any 1 of 1 item because most don't seem to be that anymore, which is sad.

I've been looking for entire wooden walls for years btw, they were in a wintermoore large tower for a long time and were created on day one of the game when many items could just be picked up and walked off with, lol. Do those still exist?

edit: Found a pic of the wooden walls inside the tower. If anyone knows where they are I'd love to know.
wintermoore.jpg

Link: Historic - Wintermoor Museum - Old Stratics
(Looks kinda sparse without EM items huh, lol)

Last edited:

Summoned

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since they are posting that they ban "x" amount of people a month for duping...is it safe to say....people are duping still!

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yup, that's what the cursors looked like.

I thought Clops was accused of creating new items but if you have the power to do that it's not a stretch to think he re-created existing items as well. I've noticed that with some items people aren't happy with just one, they want multiples, like two of the now famously duped and duped again 2 story statues. Just a guess, maybe he did what many elite do and created a character of the same name on every account and he made copies of their outfits to dress them all the same? If so, maybe Mesanna missed some stuff? She didn't find his Ter Mur house for a couple of days after she confiscated the others from what I read.

That's just my guessing, I hope it's not some new dupe is all. Players already need to do research on any 1 of 1 item because most don't seem to be that anymore, which is sad.

I've been looking for entire wooden walls for years btw, they were in a wintermoore large tower for a long time and were created on day one of the game when many items could just be picked up and walked off with, lol. Do those still exist?

edit: Found a pic of the wooden walls inside the tower. If anyone knows where they are I'd love to know.
View attachment 78659

Link: Historic - Wintermoor Museum - Old Stratics
(Looks kinda sparse without EM items huh, lol)
Sorry, but why was my post removed??? And by who: at least the courtesy to leave a name to contact!

I wasn't accusing anyone of anything: I was simply saying that a tower with that kind of wooden inside STILL is in ATL Fel Ice Island, and that from the Owner's name I supposed it was a certain person. Person that I was IN NO WAY ACCUSING OF DUPING!

Below is an image taken TODAY!

SR

Museum1.jpg

Last edited:

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was a cursor on Pacific years ago. Small little house in the swamp I watched for years. When house finally went into decay a Gm showed up and deleted Cursor saying it was illegal item.
I think I saw you there, it was an improperly placed Large House with Patio that had a singing ball in it too. One of the many ownerless houses from banned accounts that I reported back then on Pac. They got maybe 70% of them cleaned up. It was likely owned by FionanPac who posted about it here on Straics back in 2009 saying they had the cursor locked down in their house and got banned. The cursors were created with a bug in one of the first years of UO, if memory serves it had to do with the UOassist-like illegal third party program so definitely not unique.