• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Dungeon ; Armor Drops

Macrophage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,
I find the new dungeon to be much to hard. Those instant killing monsters are too strong imho. IT s very frutrating to have one pop on you and be instantly killed. They should at least give 2 or 3 "white" moves before killing you. The monsters that need you to stun them before you can do any actual damage are also too strong: not all classes have a stun.
Grouping is not an option for two reasons: the first is that there are too many options to be instantly killed that grouping wont prevent. The second reason is that if one character of the group dies he will be resummoned at the entrance of the dungeon and physically out of the group for good, due to lack of resurrection spell in the game.

Now about armor. All skills are very weak without armor. Unfortunately, pieces of armor are extremely hard to get and the games lacks of reliable ways to get it: bosses are not farmable due to slow respawn timers, and crafting is way too random.

Just my two cents.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Hey there and thanks for the feedback. I think some serious discussion needs to happen along these lines skill group weaknesses and balancing. My experience in the new dungeon was that I could manage solo with level 50 necro and cow, by being aware of what the Face said and letting the pets handle it. But I could not touch the boss. Most players I have seen cannot solo dungeons, but there are a couple who can solo freaking everything. I am curious if this is play style, or if its the strength of certain skill sets. And if the later, then some balancing issues need looked at, especially now that we have the arena.

Armor is also an issue for me. Crafting is good for skill buffs, but lack in armor rating, at least until blacksmithing is fleshed out. I can improve found metal armor with blacksmithing now. But soloing bosses is not something I can do, even at level 50.

Rojjin

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
guy who "solos freaking everything" here. Truth is, you are biting a snake that can bite back. Start smaller and earn the gear. EVERY skill has at least 2 stuns with proper gear

crafting is huge, armor value is not the end all survival mechanic you seem to think it is. I have a character with 300 and an alt with 800. There is a reason its my alt and not main

Last edited:

Macrophage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not exactly the "casual" player type and still I find it frustrating. I can spend time on training and will get the levels. But I seem to spend endless time farming or crafting and get nothing.

Gremror

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I actually like the difficulty of the new dungeon. I like that I can't step past the first room on my own without great difficulty, and that it forces grouping up. There's plenty of other dungeons you can go solo in, I think it right and proper to have group only dungeons.

That said, due to the amount of mobs in a small space, grouping past 3 becomes almost impossible.

Rojjin

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I farmed, gathered and crafted for 100+ hours a week, for 6+ months, while doing job searching. 2500 hours of work.. even with divided attention
and some things still stuff me like a turkey

Citan

Project: Gorgon Developer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the feedback! The new dungeon is definitely not supposed to be solo able. In fact I went out of my way this time to create combinations of monsters that would be extremely difficult to solo on a single character, to try to reinforce that. Because of balance issues it's still possible to solo it, but not at the intended level (of low 30s), where I believe you really will need a group to complete it.

RE: grouping being hard -- the drawback you mentioned would apply to all groups in any dungeon, so it sounds like a more general issue. I'm not sure if it needs fixing or not -- making death have even less sting than it does now seems like a dangerous road to travel down, since we already have people complaining about "zerging" (even the people who are zerging turn around and complain about how they are able to zerg...) but it's something I'm open to discuss. Maybe we go with a more traditional system where death costs you money (in the form of armor repairs needed, or whatever), and in turn we add the typical bevy of resurrection abilities.

RE: finding armor: there's actually a LOT of armor in the game -- I regularly hear complaints of there being TOO MUCH armor. So my guess is that the armor just isn't getting into the right places where it's needed. Have you tried hunting in the goblin dungeon beneath the Eltibule keep? You should be able to find good 30s gear there with only an hour or two of effort... and make a ton of cash in the process. Unless something has changed.

RE: balancing - yeah, the balance is out of whack in lots of places. And to be honest, it will ALWAYS be somewhat out of whack -- what's the fun in building and experimenting with different gear and abilities if there's no chance they'll be awesome? But right now some combinations are pretty egregiously broken, giving you the power of three or four players at once. I'll address these in a while... my approach to balancing is to do it only periodically, to let people experiment with different builds and then have a few months to enjoy the fruit of their experimentation, before ripping it all out and making them do it over again. So we're getting toward that point where people have found some crazy broken stuff, and have reaped the benefits. The hammer will fall soon (ish), and all new horrible imbalances will no doubt pop up as I add a bunch more abilities and gear.

(I also want to synchronize the changes to when there are more players on, because it will be harder to solo dungeons when I nerf stuff, and at that point there needs to be more people to group with.)

Rojjin

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I feel like at this point (low population) balance is at best ethereal.
very very few if any besides myself build gear up to the point that makes balance so off kilter. Fire could be a MONSTER but nobody has put the set together. Archery is insane, but needs the gear.

many things only "seem" over powered by comparison because of the lack of competitive gear

Rojjin

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
i really meant to address grouping as well but forgot. At the moment the single best group of 3 is going to be archery/mentalist. using manyshot stuns and stacked armor aura bonuses, replenish 150 armor to everyone 20 seconds, plus upwards of 40 armor every 2-3 seconds