• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Dev Forum

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So when are we going to see someone's question asked and answered? I was really looking forward to this board but it seems like it was a good concept, but it's going nowhere.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*chuckles* This forum was rolled out just as the holidays began... Please be patient.

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand that but I'm sure there are quite a few people asking questions, and the Devs and UO team haven't been posting FoFs to answer them, so I'm hoping that they start answering soon.

O

Omega9

Here's the question I posted:

Is there any chance of ever allowing us to wear more jewelry? After all we do have two wrists and ten digits. Two bracelets and two rings would be nice and would certainly make things more interesting. It would certainly help with completing a tight template, especially with all these new skills that have been added recently.

What do you guys think re wearing an extra ring and bracelet?

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Is there any chance of ever allowing us to wear more jewelry? After all we do have two wrists and ten digits. Two bracelets and two rings would be nice and would certainly make things more interesting. It would certainly help with completing a tight template, especially with all these new skills that have been added recently.

I personally think it would make players wayyyyyyyyyy tooo over powered.

C

Connor_Graham

Sure, we wouldn't have any overpowered templates with the ability to have an extra 2 skills at 120 each. Nah, that just wouldn't happen....

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Baaaaaaad idea. My questions were:
1.) Will we ever get a fix to house customizations so we don't have to redeed items like fountains of life and vanities before customizing?

2.) Will warriors or other non-mage characters ever get a rune tool in order to make runes as well?

O

Omega9

Now that I think about it, you're probably right. It would lead to some really over-powered templates. It's just that only being allowed one ring and one bracelet was the first thing to strike me as rather odd when I started playing UO just over a year ago ... guess it must be a "noob thing" on my part.

I like your idea of some sort of rune marking tool that doesn't require magery skill. Perhaps this could be done in the form of two new Chivalry spells, one to open gates and another to mark runes, or perhaps some sort of craftable (maybe using inscription) rune-marking tool.

A few more things that would be that might be interesting:

Some sort of chariot or wagon that would allow several players -- maybe there could be different types? -- to travel on it.

An option to add basements to houses.

Canons that can be used in combat.

A new hand-to-hand fighting skill that does damage equal with the other melee skills.

Some sort of system where you can invite any other player (this could work much like a party invite) to a duel in Trammel. This would certainly liven things up a bit at Luna Bank.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now that I think about it, you're probably right. It would lead to some really over-powered templates. It's just that only being allowed one ring and one bracelet was the first thing to strike me as rather odd when I started playing UO just over a year ago ... guess it must be a "noob thing" on my part.

I like your idea of some sort of rune marking tool that doesn't require magery skill. Perhaps this could be done in the form of two new Chivalry spells, one to open gates and another to mark runes, or perhaps some sort of craftable (maybe using inscription) rune-marking tool.

A few more things that would be that might be interesting:

Some sort of chariot or wagon that would allow several players -- maybe there could be different types? -- to travel on it.

An option to add basements to houses.

Canons that can be used in combat.

A new hand-to-hand fighting skill that does damage equal with the other melee skills.

Some sort of system where you can invite any other player (this could work much like a party invite) to a duel in Trammel. This would certainly liven things up a bit at Luna Bank.

I like all the ideas except the Canons being used in combat. :]

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate the basement idea. Just... ugh.
Maybe if you paid for a token for it, but jesus. People need to learn to stop hoarding and it wouldn't be a problem.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate the basement idea. Just... ugh.
Maybe if you paid for a token for it, but jesus. People need to learn to stop hoarding and it wouldn't be a problem.
I must of overlooked that... I agree , I think the house space they give for 18x18's and keeps are enough. That's just me though , I like to only have resources and deco in my house I prefer liquidize everything else into gold.

Pink Floyd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gate travel and mark should remain magery specific skills. Being a mage should mean something.

C

Connor_Graham

perhaps some sort of craftable (maybe using inscription) rune-marking tool.
When ML came out I kind of expected a Rune Carving Knife to, well, you know, carve runes....:twak:

Gate travel and mark should remain magery specific skills. Being a mage should mean something.
You don't have to have magery to cast mark. Just some jewels and a scroll.

O

Omega9

How about letting scribes etch a blank rune that can then be used by anyone to mark a spot by double-clicking it in your backpack?

M

mutau

How about letting scribes etch a blank rune that can then be used by anyone to mark a spot by double-clicking it in your backpack?
and maybe the scribes could imbed in the rune the mark, recall or gate spells in them. give some additional work to scribes.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is by far the best idea , and for Pink it gives us Mages an actual meaning. : ]

M

mutau

Yup. That is the best idea i've heard in a long time.