• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Design - Rooms

A

Ashyn

Hi everyone!

I was asked to do "something" for someone who likes "fishing." Here is the design and deco I came up with.

SE baskets were utilized for shelving-style storage (maximum storage in the smallest of spaces) in the interior of the hut.

The following day, I was asked by the manager of HoFD Auction house/Mall (Pacific) for one of my "stone kitchens." So here are two shots of the interior floors I designed and decoed for him (the exterior design work is all his - 4 connecting houses).

Second Floor Kitchen and Dining:

Third Floor Living Area (he has a fountain-fetish I guess, so I tried to do something more subtle with them):

-Ashyn

A

Azureal

Wow, do I ever love those stone benchtops. Only found out last night that I need to be a GM Carp to learn stone masonary. Le sigh. Time to start grinding.

S

Seasseragh

Great job, Ashyn!

Love the bedroll-sofas, is there a guide anywhere?

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Love the little island, and I think my favorite in the 2nd design is the "beige" room. :)

*edit* hooray! Someone is using the bedroll love seat! And I like your chair adaptation as well.

-Skylark

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love the island house!! The storage idea is a great solution!
I also love the bedroll couch!! I totally want to make those for my keep. Is there a guide somewhere with the how-to??

A

Ashyn

So when can I move in??? :thumbup:
Since I wasn't paid for the deco job, you can move into the second one whenever you want. :lol:

Dissapointing I've never had that happen, been completely ignored after doing a job (especially when I bought the gold from him to in-game purchase his deco - double whammy)....Thus ends my decoing for others. :rant2:

As for the bedroll loveseat once quite some time ago in the old forum and just made it from memory (or what my own mind twisted it into). I'm not sure if there is a guide, but hopefully, if there is, someone will point it out. I made those with the rarewood chest as the back support, bedrolls on top (simple stacking and raising). The front tile, just two benches with the square pillows (again, a simple stack). The sides are just bedrolls placed on the side tiles. It's actually very quick and simple to make - I should have experimented with the elven loveseat and bedrolls.

-Ashyn

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I came up with a bedroll loveseat a while back when Sarsmi's great looking monster sectional sofa would not fit in an area where someone wanted a couch (grrrrr). I don't have a copy of her sectional design which features the spread out bedrolls, and lots of pillows, to show.

There really isn't much to the loveseat - I just piled the rolled bedrolls after unrolling them and rolling them up to get the directions I wanted, and used 2 wooden thrones for the base with the rectangular shipwreck pillows on top so you can "sit" on the seat. Matching dyed cloth is below to fill in the gap. I used the rarewood chests for the back - it is nice because they block movement so you don't run through the sofa. A square throw pillow looks much better, but I didn't have one on hand when I did the design draft:

I really like Ashyn's version and how she scaled it down even further with a matching chair.

-Skylark

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since I wasn't paid for the deco job, you can move into the second one whenever you want. :lol:

Dissapointing I've never had that happen, been completely ignored after doing a job (especially when I bought the gold from him to in-game purchase his deco - double whammy)....Thus ends my decoing for others. :rant2:

-Ashyn
Wow...that is incredibly tacky that someone would do that, they should be ashamed! :eek:

Sorry that you got "stiffed" on a job. If it is any consolation, we love your work and will give you lots of praise, even if it isn't GP. :D

-Skylark

A

Ashyn

Wow...that is incredibly tacky that someone would do that, they should be ashamed! :eek:

Sorry that you got "stiffed" on a job. If it is any consolation, we love your work and will give you lots of praise, even if it isn't GP. :D

-Skylark

Thanks, Skylark - the praise is worth more than gold any day of the week!

All has been made right. I guess he wasn't online to pay me for the work, but he took care of it just a few moments ago. :thumbup:

-Ashyn

A

Ashyn

I came up with a bedroll loveseat a while back when Sarsmi's great looking monster sectional sofa would not fit in an area where someone wanted a couch (grrrrr). I don't have a copy of her sectional design which features the spread out bedrolls, and lots of pillows, to show.

There really isn't much to the loveseat - I just piled the rolled bedrolls after unrolling them and rolling them up to get the directions I wanted, and used 2 wooden thrones for the base with the rectangular shipwreck pillows on top so you can "sit" on the seat. Matching dyed cloth is below to fill in the gap. I used the rarewood chests for the back - it is nice because they block movement so you don't run through the sofa. A square throw pillow looks much better, but I didn't have one on hand when I did the design draft:

I really like Ashyn's version and how she scaled it down even further with a matching chair.

-Skylark
That's the one I saw and went from memory on. I remembered the rarewood chests and bedrolls as well as the pillows but had no idea (or memory of) what was under them, so I just guessed. Great job on that Skylark..I remember thinking how clever that was.

-Ashyn

Edit: Spelling is not my forte!

S

Seasseragh

Thanks for the bedroll sofa tips, I mostly wondered what chair/bench was used :)

F

Flora Green

I try to be as original and inventive as possible, but sometimes an idea of someone else's is just too good not to use. I love the look of the baskets on the shelves and the loveseat/chair. As much as I like neon hair and a pop of color such as with the original ToT dyes, most of the time I use subtle colors in my house designs and clothing. The beige and greys are so nice to see.

F

Flora Green

OH! I noticed on the top floor you have the fountains over? the oven chimney. Do they simply place over it without goza use or anything?

A

Ashyn

OH! I noticed on the top floor you have the fountains over? the oven chimney. Do they simply place over it without goza use or anything?
Yesm they do. Chimney first, fountain second. Hope that helps.

-Ashyn

F

Firedutch12

Ashlyn,

I just visited the house you deco'd for HOFD.......great design in person.....

I used to know the owner of that auction house before HOFD bought it.

That guy also camped my house for a full day a few weeks ago. Got kinda paranoid on whether I had things properly locked down lol......

Found out that he was taking my 4 house side by side design ideas.....

Its all good....as that is what we design for right...to share and lear from one another.

And thank you so very much for the ideas on the stone countertops....I stumbled into your house in Tokuno (I think it was you) and your nephew showed me around your house and your hubbies....mmmm I sure hope I have the right person...hehe...

Anyways...I decided to sign up in Stratics for future input instead of just
"lurking".

Great ideas everyone!!! Very inspirational as well..

A

Ashyn

Ashlyn,

I just visited the house you deco'd for HOFD.......great design in person.....

I used to know the owner of that auction house before HOFD bought it.

That guy also camped my house for a full day a few weeks ago. Got kinda paranoid on whether I had things properly locked down lol......

Found out that he was taking my 4 house side by side design ideas.....

Its all good....as that is what we design for right...to share and lear from one another.

And thank you so very much for the ideas on the stone countertops....I stumbled into your house in Tokuno (I think it was you) and your nephew showed me around your house and your hubbies....mmmm I sure hope I have the right person...hehe...

Anyways...I decided to sign up in Stratics for future input instead of just
"lurking".

Great ideas everyone!!! Very inspirational as well..
Hi Fire,

Yes, the Tokuno house was mine (with the hubby's beside mine). You have the right person. The only thing you are off in is the one you were talking to is my step-son (not nephew, unless he's decided not to claim me any more - ha ha). He's a sweetie. I was busy when you two were talking and didn't get to log in to do much explaining on the counters. Later, he took me to see your row of 4, but you were allready gone. Those are absolutely fantastic. Since then, quite a few people have said "you have to come see this" and open a gate to yours. I chuckle and say, "yeah, I have!" You should start charging admission. ha ha!!!!

-Ashyn

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love that little island and hut house - looks terrific Ashlyn!!!