• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New deed?

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a normal aquarium. I've made a large one and the deed looks like a close barrel. Then i put the old aquarium in deed and also it is a close barrel. I've tryed to put the old aquarium in another place of the same house and it seems that it works. But if i redeed it there is a barrel. It is a bug? The deeds now are like barrels?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some items turn into barrels. It been like this for years. The garden shed does that.

upload_2019-11-10_11-55-13.png

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If a deeded item can contain items and you re-deed it with an item in it, it will be a barrel. if you empty it and re-deed it, it will be a deed. haven't played around with the aquariums though.
No, the old aquarium was empty and when i've made the new large aquarium the deed was like a barrel and
obviously the aquarium was emply. But i don't care, the important thing is that it is normal and not a bug because it is the first time that i see these barrel deeds. Thanks :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If a deeded item can contain items and you re-deed it with an item in it, it will be a barrel. if you empty it and re-deed it, it will be a deed. haven't played around with the aquariums though.
Wash basin was empty. I figured the barrel is what those dirty elves need anyway.

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try unlocking the item before you redeed it. Use the "I wish to release this" command. I've used this with fountains of life returning them to deeds instead of barrels.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try unlocking the item before you redeed it. Use the "I wish to release this" command. I've used this with fountains of life returning them to deeds instead of barrels.
You can't say "I wish to release this" with the items placed with a deed because it says "This item is not locked down" and you have to use the hatchet. But it's not important. This is for me the first time that i see the barrel (some years ago i redeed an aquarium and there was a normal deed) and i only wanted to lnow if it was right. By the way thanks to all :)

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can't say "I wish to release this" with the items placed with a deed because it says "This item is not locked down" and you have to use the hatchet. But it's not important. This is for me the first time that i see the barrel (some years ago i redeed an aquarium and there was a normal deed) and i only wanted to lnow if it was right. By the way thanks to all :)
I just dug out my old aquarium and tested this for you.

1.If you chop the old large aquarium after placing it you will get the barrel in your backpack.

Now as I expected if instead of just chopping to remove it you first say "I wish to release this" and target the aquarium you get the message "Item is no longer locked down". Now when you chop it, a deed places in your pack instead of a barrel. :)

Good luck.

P.S. This is definitely not something new that has recently happened. Some items have turned to barrels for years, but the solution still works.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just dug out my old aquarium and tested this for you.

1.If you chop the old large aquarium after placing it you will get the barrel in your backpack.

Now as I expected if instead of just chopping to remove it you first say "I wish to release this" and target the aquarium you get the message "Item is no longer locked down". Now when you chop it, a deed places in your pack instead of a barrel. :)

Good luck.

P.S. This is definitely not something new that has recently happened. Some items have turned to barrels for years, but the solution still works.
Ok, thanks. The most important thing is that it is not a bug :)