• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New, Cool ATM Idea

G

ATM's in game serve one purpose.. To buy simoleans. Well, for us ATM owners, we spend 35,202 Exactly as of today to buy one, and it simply does nothing for us except give our guests the luxury of being able to use it, and we can use it as well.. But seriously, 35k for this should give us a bit more than that.. I think Maxis should give us an incentive program. You are rewarded for making sales on your ATM, each sale gives you a certain amount of simoleans, or a new rare like the Cannon refferal accept this will be for ATM's. After all, we spend 35k to put them in our shops, in my case, and make Maxis a whole bunch of money. What do we get out of it?

L

Laverne

I think EA Games should remove the "ATMs" completely and restore the payouts to a reasonable level where sims can make a living.

We already pay for our subscriptions, no need to pay them more money to play (assuming your sim can't make a living on his/her own).

Flame away.

I

imported_queenme

when and if they ever make the atms work both ways, as was promised when they first unveiled them way back when in tc3...then sure I agree, let the owners of them make a small fee on each transaction 5 bucks or sumthin but until they work properly, allowing us to sell simoleons as well as buy them...they are just another way for eagames to steal money from all of the poor addicted crackwhores mmmm i mean players

D

dinaj

allowing us to sell simoleons as well as buy them...they are just another way for eagames to steal money from all of the poor addicted crackwhores mmmm i mean players

LMAO .....

N

Noddy Bond

<blockquote><hr>

I think EA Games should remove the "ATMs" completely and restore the payouts to a reasonable level where sims can make a living.

We already pay for our subscriptions, no need to pay them more money to play (assuming your sim can't make a living on his/her own).

Flame away.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes you may pay your subscription but EA are opening up more posibilities to get new players into the game by bringing the ATMs, no ATMs theres no free accounts no free accounts no new players no new players good bye TSO.
The concept of buying money and being able to play for free surprisingly works well for example There and Second Life not forgetting there is oh so many free games out there now but premium items cost real money, FLYFF, Project Torque, Dungeon Runners, Last Chaos, Silk Road and many many more.
The alternative for free accounts is in game advertising which has worked really well for Anarchy Online.
So i personally do not see why your suggestion to remove the ATMs is a valid argument compared to all the games that have a similar setup and are doing well why should EA not try this themselfs it seems to work for everyone else and i dare say it will work for them as well, ok so you might have to work a little harder to get the millions that you achieved in production citys with relative ease but there is always the buy simoleans option that you can use

I

imported_CrazyGirl

<blockquote><hr>

ATM's in game serve one purpose.. To buy simoleans. Well, for us ATM owners, we spend 35,202 Exactly as of today to buy one, and it simply does nothing for us except give our guests the luxury of being able to use it, and we can use it as well.. But seriously, 35k for this should give us a bit more than that.. I think Maxis should give us an incentive program. You are rewarded for making sales on your ATM, each sale gives you a certain amount of simoleans, or a new rare like the Cannon refferal accept this will be for ATM's. After all, we spend 35k to put them in our shops, in my case, and make Maxis a whole bunch of money. What do we get out of it?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, ATM's are a wise investment for a store owner. If someone purchases simoleans from your ATM, they may actually buy something from your store. That's what you get out of having an ATM available.

IRL, stores are charged for different types of payments they can accept from their customers.

It's a good thing your ATM doesn't charge you a small fee everytime someone uses it. That would be more reality based, if it were that way.

G

Not sure if you guys mis understood my post or just took it a different direction, but this is not really where I wanted it to go lol. I love ATM's, and it will make an economy like other games like Second Life. When people know they can make money in game and then cash out for rl money directly to the game, will draw more and more people to the game. You are misunderstanding the idea of this.. Maxis will make money, but we will also.. It will make a secure, worry free in and out transaction. I don't understand how you are complaining about that OPTION. If you do not like it, don't use it. Now, enough of that.. Back to my point. For us ATM owners, we should recieve some reward FROM MAXIS, not out of the sims who use the ATM. After all, we are making money for Maxis, so they should reward us.

L

Laverne

<blockquote><hr>

Yes you may pay your subscription but EA are opening up more posibilities to get new players into the game by bringing the ATMs, no ATMs theres no free accounts no free accounts no new players no new players good bye TSO.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is it a "free account" if a player has to buy $$? How about allowing the free player the ability to earn a little cash? It will give them an idea how the game works and it's far more rewarding than giving EA Games even more money?

We aren't playin SL or "There". EALand will no longer have any gaming aspect to it and truly will become another prettily decorated chat room. Allowing players the ability to make a decent work wage or make a decent payout gives some insentive for strategy.

You made some valid points yet say mine are not valid beacuse we have 2 different concepts on how this game should be.

This is simply my opinion...one voice...and I doubt anything at all will be changed because of my opinion.

The 'game' is going in the direction of "SL" and "There" so you folks that like that sort of thing will be happy. I still retain the right to voice my opinion

G

Not quite sure who you are directing this at? And not sure what your trying to say? You think we should not have ATM's or what? I am confused on your post.. lol

G

This is why we NEED ATM's: First, when people buy simoleans, it does in fact make Maxis money.. BUT.. More people will be selling than buying. Simply because many want to make a few bucks for their hard work on this game. I think it is awesome that we can actually cash out straight to the game. WE NEED this for one main reason, to drain the economy. No one will have millions and millions, because people will constantly be selling simoleans when they get rich. This is the best way to keep the economy settle and stable.

Economy low and stable, an incentive to play, and a large economy drain makes this an AWESOME and ESSENTIAL idea.

L

Laverne

Colbster,

Sorry if I wasn't clear. Got a bad flu bug and still on my first cup of coffee

My reply to your original post about ATMs was simply my opinion that we shouldn't have them at all. I know that won't happen but I can still vent a little about my issues I have with ATMs.

As far as owners getting some sort of kick back from the use of them I say why not? Doesn't really make any difference anymore.

I know you love the ATMs...not going to slam you for that, however, I still like the idea of having a EA Bank. Instead of just buying money from EA Games, take out a loan that has to be paid back (something similar to Sim City). I'm no techy nor am I an economical genius. Just a simple gamer who loves the challenge of game play.

I can see a lot of sims in debt...lol but at least it keeps real life money out of the equation.

G

I think you bring up a good point.I love the idea of having an EA Bank, and having the option to have a loan. Of course, there would be certain standards, interest rates, etc. Also, savings accounts with interest rates would be cool too. But still think there needs to be an economic drain and accordance to rl money. This will not lead us down the path of Second Life, if we only do this.. If we take this and keep going with more and more economic changes, yes, it will not be good. But having a simple cash in cash out ATM is very good. Sims already cash out/in to each other.. But it is more risky. Having an ATM just takes scamming out of the equation.

I

imported_queenme

no colbster sorry I disagree...having the atm does not take scamming out of the picture unfortunately...though IF AND WHEN they have a FULLY FUNCTIONING atm, that actually allows you to get cash out for simoleons you put in...that COULD potentially MINIMIZE the scamming and help keep a more stable economy, however...big GIANT HOWEVER here...

thats not how the atms work...all they do now is line eagames coffers...cash in simoleons out, thats it...does absolutely nothing to help the economy, just skews it further by adding an unlimited amount of new simoleons into the economy, since you can bet there is no plan to "shut off" the atm when there is "too much money in the economy" oh ya, that excuse mmm I mean reason, only makes sense when used to justify lowering object payouts and job pay...
point is, they do not care about keeping a "stable economy" unless it will make eagames richer

notice how interesting it is that there has been absolutely zero discussion of when they will make the atms work to accept simoleons in exchange for paying OUT rl cash to players? they mentioned that way back in the beginning repeatedly to justify how great these atms were, then once they felt the community was sold on the idea, amazingly, they only work to take rl money not give it...convenient...

and try asking a dev about when they will work both ways...they will quickly change the subject and provide no information whatsoever about even a possible timeframe...why do you think that is? I think it's because they have no intention of ever making the atms work both ways, that was simply a marketing ploy to get us all to want them in the game.

theres my 50 cents worth for the morning

G

I dont understand why people think its so greedy for EA to want to profit from this game. Everyone is like "well you are making it hard to make money so we have to use the ATM" well that may or may not be true, but they have not taken away other ways of making money and there are free accounts now that dont have to buy money.

so what is the big deal? EA needs a profit. If you dont want to use the ATM dont. I never have and i make a great living just hangin out and going to the robot factory or whatnot.

And yes i think that since atm owners are making money for ea essencially, they should be paid and rewarded

G

<blockquote><hr>

no colbster sorry I disagree...having the atm does not take scamming out of the picture unfortunately...though IF AND WHEN they have a FULLY FUNCTIONING atm, that actually allows you to get cash out for simoleons you put in...that COULD potentially MINIMIZE the scamming and help keep a more stable economy, however...big GIANT HOWEVER here...

thats not how the atms work...all they do now is line eagames coffers...cash in simoleons out, thats it...does absolutely nothing to help the economy, just skews it further by adding an unlimited amount of new simoleons into the economy, since you can bet there is no plan to "shut off" the atm when there is "too much money in the economy" oh ya, that excuse mmm I mean reason, only makes sense when used to justify lowering object payouts and job pay...
point is, they do not care about keeping a "stable economy" unless it will make eagames richer

notice how interesting it is that there has been absolutely zero discussion of when they will make the atms work to accept simoleons in exchange for paying OUT rl cash to players? they mentioned that way back in the beginning repeatedly to justify how great these atms were, then once they felt the community was sold on the idea, amazingly, they only work to take rl money not give it...convenient...

and try asking a dev about when they will work both ways...they will quickly change the subject and provide no information whatsoever about even a possible timeframe...why do you think that is? I think it's because they have no intention of ever making the atms work both ways, that was simply a marketing ploy to get us all to want them in the game.

theres my 50 cents worth for the morning

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, now this is I could not disagree with more.. The devs have in fact promised us that there will be a cash out system put in place.. They simply have to build up a fund so that when people want to cash out, Maxis will have the money behind it to pay off that money. They have to make some in order to start spending some. You know Maxis well enough by now that they are not going to pull money out of their pocket, they have to make money first.

G

Beatty, I agree with you. EA does need to make a profit, BUT that is not the main reason ATM's are good.. Not even close. ATM's are good for an economic drain and secure way to get in/out. People are confusing the idea that some will buy simoleans, yes, but man more will sell. People leaving the game, or looking to make money to pay off their work will be cashing out. Trust me, more people will be out than in as the economy gets stronger and stronger.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Flame away.

[/ QUOTE ]

200% Total agreeance!!!! you hit the nail on the head,, FORGET ATMs, I will not visit a lot with one, and when I do I leave, ATMS = root to all the down fall of the game! and if you put one on your lot, make it so no one can get to it with warning signs of fraud and scammage to any who use...

I

imported_Gracie Nito

When the original designs of ATMs were discussed, I was given the impression that they ATM does not put unlimited funds into the game. The simoleans purchased on the ATM comes from a pool of simoleans that were already drained out of the economy by either players, restocking their fridge, or purchasing objects from catalog, hiring a repair man, paying to upload custom content, etc.

If the ATM is connected directly to the drains built into the economy then the use of them does not affect the game anymore than players making simoleans.

G

lol.. I got nothing to say after that comment. You could not be any more messed up in the head lol.. no offense. From an economic plan, there would be no major drain.. I dont understand why people would not want to make money from playing a game..?? What is the bad part? My god.. You must have no economis background.. scary

P

Paula777

IMO, ATM's are a wise investment for a store owner. If someone purchases simoleans from your ATM, they may actually buy something from your store. That's what you get out of having an ATM available.

IRL, stores are charged for different types of payments they can accept from their customers.

It's a good thing your ATM doesn't charge you a small fee everytime someone uses it. That would be more reality based, if it were that way.

They might spend some of purchased simoleans there but .. atm's are not payment terminals ....

well you tried girl