• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New content for April event maybe?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
so if you can go directly to last quest objective why i will give a hook map for first step?

Honestly we won't know until it's actually live and active...but we MIGHT need that little statue thingy for something else?

As of now we have 10 different items to collect, the statue and trinket box are the 2 constant items, the other 8 (maybe more) items we can get over and over.

Hopefully since they are doing all the set up today it will actually go live tomorrow and we'll find out for sure!

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
After reading this thread I'm excited and confused lol. Has the new arc actually started or is it some piecemeal sort of thing (ie you can't get all the rewards listed on uo-cah on every shard)?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
After reading this thread I'm excited and confused lol. Has the new arc actually started or is it some piecemeal sort of thing (ie you can't get all the rewards listed on uo-cah on every shard)?

The only reward that seems to be an issue is the statue thingy. The others are easily....or not so easily obtainable. The *kill 4534863148631 mobs over and over* quest is a repeatable quest.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think I saw someone else post on this but doesn't look like Deathwatch beetles are giving credit when killed in the Sleeping Dragon spawn? I killed 20-30 and got zero credit. Kappa's and Rev Lions worked though.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Really glad I spent over a month getting 8million points just to get a stupid statue. What a waste of 15 mythical cargo to get a hook's map

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You need to kill death watch beetles NOT HATCHLINGS. so you need level 2 of the Tokuno spawn

Or go to Crane Marsh, there's Deathwatch Beetles and Kappa there OR to the area just west of Isamu moongate there are some there along with Revenant Lions Or up in the Waste. Plenty of area's where they spawn you do NOT have to do the Sarado Spawn

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Really glad I spent over a month getting 8million points just to get a stupid statue. What a waste of 15 mythical cargo to get a hook's map
I turned 4.8M doubloons into 480M gold the first 2 hours when Palm trees came out.
The shields sell as fast as I can put them on a vendor.

Im at 0 doubloons every day I sell things so quick. I guess nobody plays on Atlantic...

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Made this rune book on Sonoma for PAS
4-13-210011.jpg
really no need for the start up part, except to get the open Tin and the little statue.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Made this rune book on Sonoma for PAS
View attachment 118572
really no need for the start up part, except to get the open Tin and the little statue.

Yeah but we might need those items in the future. Don't tell people not to do it because if we DO need them later they will be pissed.

Better to be safe then sorry and it doesn't take long to get the hooks map.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I kind of think the statue is just like the mini statue dart boards from the Guardian spawn... or like the invasion map from Deceit treasures event. No real use aside from cool decoration.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well having done the quest I get this scrap of crap that tells me the sum of 1 and 4 is 5. Please tell me that of the 8 rewards possible the earings are not the ONLY item worth getting and that this is totally random. So you could blow millions of points and still not get a decent random drop.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well having done the quest I get this scrap of crap that tells me the sum of 1 and 4 is 5. Please tell me that of the 8 rewards possible the earings are not the ONLY item worth getting and that this is totally random. So you could blow millions of points and still not get a decent random drop.
You don’t have to use any points to do the quest for the 8 items. Just go to the quest giver and do the quest. One character can repeat it as many times you want.1 item is the earrings that are wearable and 7 deco items.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You don’t have to use any points to do the quest for the 8 items. Just go to the quest giver and do the quest. One character can repeat it as many times you want.1 item is the earrings that are wearable and 7 deco items.
ahh ok so the map is to get the crap little statue? Seems that the Hook Map for 150k points was a waste of those points. I thought it was gonna be some kinda treasure map not just a quest hand in.

Last edited:

SevenDF

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I doubt the Hooks Map quest already ended. I think the next part of it isn’t live yet (at least I hope so ^^).

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
i think that the items we get are puzzle pieces.....

When we turn in that quest we are *One step closer* to finding Yukio....each item has a description....a very interesting description that I feel are clues....why else would they allow that part to be done over and over but the first one only once?

I feel that we may NEED to have all of the items and use them somehow....

Maybe that's just wishful thinking but I know it's not over because we still have to find Yukio and I don't know about anyone else but I would LOVE to know where Arturio ran off to!

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Yeah but we might need those items in the future. Don't tell people not to do it because if we DO need them later they will be pissed.

Better to be safe then sorry and it doesn't take long to get the hooks map.
updated

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
i think that the items we get are puzzle pieces.....

When we turn in that quest we are *One step closer* to finding Yukio....each item has a description....a very interesting description that I feel are clues....why else would they allow that part to be done over and over but the first one only once?

I feel that we may NEED to have all of the items and use them somehow....

Maybe that's just wishful thinking but I know it's not over because we still have to find Yukio and I don't know about anyone else but I would LOVE to know where Arturio ran off to!
1618428559176.png

I think we will find all of that out next month.
I think all of these Items we need to read, to figure out the next event too

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
View attachment 118593

I think we will find all of that out next month.
I think all of these Items we need to read, to figure out the next event too
I was expecting this to be like the quest where we found the tree that gave us the location of the upcoming spawn.
But it didn't happen that way.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I thought so too...but I guess we have a whole month to get the items we need....

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe it will be the Sleeping Dragon spawn or a blank spot in Tokuno.

Think of the worst critters that they would choose. Then we fight Yokio in Simidar skin.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Serado would be cool...throw some yamadons, rune beetles and revenant lions in there with the occasional ronan popping up on you..

WEEEEe!!!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Exactly then like there were 1000 Ogre lords at the black gate. We would have 1000 Onis.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i think that the items we get are puzzle pieces...
I don't think so. I could be wrong but history has shown most items like this are basically just deco. Look back at the location of invasion maps that were Deceit rewards. We thought it would do something and never did. That paired with if/when they stop this event and those items don't spawn anymore then people will say they didn't have enough time to collect them all.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't think so. I could be wrong but history has shown most items like this are basically just deco. Look back at the location of invasion maps that were Deceit rewards. We thought it would do something and never did. That paired with if/when they stop this event and those items don't spawn anymore then people will say they didn't have enough time to collect them all.

Possibly....this is what Kyronix said about the items over on the UO Forums:

Have you double clicked on the items? The true purpose and intent of these rewards is the backstory contained within.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Possibly....this is what Kyronix said about the items over on the UO Forums:

Have you double clicked on the items? The true purpose and intent of these rewards is the backstory contained within.
What good is an item that looks just like every other item in-game if you have to double click it for it to be interesting? I mean really do we want to go around double-clicking everything in the game???? Not I... They seriously are terribly lazy... if they can't at the very least give it a new hue... How hard would that be? And how horrible is it to rehue something? Put some effort in.... it's obvious that they can't do that since they can't even run spell check or anything... And they obviously don't proofread.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
What good is an item that looks just like every other item in-game if you have to double click it for it to be interesting? I mean really do we want to go around double-clicking everything in the game???? Not I... They seriously are terribly lazy... if they can't at the very least give it a new hue... How hard would that be? And how horrible is it to rehue something? Put some effort in.... it's obvious that they can't do that since they can't even run spell check or anything... And they obviously don't proofread.

Because that's what makes them different???

They are putting more energy into storyline and not new deco....oh the horrors!!!

It's okay that's you....I love the story and trying to find clues and figure stuff out.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The deco drops should of been from the quest only, let the rpers do their thing...

But the earrings tho, they should of dropped either :
1 : from a current boss revamp of its loot
or
2 : from a new encounter boss

For such a power item , it shouldnt drop from a childish 30 minute quest .

Let's compare sash items with these earrings : 5 DCI vs 15 sdi and 125 luck... seems balanced.

Imo the earrings should of been no more than 5 sdi, not talking how they crushed previous earrings stats, but now they just made it pretty hard to introduce new earrings artifact in the future... what are the next earrings going to looks like power creep ? 15 HCI with 25% enhance potions ?

Balance in this game...

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
While I don't disagree that there is absolutely a power creep issue at play here, I think the Dev team has basically written it off as unsolvable. Similar to the gold issue. Without trading (buying/selling stuffs or even being gifted gold) with other players, it's impossible to get to the amount of gold that people have nowadays.

The Dev team's answer to both issues is New Legacy a. To hell with regular servers, they're being written off as unfixable.

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ok so im guessing the shard bound items are quest item you will need to the next part, items like abacus, action figure and of course earrings are cool little decorations and equipment, i see alot of haters of the action figure but i personaly like it, cant please everyone, but has anyone else noticed as of today the tin is no longer there on the ground?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
ok so im guessing the shard bound items are quest item you will need to the next part, items like abacus, action figure and of course earrings are cool little decorations and equipment, i see alot of haters of the action figure but i personaly like it, cant please everyone, but has anyone else noticed as of today the tin is no longer there on the ground?
Maybe they just need to re-populate it. I know that you were able to click it twice and get 2 trinkets so maybe they just ran out?