• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) New computer day!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excited! Acer Aspire V17 Nitro, if anyone is curious. Anyone play Cities: Skylines? Thinking I'm going to play that till Pillars of Eternity comes out, and then no one hears from me for a week. Super excited to play that game, and on my fancy new laptop to boot! :D

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excited! Acer Aspire V17 Nitro, if anyone is curious. Anyone play Cities: Skylines? Thinking I'm going to play that till Pillars of Eternity comes out, and then no one hears from me for a week. Super excited to play that game, and on my fancy new laptop to boot! :D
Sounds great, looked up the specs, nice. How's it doing on the heat side, I burnt an Acer laptop up in less than 2 years. Make sure you got it well cooled and ventilated.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds great, looked up the specs, nice. How's it doing on the heat side, I burnt an Acer laptop up in less than 2 years. Make sure you got it well cooled and ventilated.
Sadly It probably wont be here till this evening. But I work third shift so I'll be asleep all day anyway. From what I have read it seems to have solid cooling.

Retlaw of Vesper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just pre-ordered Pillars of Eternity, looks good. If you like that game style I highly recommend Divinity: Original Sin.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Must be that time of year... Expecting delivery next week of my new Sager/Clevo 8651.. ^^

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
saw Pillars of Eternity on steam - looks very titans quest or perhaps ice wind dale.
I will certainly try this one out!!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
saw Pillars of Eternity on steam - looks very titans quest or perhaps ice wind dale.
I will certainly try this one out!!
It's actually made by members of the team that made Icewind dales series, and other classic black isles/bioware games! Basically it's just that next step in the line of games, but with a new IP rather than d&d. Happily for me, those infinity engine rpgs are still probably in the top of my list of all time favorite games. :D

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just gotta one up me in the GPU department don't you... and others. :sad2:
Heh. I'm gearing up for more demanding games than UO of course. In order to compete in PvP in games like GW2, SWtOR, Neverwinter, Firefall, etc. you have to literally sell a kidney to get a machine that'll perform. :p

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heh. I'm gearing up for more demanding games than UO of course. In order to compete in PvP in games like GW2, SWtOR, Neverwinter, Firefall, etc. you have to literally sell a kidney to get a machine that'll perform. :p
Yeah I really only play sims, strategys like civilization and indie games on my computer, (use ps4 for actiony games) so It didn't seem prudent to get anything better. Just solid with a nice big screen. Should last me a good five years as my last one did.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I really only play sims, strategys like civilization and indie games on my computer, (use ps4 for actiony games) so It didn't seem prudent to get anything better. Just solid with a nice big screen. Should last me a good five years as my last one did.
Absolutely.. 5 years is a good stretch for some of the newer computers. I've noticed that many of the web based games are starting to bump up their GPU recommendations lately. Makes me wonder just how much more demanding newer MMO style games are going to be down the road. Sheesh.. in the past 10 years alone computers have evolved faster than 50 years of the automobile. :p

Even with 16gb RAM and a 500gb SSD drive and the latest nVidia card.. I'm wondering if my new rig is going to have a shelf life of longer than 2 years. :(