• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Macefighting] new char out of old dexer ... need advice

• Thread starter bombvoyage
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
B

bombvoyage

Hi everyone ...

i have a char with the following skills and would like to build a pvm character to farm some high lvl monsters.

I have 710 skillpoints:

Here are the skills i have atm:

100 Anatomy
100 Macefighting
100 Fencing
100 Resist
100 Tactics
100 Healing
And some Magery

Any idea what i could do with those skills ???

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Put either mace or fencing on a soulstone. Train the other one to 120. Those two actions should be a good start. Add Bushido, Chivalry or both if you can. At the very least - if you have Chivalry you no longer need Magery for Recall-travelling, so you can get rid of Magery (Magery is easily trained nowadays, you don't lose much). A lot of players will tell you that you should either use 120 Magic Resist or no Magic Resist at all, as only 120 Resist is of any use. If you go the Sampire route you might need to choose either Anatomy or Resist but not both and most Sampires don't have healing. Healing isn't very fun to train, so if you don't use it for a while I will recommend a soulstone for that skill, too. Magic Resist is said to be trained extremely easily and swiftly nowadays. So if you want to go without Magic Resist for just a while, I think it can be trained to 120 in very few hours.

Then again, we are talking about UO, so you can always change your character completely. Even more viable template ideas: Discordance-Melee, Throwing-Bushido-Chivalry (only Gargoyles can use the Throwing Skill), Throwing-Mysticism, Taming-Melee, Taming-Throwing, Taming-Archery.

It depends on your desire of what you want to achieve and how much time, efforts, gold or crafting you are willing to invest. The easiest route would include Chivalry, Bushido and Parrying (another very fast skill to train). The Sampire is considered a high end warrior type if you want to try that.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What kRUXCg7 said is about right there are many options but at this point you want to pick one weapon skill and take that to 120. Then the question is what do you want your primary healing method to be. There is leeching (the sampire route), bandages (the healing skill route), spells (chiv route) and pots and associated skills. Each one of these has advantages and disadvantages. For example while leeching is easiest if your not hitting and damaging something your primary healing method is out. Bandages mean you need to have high dex not just high stamina and is still a bit slow and you can run out of bandages. Spells mean you must have mana and you can be disrupted in a fight which can get you killed. Pots means you have to have a free hand and pots all the time, bushido is primarily about avoiding damage and hp regn with confidence and mysticism is similar to chiv but with the benifit of healing stones. Once you pick that you can move on to picking which weapon is best and matching the skills on the temp. No matter how you do it the odds are good that your going to end up swapping out magery for chiv (84 is the magical number that gives you all the benifits but you can run with less if points are tight) and bushido which helps damage and adds some nice spells (bushido also allows you to parry with just a weapon but penalies you for using a shield. Once you pick that let us know and we can help you go from there.

B

bombvoyage

hmm i guess possible templates would be the best for me. What i like to do with the char:

• attend in champ spawns
  • solo higher lvl mobs and spawns
  • NO pvp
  • ONLY pvm
  • able to usw runes (recall or something similar)
sooo i guess good dmg/survivability with a travel option would sum it up

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
hmm i guess possible templates would be the best for me. What i like to do with the char:

• attend in champ spawns
  • solo higher lvl mobs and spawns
  • NO pvp
  • ONLY pvm
  • able to usw runes (recall or something similar)
sooo i guess good dmg/survivability with a travel option would sum it up

Make a Sampire and you'll be good.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes for what your looking at the Sampire is your best bet. I would recommend fencing as it gives you the leaf blade which has the feint special ability. Travel would be via the Chiv spell sacred journey which works pretty much exactly like recall. The required skills are 99 (100 is easier) necromancy (you will operate in vampire form all the time), 120 weapon skill, tactics of at least 90 (120 works well but there are many varities and you might want to find which one is best for you), 120 Busido, 84 chiv. At this point your looking at skills that help anatamy is a good choice for extra damage but adding in resist can really help against mobs that cast necro spells as a blood oath can really hurt you. Healing can be run if you want to work in a group and add in another healing method but it is not necessary. Parry is a great skill to have as it will really help you avoid hits and will reduce the amount of mana required for specials. Look for weapons with armor ignore and check the sampire threads for starting up. If you have anymore questions just ask but remember there is no one way to run a sampire temp.