• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Changes with T hunting are on Test Center

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Changed:

The new round of testing is on TC now. Testing Remove Trap timer and other changes to the Loot.

Go test and report when they Make a new thread on the UO Test Center forums.

:danceb:Thanks in advance to all that test!:cheerleader:

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new t-hunting stuff seems to be in. Dug up a warrior stash chest and got the normal piddly spawn. Then used remove trap skill on it (set at GM). Got the message "You delicately manipulate the trigger mechanism..." Then nothing happened for a few seconds and the same message appeared and then the message, "You successfully disarm the trap!" Was able to open it and it had a gold gem bag and some randomly generated items. Luck was 1100 on that character (1000 when she dug it up since she swapped to cartography glasses instead of her hat). None of the items was better than greater magic and they're all worthless, but again it was a stash level chest so that isn't at all surprising.

Obviously will need more testing to find out when the ancient chest guardians appear and what they're like. But there definitely seems to be a timer involved. I only used the remove trap skill once...everything else that happened proceeded on its own.

using rt on a chest may 28 publish to tc.jpg warrior stash chest may 28.jpg

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tried another stash level chest with only 50 remove trap skill. It took a lot longer this time. There were, in total, six of the the messages about delicately manipulating the trigger mechanism. With each one after the first, there was a spawn of an ancient chest guardian that did fire damage (in this case, they were mongbats and zombies because it was a stash chest.) As with the first chest, eventually you get a message about the trap being successfully disarmed. After the trap was successfully disarmed, the corpses of those critters disappeared. When they spawned, they were of a dark bluish color. Was able to keep the character hidden from before using remove trap skill until the first monster spawned and the fire damage caused her to be revealed. As above, the process was all automated and I don't know what you could do to modify it other than getting too far away from the chest and having to start over again.

This time, had 3500 luck on the suit and the loot was almost as poor as the first one but there was a supply t-map in the chest along with the gem and gold bag. Again, it's a stash chest so I wouldn't expect great loot out of it and to be honest, I probably won't collect the loot from stash chests if this is the way things stay. But someone working on imbuing might want to take it to unravel it for ingredients.

ancient chest guardian message.jpg

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
None of the items was better than greater magic and they're all worthless, but again it was a stash level chest so that isn't at all surprising.
Remember, it is all the RNG. Getting at least the same amount or more Artifact level items in the 2 high chests as we do now means that type loot has a chance to be better or same.

Armor and weapons are what would make me dig them up. Others can let you know what they expect.

:cheerleader:Thanks for continuing testing! :cheerleader:

Have fun!

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I won't get into details, because at this point I'm tired of all this. However, I just want to say for right now that if things stay as is, treasure hunting with 0 remove trap skill is going to be very, very frustrating, even on the lower end chests such as supply chests. So get ready to do some remove trap training the hard way and make sure your suit has the highest fire resist you can manage and be ready to heal, heal, heal and at the same time keep casting EVs or whatever it is you do to kill stuff if you want to be ready to do treasure hunting when this pubish hits. Unless you are a real glutton for punishment, running 0 remove trap skill will ruin this part of the game for you.

Oh and I'll say it first: The loot is still junk even with 3600 luck on the stash and supply chests. That's all I've had time to do yet. Hopefully it's worth the ordeal on the higher end chests, especially if you decide to run 0 remove trap and even if you go in a (death) party.

Be sure and go check it out yourself. My negativity could be mostly be a result of burnout with testing. More people need to actually go and try it out so you can answer Kyronix when you give your feedback and he asks if you actually went and tried it.

I've been training remove trap on Origin since last Friday, from 4-6 hours per day, completely attended and making every click of the mouse manually, and it's still only at 86. It's as horrid as I remember and I'm 100% sure that my annoyance from doing it is severely coloring my reaction to this latest round of the publish.

EDITED TO ADD: At 86 remove trap on supply chests, getting one chest guardian to spawn. Note that they all cause damage to everyone in the party.

And they didn't fix the interior size of the gold and gem bags, so everything else you throw in them all ends up piled up in the bottom third of the bag.

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Thanks for testing @Tina Small, as I already said I won't be training Remove Trap, if I stand around clicking a mouse over and over I will kill my hand, it's not worth it. I'm starting the clear out of my Keep today, it's been a fun 3 years but I guess this is the end for me. :(

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I just read this posted by Tina... I get tendonitis in my right hand.

I've been training remove trap on Origin since last Friday, from 4-6 hours per day, completely attended and making every click of the mouse manually, and it's still only at 86. It's as horrid as I remember and I'm 100% sure that my annoyance from doing it is severely coloring my reaction to this latest round of the publish.
I use the EC to avoid unnecessary clicking, I only do things nowadays with limited running around and limited clicking, I haven't trained any skills that required a lot of clicking for over 2 years.

Tarragon Slayer/MZB

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I won't be training Remove Trap, if I stand around clicking a mouse over and over I will kill my hand, it's not worth it
I too suffer from RSI, so I understand it's not simple.

When I read that remove trap would probably be required, aproximately 4 weeks ago, I started skilling up my treasure hunter the old-fashioned way, with trapped tinkered boxes. While the system isn't ideal, with clever UOAssist macros, you can reduce the number of mouseclicks drastically.
If treasure hunting means a lot to you, this might be a solution for you. The process is tedious, but I brought my character from 80 to 90 in 4 weeks, and still have saved 2 alacrity scrolls for the final bit. As long as I'm not GM yet, I can concentrate on the stashes, supplies and caches (hoping to gain with those as well).

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just read this posted by Tina... I get tendonitis in my right hand.

I use the EC to avoid unnecessary clicking, I only do things nowadays with limited running around and limited clicking, I haven't trained any skills that required a lot of clicking for over 2 years.
Be sure you check out the puzzle training boxes on TC to find out if those might work for you, ShriNayne. It's still a lot of clicking, but maybe there is enough dead time while you're waiting for them to reset after failures and while you consider a move to make doing them slightly less repetitive. Or try training from trapped boxes already in the game so you cut out all of the steps of setting of traps and only have to click through the steps of disarming them. I also noticed that actually doing the maps and using remove trap skill on the chests you raise can give you a gain. At 0 skill, if you have RT set to raise, you might get a bump in the skill of 3.5 or so. Of course, you have to actually have the map, find the chest, kill the initial spawn, and then successfully survive the multiple spawnings of ancient chest guardians to get those gains, and your armor's probably going to be falling apart from all of the fire damage. But if the RNG is in your favor, you might get a few more gains in that time than you would by training RT with any other method.

This is going to be a bummer if you use a treasure hunter character on multiple shards. Lots of mining and LJ and feather gathering if you aren't sitting on a good supply already. (That's what ticking me off on Origin, because I'd already used up most of my iron ingots on cannonballs. Oh well to hunting for tritons, I guess.)

EDITED TO ADD: I still strongly suggest people go try this out on TC before making any feedback on the official forum. Try out the maps with various levels of RT skill, try out the puzzle trainers, and then figure out how you would raise RT skill on a regular shard. Ask your self if this is really fun and worth all the effort, not only for yourself, but for anyone else you know who plays UO, whether they are die hards who play hours every day or just a few hours per month.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I too suffer from RSI, so I understand it's not simple.

When I read that remove trap would probably be required, aproximately 4 weeks ago, I started skilling up my treasure hunter the old-fashioned way, with trapped tinkered boxes. While the system isn't ideal, with clever UOAssist macros, you can reduce the number of mouseclicks drastically.
If treasure hunting means a lot to you, this might be a solution for you. The process is tedious, but I brought my character from 80 to 90 in 4 weeks, and still have saved 2 alacrity scrolls for the final bit. As long as I'm not GM yet, I can concentrate on the stashes, supplies and caches (hoping to gain with those as well).
Broadsword will have to pay the GMs extra for the next six months to ignore all of the unattended macroing this change is going to cause.

North_LS

Journeyman
Broadsword will have to pay the GMs extra for the next six months to ignore all of the unattended macroing this change is going to cause.
nobody cares about unattended skill gain anymore. as long as it isnt monopolizing content other players use or auto-farming loot, you're probably good to go. we're all old now, we've trained our skills a hundred times over the hard way, if someone wants to gm a skill in their house while they're asleep these days, its just fine with me.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I will post my exact item findings when I get back home as I kind of just threw stuff in a bag last night as it was getting late.

My initial observation was this (I did 2 Ranger Trove chests in Fel):
THE GOOD
  • The loot AMOUNT was certainly increased this round. Both chests I opened were metal and had 43 items (granted 13-15 items were the gem bags w/ piles of gold + gems).
  • Both chest I opened had TWO scrolls of alacrity + THREE power scrolls! Certainly a major increase from the last couple TC rounds. The PS were a mix of +5 & +10. I wasn't the biggest advocate of them adding PS to chests so I'd be fine with no scrolls BUT I think if they are going to be in there that they should just be +10 (no +5). Instead of +5 maybe throw in pinks instead?
  • I failed on lockpicking and remove trap and nothing blew up (yay).
  • I saw SEVERAL more legendary items in the chests!
THE BAD
  • As Tina mentioned when you fail to remove the trap (which happened about 5 itmes for each Trove chests even at GM) you are hit with an explosion that did 50ish HP damage to EVERYONE on screen. I eventually had to bring in another char to help with the spawn and even standing on the edge of the screen to barely see the chest, the character was hit for half HP that far away. This also doesn't account for whatever mob spawns when you fail. The mob also seems to auto aggro on the treasure hunter... I died a couple times when an ancient wyrm or Frost Drag spawned on top of me... they also seem a little faster than the normal versions of the mobs. They are all like a blueish color and don't have a name except for "Ancient Guardian"... makes it a little difficult determining a Greater Drag from a Frost Drag... I only knew what they were when I killed them. You see their corpse name but can't loot it (more on that below).
  • Having hiding doesn't help as you are revealed as soon as the explosion goes off... same thing with using invis. Not only are you revealed but again in my experiences I was auto aggro'ed immediately. Best strategy seemed to be precast greater heal and hit it as soon as you fail. I thought I read that you wouldn't be revealed as part of this new treasure stuff... I'm fine with it the explosion revealing as that's how everything else works but seems to go against what we were told.
  • It took me MUCH LONGER to do the Trove chests this time around (and this was without any initial spawn). With the ancient guardians spawning each time (I spawned 4-5 of them each time at GM remove trap) it adds a good deal of time if you are solo'ing. It certainly seems like DEVs are angling them towards group activities; it would certainly make them go smoother/quicker. I'd be fine with this IF the ancient guardians dropped loot. I ended up having to log another account in the help with the guardians and for the hassle of adding party members / killing additional guardians you get nothing. It felt like like I was being cheated here after I finally killed an ancient wyrm and got nothing except a clear screen to spawn another guardian.
  • I'll post the actual loot in a different post but the loot was mixed results. There seemed to be some decent items but I definitely noticed some of same nonsense things spawning as before like stamina or cold resist spawning on legendary weaps. I also think that ALL jewelry I got from the trove chest was antique or cursed... nothing clean or prized.
  • The remove trap messaging does feel a little vague as @Tina Small also stated earlier... you start to remove trap (get a message) and then you kind of just stand there for 15 seconds until you get blown up and a monster spawns on you.
Those are just my initial observations... I'm not sure how much more testing I will be able to do as the beginning of June is extremely busy for me but I'll try to do a few more and post loot.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I still think it's completely asinine and stupid that the guardians don't spawn any loot... that's just an insult. IMO to the players. Go do this for some craptastic loot in the box but the mobs that will spawn over and over because the RNG sucks won't have anything at all to loot... WTF... it's kinda like this is how we feel about our players... Their time means nothing...

Going to make it 10x harder to get into the chest but you get 10x less for doing it. If there was a middle finger emoji I'd use it for them...

Again @Kyronix what part of that spells "fun" for a GROUP??????

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I haven't read everything to find out on my own, but does anyone know if dungeon spawning chests will be getting a boost or no ? Will the empty Ilsh chests get a boost ?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't read everything to find out on my own, but does anyone know if dungeon spawning chests will be getting a boost or no ? Will the empty Ilsh chests get a boost ?
I checked the ones in the Yew crypts and the Fel Trinsic mint a few weeks ago and nothing seemed different about the process of opening them or the loot.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I checked the ones in the Yew crypts and the Fel Trinsic mint a few weeks ago and nothing seemed different about the process of opening them or the loot.
That's disappointing, but not surprising...thank you :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've done a few.
Every chest I dug cache and above had at least 1 legendary item
most of my major and greater artifacts were prized or brittle
Paperwork was in multiples, one cache chest had 3 hoard maps in, the hoard Fel map I dug had one of each, a sot, an soa, a ps and a map.
The only death I've had so far was due to the infamous non-spawning monster, laaaag. Test center is a long way from home for me.

On the whole, I'm a happy camper. Dealing with the ancient guardians will get easier as people devise a strategy for them. I have my strategy, it works.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I went to TC this morning took a level one map from the Brit common area, dug it up, Lp it, then found I had to use remove trap on it, I threw the map down and recalled to brit and logged out. Seems they wish you to use the skill there for feed back, well here is my feed back I refuse to do any maps testing on TC if you have to use the require skill of Remove trap.

@Kyronix And if this goes live my t hunter will hang up her shovel and picks.

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I went to TC this morning took a level one map from the Brit common area, dug it up, Lp it, then found I had to use remove trap on it, I threw the map down and recalled to brit and logged out. Seems they wish you to use the skill there for feed back, well here is my feed back I refuse to do any maps testing on TC if you have to use the require skill of Remove trap.

You're sounding stubborn and less than intellectually gifted for no reason. You're having a hard time with editing a template? You haven't been around long I guess, since my Hally mage doesn't work anymore, or my lumberjack axer, or my WoD archer, or... etc etc etc

The game evolves, and they babied this down for you all so much. You just have to train 1 skill, you don't have to do a puzzle (which I think was a bit too new of an addition to an old system). how hard is this for you to do anything other than "the same" in this game?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're sounding stubborn and less than intellectually gifted for no reason. You're having a hard time with editing a template? You haven't been around long I guess, since my Hally mage doesn't work anymore, or my lumberjack axer, or my WoD archer, or... etc etc etc

The game evolves, and they babied this down for you all so much. You just have to train 1 skill, you don't have to do a puzzle (which I think was a bit too new of an addition to an old system). how hard is this for you to do anything other than "the same" in this game?
You actually have to train tinkering and remove trap.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

No offense, but I"m thinking Kyronix more than likely won't lose any sleep over that.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

You don't even have to train the skill, just press the remove trap button then the chest, defeat the series of guardians, collect loot. You can do it with zero remove trap, it just takes longer. It's a compromise, people didn't want puzzles so they changed it.

Some people seem to truly never be happy with any sort of change ever.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't even have to train the skill, just press the remove trap button then the chest, defeat the series of guardians, collect loot. You can do it with zero remove trap, it just takes longer. It's a compromise, people didn't want puzzles so they changed it.

Some people seem to truly never be happy with any sort of change ever.
And if that is the case, who has the right to put them down for it? No one knows what other stuff people are dealing with outside of UO and how much time, mental energy, and/or physical wellness they have to deal with changes like this. It isn't helping a darn thing to put people down for not liking this change. It's coming from out of the blue and as far as any of us know at this time, there is no real improvement to the rewards from doing treasure chests. All that's clear at this point is that the process is changed and people will have to invest a whole lot more time into doing them than they did before, and for some people that's not a tradeoff that makes sense to them. You can't really blame them for being unhappy about it without knowing those people and what else they have going on in their lives.

For all we know, the older folks who play UO may be dealing with their own physical and mental changes, or are dealing with spouses or children who are ill or even dying. They may enjoy playing UO for an hour or so here and there and can't do stuff in groups or things that are complicated or require lots of attention and preparation. Treasure hunting may be one of the few somewhat challenging things they can still do and now it's being completely turned on its ear and if they dare to voice their concerns they are put down for not being willing to change.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
And if that is the case, who has the right to put them down for it? No one knows what other stuff people are dealing with outside of UO and how much time, mental energy, and/or physical wellness they have to deal with changes like this. It isn't helping a darn thing to put people down for not liking this change. It's coming from out of the blue and as far as any of us know at this time, there is no real improvement to the rewards from doing treasure chests. All that's clear at this point is that the process is changed and people will have to invest a whole lot more time into doing them than they did before, and for some people that's not a tradeoff that makes sense to them. You can't really blame them for being unhappy about it without knowing those people and what else they have going on in their lives.
No offense, but if someone's life is so chaotic that they cannot handle the 90 seconds it takes to remove trap at 0 skill, maybe they shouldn't be playing UO?

Nothing is coming out of the blue, Remove Trap was talking about for months before it even went into this patch cycle. They removed Puzzles because of the mass whining that happened. Now they conceded and made training remove trap completely optional and people are still pancakes about it. It is clear that some people do not want any change at all and just want free loot dropped into their pack with no effort.

the process is changed and people will have to invest a whole lot more time into doing them than they did before
Really? 90 seconds at 0 remove trap to disarm the trap. About 20s at GM remove trap. Anyone that is upset over that "extra time" needs to really take a step back and re-evaluate things.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
nobody cares about unattended skill gain anymore. as long as it isnt monopolizing content other players use or auto-farming loot, you're probably good to go. we're all old now, we've trained our skills a hundred times over the hard way, if someone wants to gm a skill in their house while they're asleep these days, its just fine with me.
Which - given this - why not make skill gain easier? I mean - instead of .1 gains - give us 1.0 gains. It would still take time to gain a new skill but honestly all this content relies on 100 still or 120 skill for stuff and grinding out a new character is horribly slow especially through gameplay. A new player should be able to start and skill up in a week.

You can download fortnite and play immediately. This BS of taking weeks and months to gain skill is killing our enjoyment and any chance of new players.

I get we have introduced Alacrity and SoT's but honestly those are still hard enough to get that unless you are a Hard Core powergamer you still don't have many of either to powergame a skill. Those Pinks should drop like freaking candy. If you have the level to do champ spawns - you should be getting a bunch of those to skill up a secondary character.

As it is I can do champs now for a month and be lucky to get 3 points in Animal Taming or Remove Trap.

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
the reason I didn't like the puzzles was after seeing all of the people with physical ailments bummed about having a hard time, and I'm sure that was just something initially overlooked on Kyronix's original system implementation, so you guys brought it up, it was logical and thoughtful and he listened.

I'm not putting someone down for not liking change, but it's for intentionally trying to poison the well of the game developers trying to make sure UO is engaging and sticks around. They really did this to improve something and I think overall theyre doing a good job of it

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Go play on Test center and try out treasure hunting!

PLEASE Go place your constructive opinions here:

Pub 105 - Treasure Map Update Release 3

More testing better loot! *crosses fingers*

UO is not Game of Thrones. If the story is not playing out how we want it to, we can change it. Sometimes that involves criticizing. Sometimes that involves opinions that are not shared by the many. Do what Kyronix said in the intro and play nice!

We are lucky the Devs will do this and play with us.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remove trap at GM takes exactly as long to untrap a chest as the current count down timer before you can re-use the skill. I play EC, I watched it count down.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
There was nothing wrong with treasure hunting as it is right now on the prodo shards. I rather keep mine maps as they are, all 7 levels, I do not need new names nor breaking them down into groups like warrior’s cache etc.. This was not ask for by the player group that call themselves Treasure Hunters. All they asked for was a bit of improvement on the loot in the chests.

Instead they completely revamp everything. Now there is no loot on the guardians, few items in the chest, far less to unravel, where as normal shards we taking sometimes two full bags home to unravel. I like to see a few less antique or prized items in the chests myself, instead there are far fewer items in those chests. And they making it a requirement to have remove trap on the t hunter’s skills. I have that skill (GM) on another account, used it in the last Halloween Dungeon, I was not happy with training up to GM.

Now I am going to tell you a secret, I hate doing maps everywhere except Felucca and Trammel. Why? Because I hate the spawns of guardians on those other facets, there are two facet (on TC) that you cannot gate to nor mark runes for maps so you are forces to use items like the jawbone or the crystal to get as close as possible, For Malas and Tokuno there is nothing at all to help with getting to map’s locations and you have to take those long runs to mark. At least you can mark.

So I am old fashion in mine ways and will stick to Trammel and Felucca maps, passing on any other facet’s maps, I will keep using my old library of runes that were just fine before Pub 22. I normally give any other facet maps away or trash for points.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There was nothing wrong with treasure hunting as it is right now on the prodo shards. I rather keep mine maps as they are, all 7 levels, I do not need new names nor breaking them down into groups like warrior’s cache etc.. This was not ask for by the player group that call themselves Treasure Hunters. All they asked for was a bit of improvement on the loot in the chests.

Instead they completely revamp everything. Now there is no loot on the guardians, few items in the chest, far less to unravel, where as normal shards we taking sometimes two full bags home to unravel. I like to see a few less antique or prized items in the chests myself, instead there are far fewer items in those chests. And they making it a requirement to have remove trap on the t hunter’s skills. I have that skill (GM) on another account, used it in the last Halloween Dungeon, I was not happy with training up to GM.

Now I am going to tell you a secret, I hate doing maps everywhere except Felucca and Trammel. Why? Because I hate the spawns of guardians on those other facets, there are two facet (on TC) that you cannot gate to nor mark runes for maps so you are forces to use items like the jawbone or the crystal to get as close as possible, For Malas and Tokuno there is nothing at all to help with getting to map’s locations and you have to take those long runs to mark. At least you can mark.

So I am old fashion in mine ways and will stick to Trammel and Felucca maps, passing on any other facet’s maps, I will keep using my old library of runes that were just fine before Pub 22. I normally give any other facet maps away or trash for points.
I can't possibly like this response enough.

Here is what you had to do to fix T-Hunting:

1 - Put the coordinates on the map (don't force someone to have a Davies locker)
2 - Remove all 50 stone loot.
3 - Cut down on sheer items by 25%.
4 - Get rid of regs - its just nonsene items. No one needs 10 GP worth of spider silk
5 - Reduce the number of Antique items and cursed items by 20%
6 - Increase the high end loot spawn by 10%

Thats all. No need for new names, new mechanics, new skill etc. None of it fosters group play or anything the player base wanted.

Tmaps should just be that extra bonus (hey I killed this cool monster - now I have a chance to get some extra loot) into some sort of additional experience that reduces the items in increases the effort. 5 items and now 10 minutes to unlock a chest? Please.

Also - why do you EVER fail on a skeleton key? Shouldn't it work every single time? Its a damn skeleton key.

What is crazy is that there was likely quite a bit of coding going into the new changes - the ones above would have taken probably 1/10 the time and it was all that was needed to tweak it to a more reasonable activity.

Just like community collections - change some of the turn in items and some of the rewards and revive something YOU ALREADY CODED that is not being used. For all that is holy - stop over complicating and just take the easy path to success. Its right in front of you.

fonsvitae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Zero RT should not yield any success at all, IMHO, yet it does yield success w/ only a time constraint as a penalty: people are crying and they do not know how good they got it.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I get we have introduced Alacrity and SoT's but honestly those are still hard enough to get that unless you are a Hard Core powergamer you still don't have many of either to powergame a skill. Those Pinks should drop like freaking candy. If you have the level to do champ spawns - you should be getting a bunch of those to skill up a secondary character.
And hopefully NOT taste id and camping....which I seem to get a lot of

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Maybe what some people object to is having to change their template and train a new skill up to GM which is boring and time-consuming (also painful on some people's hands) just to get back to where they were before but with less fun and less loot....oh and they can't even do the high level chests they were doing before, maybe they were happy with it as it was and never asked for it to get 'revamped'... I'm with @Drakelord on this and even the tireless tester @Tina Small is feeling less than enthusiastic.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm one of those that asked for a loot bump. Never in my worst nightmare did I envision this...because someone wanted to make a useless skill useful?

What are we gonna do nex, cripple cooking to make taste ID work for something?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I guess someone wanted to make their mark on something, well he certainly made it, but not in a good way :(

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The good side is, maps are selling pretty high now :D

Plus, if I don't just take a break from UO, I can turn my T-hunter into a tamer...never made one, didnt have a char slot open.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm still ok with adding RT to my template and removing the stupid Mining some putz thought I needed to have some time ago... fine whatever...

But I am PISSED about the no loot on the guardian mobs that spawn from a jacked up RNG... and failure to RT...

PISSED about it taking 10x longer to get in the freaking chest after it takes however long to go find the freaking thing...

@Kyronix Imagine you get a group of people together to go just want to tame some of the Frost Dragons... or Cold Drakes... Now I have 10X less loot in the boxes to spawn more mobs with... which means less **** spawning which means I have to **** with more maps... which the people standing around with me are going to be bored as hell and GET NOTHING for the effort... they won't even get loot off what they kill while I'm jacking with the stupid RNG RT skill taking forever in a day to work???

WHERE in this is the FUN??? You said you wanted us to do things as a group yet at EVERY turn it is less and less of a group activity and more and more of a middle finger to the players.

So you want people to be bored... waste tons of time... use up a lot of resources to get less stuff and less oppertunity??? And this makes sense to you how?

Initially you said you wanted the higher maps to be done only with a group yet you want the group to do it for scraps??? This is exactly why it becomes more and more difficult for me to get a group to do anything at all...

Just like the roof... spend hours getting people through all the rooms because there is always those jerks who come late and haven't done them so you have to do it over and over and over again to get a group .... If you can find anyone willing to actually GO... then get to the roof battle through all 4 bosses.... sometimes just to have someone accidentally DC and get teleported away for some stupid reason like they planted one of those dumb seeds in the Abyss.... or some other stupid reason... finally get the last boss killed a NO ONE in the group gets a drop at all .... after 3 or 4 runs of this and people don't get anything but junk they decide it's not worth the effort and won't do it ever again...

This is how the entire game is going... I myself refuse to go do Covetous or any of that crap die too damn often and for what??? I've never gotten a damn thing from there. Never... not one single special drop from there... NEVER gotten a dang thing from doing Despise either... Waste of freaking time... IMO.

How many times is too many times to not get anything before the entire game is just wasting time and NOT fun???

Well for most folk after they have died 3 or 4 times and failed 3 or 4 more times that's it.

So they don't want to do anything but solo stuff because they don't want to share loot.... or they do less and less and log in less and less and then find another game to play where it's more rewarding for their time spent in game. Which is where I am right now... Black Desert is far more rewarding in the FUN zone for my time spent in game. UO used to be all I ever cared about... I never even looked at other games because I was having FAR too much fun in UO... but that time has long since past. Now I get frustrated, disgusted and disappointed over and over and over again... I grind for hours on end for little to no reward... Most my friends have gone. Either they are gone from the world as a whole ... or they have moved on to other more rewarding games. Or they simply found RL was more enjoyable than wasted time grinding away for nothing.

Many gave up on doing things they enjoyed like IDOCs because scripters now rule those and the average player has no chance in hades of that being rewarding and no person in their right mind is going to spend 15 hours waiting on a house to drop... Normal people have lives. Scripters don't care they set up their macro knowing exactly when to come look and when to leave and come back ...

Scripters bot the champs so they know exactly when to come raid... making it again near impossible for the average joe who isn't in the "in" crowd to do a spawn... taking the fun out of the game 1 thing at a time...

What is so horrible about allowing the players to loot corpses of things they kill??? 5 extra items of loot on a mob is going to make it OP how???? I enjoy killing dragons ..... FOR THE GEMS... Now you take that away and killing them just becomes a chore. Sure I get to loot the initial spawn whoop-de-do-dah... I'm sorry but this is just you all sticking the middle finger to the players and I for one am sick of it... and maybe it's not YOU @Kyronix... because we all know where the buck stops... but I am just sick of getting the shaft. And I'm NOT going to be quiet about it.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I did a warrior’s Stash on TC using
remove trap;
Here is the skills I had on the character

Here the location of the map and a couple of suggestions if you do this live.

Here I set remove trap (Something I really hope we do not do when this goes live)! With my current skills I am trading mining for remove trap on the sea saw I use on Sonoma. Since Cart replacing mining on TC, I would have to keep Cart to dig up the chest so I have no room for remove trap on this character. Now someone is going to say drop Med, I use Med regen my mana quicker while casting healing on my pets when I cannot get close to them due to area effect attacks from the guardians.

Here the amount of loot I retrieved from the chest

Really sad on the amount of loot each chest. I did the very next level after this and retrieved seven items from the chest. Remove trap IMO is not needed nor necessary for treasure hunters when doing maps. I hope this will help.

bourne

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Thanks for testing @Tina Small, as I already said I won't be training Remove Trap, if I stand around clicking a mouse over and over I will kill my hand, it's not worth it. I'm starting the clear out of my Keep today, it's been a fun 3 years but I guess this is the end for me. :(
But the publish has not hit yet. Why such despair? It will also be tweaked!

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
And hopefully NOT taste id and camping....which I seem to get a lot of
Corgul is really fond of dropping those, actually.

Also, I hope we can buy remove trap up to 50 in Haven after this goes live. I have 40 points in rt pinks and might have 50 before it goes live by pestering Corgul enough times.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Decided to switch it up and do some Horde (hoard) chests...

I did 9 total (all in fel) with 6880 luck. The first 3 I did solo (no party) and the next 3 I did with 1 person in the party and the final 3 I had 2 people in the party.
On average:
  • 4 paper items in each chest (was a combo of pinks/blues/PS/new map).
  • 22-25 items per chest (includes gem bag in each chest which seemed to always be 12 items)
  • Roughly 53-60k
  • Took 5-8 attempts at GM remove trap to successfully remove trap... almost seemed like it become harder to remove the trap the more ppl in the party since the first 3 I opened in 5/6/5 attempts and once partied it took 6/7/7/8/7/7.
  • Each time I failed the trap did about 25-30 damage and 1 ancient guardian appeared. Auto Aggro on the t hunter.
  • Every chest had a legendary item; some had 2 or 3. The legendary items ranged from something not worth saving (minimal mods / screwy mods) to one or two items that made me look twice (although I think roof/exodus legendaries are better still).
  • Mostly metal chests (no rusty) with 2 gold. Loot in the gold did not appear to be any type of upgrade. Same paper items, same ballpark gold & items and the legendary items from these gold chests were NOT the best ones I got. Almost seems like the difference between metal and gold chest is very minimal if any.
  • CaptureGold.PNG
Overall the loot is definitely better this go-round but the mods seem like they don't really match the chest types. I saw many "arcane" & "mystic" & "mage armor" type armor in the assassin/ranger chests (as well as in the mage). I also even had a couple spell channel weaps in the non-mage chest and 1 mage weap.

Questions:
  • Has anyone else noticed that their armor/weapon/jewel mods don't quite matchup with your chest type? Are you getting animated of haste items specifically in the assassin chest for example?
  • Has anyone (beside the K's) been able to successfully remove trap a Hoard or Trove chest the first try with any level RT?
  • What's the average item count others are seeing? Partied vs non partied?

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thread has been cleaned up. Please keep all comments without any insults, personal attacks or trolling. All posts that do not follow will be removed and warnings will be issued. Thanks for your understanding.

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
i'm be-hind on this stuff.

i don't understand why they'd make it require a new skill. one of the good things about the changes was that it might loosen up t-hunting templates a bit. was frustrating that rogue-ish characters were mostly limited to mages, tamers, bards, etc. in fantasy many of them are fighters. i've long thought that most of the rogue skills should actually be consolidated and should include combat bonuses that don't stack with other skills combat bonuses/abilities.

i'm glad RT isn't required really but why make it an issue at all? why would they make things that much more complicated to code?

also....there were puzzles and we complained? why on earth would we do that? that sounds really cool!

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
y not either need lockpocking OR have a puzzle, and have remove trap cut down on the time or something? (the idea would b that any lockpicker can bypass the traps but only a specialist can just get rid of them entirely?)