• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Castle Designs P104

I've been checking out the upcoming castle designs on the TC. There are some really nice ones! I am curious though as to why more of these 30x30x4 behemoths aren't better utilizing teleport? Maybe they are and just better concealed than my clunky, laggy machine can handle :)

Style wise my favorite ones are The Sandstone and Lacrimae in Caelo. The bottom 2 floors of the Sandstone have a wonderful open area perfect for a sprawling shop/lab/whatever you want. Hitting the pair of single stairs right by front entrance was a bit clunky for me.

SOOO disappointed in the Lacrimae in Caelo- I could only visit the bottom floor- I couldn't get up the funky L-stairs and of course no teleport that I could find :-( Screenshots show that it has a lot of open room to work with.

The Okinawa Castle is perfect for RP. I also love how after gaining access to bottom floor there is a door to restrict access to the upper levels. Again I wish for teleport option to facilitate navigation.

I like the Camelot and Grimswind Sisters for their functionality. Quick access to a workshop area. Love the courtyard leading to main entrance of Grimswind but the second floor loses me with it's door fest. Thankfully the 3rd & 4th levels are free flowing and not so tedious. Also the 'secret' dungeon/ mad laboratory on the bottom floor is awesome.

The Camelot is very functional which I love but the 2 main downsides is that I don't find the outside very appealing- I'm sure it could be dressed up with proper décor. The other issue I have is that except for the 3rd floor balcony the rest of the castle can be accessed without going through a door/teleport. I am all about the eliminating doors and having open designs, but that can be accomplished with a discreet teleport pad by entrance thereby blocking random monsters and nefarious players.

If I had to pick one though, it would be The Robin's Roost. I like the easy access to workshop area on bottom floor along with TELEPORT tiles to each of the other 3 levels. Also the 2nd floor balcony was wonderfully done combining style and functionality. It would be a toss up on whether it's enough to pull me away from The Spires and it's bounty of open space along with super easy navigation- I *almost* forget it doesn't have teleport tiles lol

[bcolor=transparent]Just FYI on the TC- you can only 'Securely Convert..' to same size classic house once before being hit with the 87kish second timer. Also only allowed one demolish per hour which means can do 4 designs the first hour, then only 2 in between demolishes after that. Slow going but thankful to get a walkthrough before plopping down 45ish mil+ on production shard even if a chunk of that is eventually refundable. [/bcolor]

Last edited:

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've been checking out the upcoming castle designs on the TC. There are some really nice ones! I am curious though as to why more of these 30x30x4 behemoths aren't better utilizing teleport? Maybe they are and just better concealed than my clunky, laggy machine can handle :)

Style wise my favorite ones are The Sandstone and Lacrimae in Caelo. The bottom 2 floors of the Sandstone have a wonderful open area perfect for a sprawling shop/lab/whatever you want. Hitting the pair of single stairs right by front entrance was a bit clunky for me.

SOOO disappointed in the Lacrimae in Caelo- I could only visit the bottom floor- I couldn't get up the funky L-stairs and of course no teleport that I could find :-( Screenshots show that it has a lot of open room to work with.

The Okinawa Castle is perfect for RP. I also love how after gaining access to bottom floor there is a door to restrict access to the upper levels. Again I wish for teleport option to facilitate navigation.

I like the Camelot and Grimswind Sisters for their functionality. Quick access to a workshop area. Love the courtyard leading to main entrance of Grimswind but the second floor loses me with it's door fest. Thankfully the 3rd & 4th levels are free flowing and not so tedious. Also the 'secret' dungeon/ mad laboratory on the bottom floor is awesome.

The Camelot is very functional which I love but the 2 main downsides is that I don't find the outside very appealing- I'm sure it could be dressed up with proper décor. The other issue I have is that except for the 3rd floor balcony the rest of the castle can be accessed without going through a door/teleport. I am all about the eliminating doors and having open designs, but that can be accomplished with a discreet teleport pad by entrance thereby blocking random monsters and nefarious players.

If I had to pick one though, it would be The Robin's Roost. I like the easy access to workshop area on bottom floor along with TELEPORT tiles to each of the other 3 levels. Also the 2nd floor balcony was wonderfully done combining style and functionality. It would be a toss up on whether it's enough to pull me away from The Spires and it's bounty of open space along with super easy navigation- I *almost* forget it doesn't have teleport tiles lol

[bcolor=transparent]Just FYI on the TC- you can only 'Securely Convert..' to same size classic house once before being hit with the 87kish second timer. Also only allowed one demolish per hour which means can do 4 designs the first hour, then only 2 in between demolishes after that. Slow going but thankful to get a walkthrough before plopping down 45ish mil+ on production shard even if a chunk of that is eventually refundable. [/bcolor]
The reason the Spires doesn't have teleporters is because you can buy them in the store and put them where you want them. I designed the stairs so one quick run gets you from ground to roof in seconds without the need to navigate around a bunch of rooms or deco. And of course not having to put up with teleporters where I had a use for them but you may not have :). My big issue with people putting in porters is they are NEVER when you end up wanting them to be once you deco it. If you look at the pics in The spires thread there are porters all over both of the decorated castles only they are store/vet purchased tele tiles. They are also in different places in both castles as once you do the deco you need them in dif spots, no two deco themes are the same.

I also have a keep on siege and ended up converting it to robins nest, but ONLY as it was the most open of those designs to pick from and was a step up from the original. The things I really dislike about it is the fact it has teleporters, placed next to each other behind walls, so you have to put on circ to find them, that they are NOT where I would have put them, and the fact that you cant get to the roof by stairs unless you go outside which forces you to use porters that are in really crap locations is a pain. To just use the stairs you have to run from one side of the building to the other. I also find a lot of wasted space by the time you get to the roof. *sighs*

Robin's Roost as a castle was automatically ruled out by me when considering my second build castle as I cant cope with the third floor with all the 'set rooms' and again I have issue with the porters. I have done another Spires ( due to this) on Oceania. Once I am done deco'ing it I will add picks to that spires thread. This castle is in the process of being fitted out as a player run event castle and my main storage building so will be a totally different look to the two that are in that thread.

If my last castle had got up (Traditional Tudor Castle) in the last competition round for castles I would of built that instead. I will submit that same build (with the odd modification next time on the off chance it gets up as I know a lot of people were annoyed it didn't get in this last time.

Either way have fun with them :)

The reason the Spires doesn't have teleporters is because you can buy them in the store and put them where you want them. I designed the stairs so one quick run gets you from ground to roof in seconds without the need to navigate around a bunch of rooms or deco. And of course not having to put up with teleporters where I had a use for them but you may not have :). My big issue with people putting in porters is they are NEVER when you end up wanting them to be once you deco it. If you look at the pics in The spires thread there are porters all over both of the decorated castles only they are store/vet purchased tele tiles. They are also in different places in both castles as once you do the deco you need them in dif spots, no two deco themes are the same.

I also have a keep on siege and ended up converting it to robins nest, but ONLY as it was the most open of those designs to pick from and was a step up from the original. The things I really dislike about it is the fact it has teleporters, placed next to each other behind walls, so you have to put on circ to find them, that they are NOT where I would have put them, and the fact that you cant get to the roof by stairs unless you go outside which forces you to use porters that are in really crap locations is a pain. To just use the stairs you have to run from one side of the building to the other. I also find a lot of wasted space by the time you get to the roof. *sighs*

Robin's Roost as a castle was automatically ruled out by me when considering my second build castle as I cant cope with the third floor with all the 'set rooms' and again I have issue with the porters. I have done another Spires ( due to this) on Oceania. Once I am done deco'ing it I will add picks to that spires thread. This castle is in the process of being fitted out as a player run event castle and my main storage building so will be a totally different look to the two that are in that thread.

If my last castle had got up (Traditional Tudor Castle) in the last competition round for castles I would of built that instead. I will submit that same build (with the odd modification next time on the off chance it gets up as I know a lot of people were annoyed it didn't get in this last time.

Either way have fun with them :)
I had no clue you can buy your own teleporters, thanks for the tip on that :) Great job on the Spires! Sadly I had to let mine go on LA in favor of a large tower on Atlantic. Hopefully your Tudor Castle will make it next time, I can't wait to check it out if it's anywhere near the same caliber as the Spires.