• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New castle contest

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Is there going to be a new castle and keep design contest ? I have looked back but don't see any mention of one . Anyone remember ?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think they said they weren't doing any more for a while (ever!), it was after they didn't follow their own contest rules, people got annoyed and there was some angst... :p

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Duh .....

I'd like to see more options before I commit to a design. It takes me a long time to decorate , usually months or even years lol

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I had the Robin's Nest one and I was really happy with it, so much better than the classic keep, it was the first design I totally loved.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Duh .....

I'd like to see more options before I commit to a design. It takes me a long time to decorate , usually months or even years lol
That was me also. I dropped a normal keep for a normal castle then upgraded it.

I moved all my stuff from the Keep to one room in the castle and then took FOREVER to unpack and decorate. I am pretty happy with it now.

Last edited:

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I
I had the Robin's Nest one and I was really happy with it, so much better than the classic keep, it was the first design I totally loved.
Saw that one , yeah it's ok.
The one with the waterfall ,I forgot it's name, is almost what I'm looking for . Just don't like the waterfall ... Or the big fireplace on one of the floors .

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
That was me also. I dropped a normal keep for a normal castle then upgraded it.

I moved all my stuff from the Keep to one room in the castle and then took FOREVER to unpack and decorate. I am pretty happy with it now.

That looks like a lot of dusting and maintenance there lol

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I think I've settled on the dragon bone castle by bree for my conversion.
But I've been told I have to release my 3rd and 4th levels of stone pavers and walls before I can do it ....:wall:

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I think I've settled on the dragon bone castle by bree for my conversion.
But I've been told I have to release my 3rd and 4th levels of stone pavers and walls before I can do it ....:wall:
also any goza mats & carpet
grass, sand or snow tiles
(they can be inside other containers)

also note: if you have mannequins
if you do not move them to another house
they will be thrown into the moving crate
(if using EC, they are together inside the same crate
with the mannequin next to each one)
but this will put your house beyond your storage capacity
if you have lot of them.

some deeded items, like raised gardens
will have to be axed before conversion

================

after you convert,
make sure to take out your jewelry box first
(they count as item count, when not locked down)

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
One design that I don't see a lot around is "The House Built on the Ruins", designed by Wendy. It is the only one totally NOT Borg-cube-like (and this maybe explain its little success... :p ), but IMO the most original one and the one with the most possibilities.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
ALL craftable stone items...not just 3rd and 4th floor but if you have any craftable stone it needs to come down.

ALL house add-ons that are originally in deed form

ALL gozas

I've converted twice now and I missed ONE stinking stone paver that was hiding the second time around so make sure you use CoT if you tend to use those or gozas

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Yes I made all my floors shadow stone pavers .
Thinking I may just double click some every night for a few days and let them decay on their own lol

Thank you all for the info

Last edited:

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
One design that I don't see a lot around is "The House Built on the Ruins", designed by Wendy. It is the only one totally NOT Borg-cube-like (and this maybe explain its little success... :p ), but IMO the most original one and the one with the most possibilities.

It's very creative , but has too many different walls competing with each other for me .

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Yes I made all my floors shadow stone pavers .
Thinking I may just double click some every night for a few days and let them decay on their own lol
you could always double click them, just before conversion.
anything not locked down will be thrown outside under the house sign.