• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] New BoD rewards...

G

guum

I know that information is still being collected in the subforum on these, but it's a little tricky to figure out what to expect from that. Has a chart been compiled yet somewhere, similar to the old tower of roses one, that has this data?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It turns out is a random modifier to the point value of the rewards. The tables like TOR are based on the standard values. So, there's no way to quantify the change for new chart, without knowing the way the random modifier is calculated.

Worse, if we did know the method, and chose to incorporate it, you'd get some really weird values (BODs would go from 1-3 possible rewards to 4-7, and would really be less of a guide than the current charts, as the current charts appear to still be the result about 80% of the time).

The best way to currently handle the rewards is to look at the point system itself, find a BOD's actual point value, and then look at the reward for that value, and the 2 or 3 items next higher in value, as possibilities.

It appears that items with rewards less than 115 PS are immune to the bonus, maybe higher for smith BODs (I'd not looked at the reports since the devs promised info, but they've failed to provide it, so I guess it's time...)