• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Banners?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They are the characters from the virtue tile quest. Maybe they will have another quest arc with those rewards?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They have been in the art files for a while now...

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thought they said they where NL art work for your personal banner quest thing

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Good catch - those would be some sweet banners to have for sure!

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with Pawain that it may be another quest arc, most likely replacing and reusing much of the tabard event quest. Maybe that is why the medallions are offered on Bucs Den Pirate now. If you haven't got tabards for all your alt chars, it may be time to do so before they revamp...

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
These would make good vet rewards .
Especially if you could customize them with different names or colours .

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Thought they said they where NL art work for your personal banner quest thing
Ya I am pretty sure you are correct. I saw those the other night as well, they are, I think, based on the eight Virtues.
1622292185462.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya I am pretty sure you are correct. I saw those the other night as well, they are, I think, based on the eight Virtues.
These are NPCs in the Virtue tile quest as I said. The Black Gate quest had all of these NPCs, some of them are related to virtues and some to codexs. The Devs made a banner for each NPC but did nothing with them yet.

Look at the pictures, there is no Lute virtue.

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
...NPCs from the last quest?

Seriously folks, have none of you ever read up on the lore of the Ultima universe?

Each banner names one of the Avatar's eight companions and the sigil or virtue concept they are related to. Dupre is the companion of Honor which is often associated with the goblet. Katrina is the companion of humility and was once a sheep farmer. Iolo is a bard and the companion of compassion. Mariah is the companion of honesty and the book there relates to her backstory as a mage. Geoffrey is the companion of valor and has a famous story concerning him and the dragon Ignus. Julia is the crafter/tinker of Minoc, city of sacrifice. Shamino the ranger isfrom Skara Brae, the city of spirituality. Jaana is the companion of justice and is also famous for a story involving a goblin called 'the parable of justice.'

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
...NPCs from the last quest?

Seriously folks, have none of you ever read up on the lore of the Ultima universe?

Each banner names one of the Avatar's eight companions and the sigil or virtue concept they are related to. Dupre is the companion of Honor which is often associated with the goblet. Katrina is the companion of humility and was once a sheep farmer. Iolo is a bard and the companion of compassion. Mariah is the companion of honesty and the book there relates to her backstory as a mage. Geoffrey is the companion of valor and has a famous story concerning him and the dragon Ignus. Julia is the crafter/tinker of Minoc, city of sacrifice. Shamino the ranger isfrom Skara Brae, the city of spirituality. Jaana is the companion of justice and is also famous for a story involving a goblin called 'the parable of justice.'
The Black Gate quest had all of these. I said each is also an NPC that had something to do with Virtues or Codexs of Ultima. But all of these NPCs were quest givers.

I did that quest 20 times...

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
My point is that they are more than what you said. I'm well aware they were in the rune tile quest.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, I am not a wordsmith so I am trying to answer the OP. Where are they from:

I think they were put in when the Black Gate quest was being developed. They were a possible reward IMO.

But the devs chose the tiles that were also already in the art files instead of these banners.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The art for the banners were added in the Valentine's patch in February of this year. The virtue tiles and black gate quest were added Sept of 2020.
So, back to the idea that they may be for the NL banners? Would we have the NL stuff in our files? I thought they were building it from the ground up.

I was hoping for custom banners for NL.

Or maybe they could rework the Black Gate quest and those be the rewards.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, back to the idea that they may be for the NL banners? Would we have the NL stuff in our files? I thought they were building it from the ground up.

I was hoping for custom banners for NL.

Or maybe they could rework the Black Gate quest and those be the rewards.
These have nothing to do with NL IMO

Plus, they already showed us the new banner system for NL in the 3rd NL newsletter:
1622331606311.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
These have nothing to do with NL IMO

Plus, they already showed us the new banner system for NL in the 3rd NL newsletter:
Cool was following the bad trail from a poster above. I like a few of those Sigils.

Still, They just happen to be the names of those NPCs.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe I saw them on the live stream when talking about NL but could be the mendelo effect