• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] New atlas disaster?

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
as of today, with bitterblack and new expandable atlas. im having a crazy graphical glitch. as long as its in atlas form it cannot be moved of dragged about without leaving trails and glitching up my screen graphics wise. its crazy. anyone else?

O

Old Man of UO

I'm using BBE with other mods added now that we have permission, and am not having any issues.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is what happens now when i drag the atlas around.
I have to get it where i want and reload the UI to get this to go away.

Attachments

O

Old Man of UO

Hmm... what are your system specs, system and video memory? I see you are running Media Center in the background... do you get this problem if you close everything else?

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nvidia GTX 285 1 gig ram. Q9550 2.83Ghz quad core processor. 8 gigz of ram. window XP. this happens without media center running. Evga 780i mobo.

O

Old Man of UO

Nvidia GTX 285 1 gig ram. Q9550 2.83Ghz quad core processor. 8 gigz of ram. window XP. this happens without media center running. Evga 780i mobo.
I assume you mean Windows XP 64 bit version? Otherwise, the 8 GB ram really only gives you just over 3 GB usable ram. BTW, Windows 7 will give you better memory management.

Other than the obvious advice to update your video driver, I haven't a clue.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
throwing this out there. I reinstalled the client fresh. even with default everything, i cant drag the atlas around in the EC. just just bogs up my screen. the map will not stay in its boarders.

D

Der Rock

I'm using BBE with other mods added now that we have permission, and am not having any issues.
could you pls explain how you do this?

and is it possible to add some of copper ui features in the BB ?

and do someone now if it is possible to do a container like in the old 3D? same colour and without this grid-trash ;)

thx

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm out of town right now, but once I get back, I can do a "gridless" 3d style background as an alternate file for Copper_Enhanced. It's just the replacement of a couple of textures in the files.

It would be mainly visible in grid view (obviously), the question is, just how visible should the gridlines should be if at all, also how visible the "grid highlight effect" when you mouse over a certain grid portion should be.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This! this is still happening. I've tried to reinstall. default skin after this patch, deleting random crap from my directories and re patching them in.
any ideas at all? drivers are up to date. this system is a beast.