• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEW: Announcing UOLedger.com

• Thread starter Wallenstein
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Would you make use of a site like UOLedger.com for live, breaking UO news?

• Yes

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • I'd periodically use it, but not on a consistent daily basis.

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
W

Wallenstein

Great Lakes players, see the official thread here.

Greetings all!

I have been keeping this project a secret for a very long time, but I have finally finished the design and am officially launching The Ultima Online Ledger, located at UOLedger.com!

The Ultima Online Ledger

UOLedger.com is an all-new live, breaking news source for Ultima Online. Similar to CNN.com and other major news sites, UOLedger.com provides news live, on-scene, and as it happens. We currently feature server news from Great Lakes only, but have tentative plans to expand our website to serve all of the 'English' UO servers in the future.

Along with Great Lakes updates, official EA announcements and other UO-related material will be posted on a regular basis for players from any server to read.

What I am seeking from the non-Great Lakes UO community is input on whether or not you would make use of a site such as UOLedger.com for live, breaking server news. I've added a poll to this thread for that purpose, so feel free to vote and voice your suggestions/opinions/remarks.

Thanks, and enjoy!

B

burnttrees

i went to the sight and looked at the layout i like it especially the classified section (nice touch) i had to choose periodically as its just beginning but it looks promising

W

Wallenstein

i went to the sight and looked at the layout i like it especially the classified section (nice touch) i had to choose periodically as its just beginning but it looks promising

And yeah, the site literally launched yesterday so we're still working on a few things. I have a programmer working on the Classifieds section so I'm hoping to have that implemented soon.

We're also open to suggestions from players as to how we can improve the site in any way, whether it be with new categories, pages, or simply aesthetic appeal.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't get it.

Are you planning on having your own army of reporters? If so, then 'yes'. If not, then 'no'.

:stir:

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you covered any of the shards I play on, sure I'd check it out.

W

Wallenstein

I don't get it.

Are you planning on having your own army of reporters? If so, then 'yes'. If not, then 'no'.

Out of curiosity, how would more reporters push you to use the site?

And at this time we have 4 reporters who play Great Lakes and report news as it happens. At least one of us (almost always 2+) is online virtually all the time so we're ready to post news whenever it happens. We are open to taking on more reporters but can't simply give backend access to anyone, which is why we're selective in our process.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Out of curiosity, how would more reporters push you to use the site?

And at this time we have 4 reporters who play Great Lakes and report news as it happens. At least one of us (almost always 2+) is online virtually all the time so we're ready to post news whenever it happens. We are open to taking on more reporters but can't simply give backend access to anyone, which is why we're selective in our process.
4 is good. I meant 4 per shard.

proctor

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I checked out the site and was impressed by the front page layout. It has a really nice look and feel to it. But I also think you need reports from the individual shards also. But all and all ill be coming back to check it out.